Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Thanks :) I am thinking to get a new TV soon. I only had this 42" like in november last year. But i am going to give it to a family member and purchase a bigger set hopefully 50". I don't think i will get a Full HD as i don't think i can justify its price. It will be a plasma. Probably between the panasonic 80 series or a samsung? I wanted the pioneer 508XDA but can't find one! What do you think?

Cheers,

K.

Nice find! I've got one too and couldn't be happier - I feel like it's given the old DVDs a new lease in life.

XE-1 is more superior (and the Oppo 983 better still) but you'll only really notice if you grab a beanbag and sit up nice and close to your TV :)

42" at 3.5m - you won't notice any difference between an EP-10 and XE-1.

Thanks :) I am thinking to get a new TV soon. I only had this 42" like in november last year. But i am going to give it to a family member and purchase a bigger set hopefully 50". I don't think i will get a Full HD as i don't think i can justify its price. It will be a plasma. Probably between the panasonic 80 series or a samsung? I wanted the pioneer 508XDA but can't find one! What do you think?

That's exactly what I'd be doing. Grabbing an 508XDA if you can somehow find one (I read there was one in Canberra?) otherwise it's between the Pana 80A or Sammy Q91.

Thanks :) I have almost given up on the pioneer. So its down to the Sammy Q91 or Pana 80A... Helpppp :)

I wonder if anyone have compared the 2 sets?

That's exactly what I'd be doing. Grabbing an 508XDA if you can somehow find one (I read there was one in Canberra?) otherwise it's between the Pana 80A or Sammy Q91.

Thanks :) I have almost given up on the pioneer. So its down to the Sammy Q91 or Pana 80A... Helpppp :)

I wonder if anyone have compared the 2 sets?

I was in the JB at Kedron (Brisbane) today and I am sure they had a 50" Kuro for $2999. (They also had the 1080p model too) If that is what you are chasing give them a call to check on it.

Thanks but unfortunately i am Sydney based...

I was in the JB at Kedron (Brisbane) today and I am sure they had a 50" Kuro for $2999. (They also had the 1080p model too) If that is what you are chasing give them a call to check on it.

does anyone know how much i can score a A650 47 or 40 inch for?

for what its worth i picked up a 52inch f8 series 6 weeks ago from the GOODGUYS for $3880 after the $300 cashback, the 52 inch f8 picture is brilliant especially with the 1013 firmware upgrade , leaves the 58 inch Sammy plasma picture for dead in my opinion and you dont have to worry about the LCD becoming less bright as it racks up the usage hrs

hdrocks: cheers, must have misread your post the first time. Had another look, NFI where I got the idea you were running VGA from :wacko:

Absolutely loving the F8, going to go get myself a 'free' HT-TX30 now. ($150 + $200 cashback, but the TX30 only costs $350).

-Nick

And at last Samsung have put a semi-decent remote with the new range. To a lot of people the remote is not that important, but now the buttons are spaced apart enough to use if you have large fingers. At least this is one confirmed improvement to the new samsung line-up!

Got mine last night cant fault the tv except the remote ITS UGLY!!!

Very happy with the picture, still need to tweak it a little but very impressed.

Only concern is that DVD's aren't all that great, is this due to the DVD or would something like a HDMI DVD player fix the problem?

In short

32" Series 4

I didn't notice much difference between the 4 and 5 series, only when i was really close, it wasnt enough to justify another few hundred. i stayed at 32" as i don't think it would look right in the room if it was any bigger.

Certainly a nice upgrade from my 19" LCD

Im not sure about posting pics so if its not allowed pls delete it, the whole things not set up yet still need some speaker stands and re do a few things. Plus everything is coming out of the room in a few weeks so it can be painted and re-aranged

excuse the quality of the phone camera.

image136dx0.jpg

BTW big thanks to Selby, last night as i walked up the front steps there was my hdmi cables, perfect timing :D

Edited by Jamie88

Hi All,

I am having issues with this TV when enabling xxYCC colour on the menue. I have an Oppor 983H and Pana BD30. They both support it and is enabled in all menus.

When I stop a DVD on the Oppo and then try and play again, the screen goes green over the action being played? I do not have this problem when xxYCC is set to off in the Samsung menu?

Anyone else have this problem or heard of it.

I would like to resolve this as I see a nice difference with xxYCC enabled

Hey guys have been watching this forum with much interest over the last couple of weeks looking for information on what to buy. My girlfriends father was in the game for a 50 inch plasma so this afternoon we went to Myer to check them out. He ended up buying the panasonic 50pz700 for 2950 with delivery and 3 year warranty. Myer's tag price was 2699. While we were there i spotted the new 6 series samsung which i was planning on buying thanks to information from here and the features. Looked really nice in the shop nice frame, although for $400 more i think the sony x series had a better picture but tag price was $2650. Ended up getting the 650 40 inch for $2250 which had a tag price of $2619 from Myer in Southland get delivery on Monday night.

Will fill you guys in when i get it monday.

All,

Samsung just launched a new range of LCD TV (series 4, 5 and 6). I saw the all series in oversea (Thailand and singapore). They look great especially

Series 6 (with 50,000 dynamic contrast ratio and response time 4 ms). Hopefully it wont take that long to arrive in here and problem free.

Detaisl of series 6 are

Resolution 1920 x 1080

Dynamic Contrast Ratio 50,000:1

Viewing Angle 178°/178° (H/V)

Response Time 4ms

DNIe™ DNIe Pro

AUDIO Sound Effect System SRS TruSurroud XT

Sound Output(RMS) 10W x 2

Input & Output(Side) HDMI 1

composite (AV) 1

S-Video 1

Headphone 1

Input & Output(Back) HDMI 3

composite (AV) 1

S-Video No

PC input (D-sub) 1

Component(Y/Pb/Pr) 2

Feature Picture-in-Picture 1 Tuner PIP

Dimension Set size (WXHXD) with stand 1276 x 866 x 326mm

Set size (WXHXD) without stand 1276 x 806 x 105mm

Package size (WXHXD) 1393 x 997 x 425mm

Weight Set weight with stand 34.8kg

Set weight without stand 29.3kg

Package weight 44.2kg

Input & Output(Back) RF Input 1

Component(Y/Pb/Pr) 2

S-Video No

Headphone No

Composite(AV) 1

HDMI 3

PC input (D-sub) 1

Video Monitor out, L/R 1

RS232C (for Service only) 1

Sony also introduced a new product range lcd (Full and HD) to compete with Sammy.

Cheers

Sony also introduced a new product range lcd (Full and HD) to compete with Sammy.

Cheers

These new sonys. What do you know about them.

There is word that there are new sonys lined up - a whole new set (S,V i think) as well as updates to the X and XBR series

I havnt been able to find model numbers for these new ones.

Normally if u can find the model number (for example the new sammys) u can go to international sites where they have already been released and check out the specs

Any info?