Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Owners Thread - Samsung New 4 , 5 & 6 Series Lcd Tv

I keep hearing the new models are to be released this month. Has anyone seen them yet?

My mate at HN has them on order but does not know when he is getting them. I am looking at upgrading my R7 to a 550 or 650 LCD

Would love to hear some first up impressions and where i can see one in the flesh

Saw them last week, they look pretty good.

World digital at burwood (sydney) and i think JB Hifi at maquarie

Saw them last week, they look pretty good.

World digital at burwood (sydney) and i think JB Hifi at maquarie

Never heard of it. Are they in Westfields?

have been to a few stores as well but haven't seen the new range of Samsung LCDs yet.

Never heard of it. Are they in Westfields?

Yeah top level Westfield Burwood, next to myer its between mod cons opposite easydvd

Edited by Jamie88

Yeah top level Westfield Burwood, next to myer its between mod cons opposite easydvd

Thanks dude. I will drop by to check them out and let you know what i think

Yeh saw the new 6 series with the rose red color frame 32" full hd.

Looks real nice.

Also saw the 5 series 40" full hd at $2399, jst looks like a F series frame type.

And at last Samsung have put a semi-decent remote with the new range. To a lot of people the remote is not that important, but now the buttons are spaced apart enough to use if you have large fingers. At least this is one confirmed improvement to the new samsung line-up!

Got mine last night cant fault the tv except the remote ITS UGLY!!!

Very happy with the picture, still need to tweak it a little but very impressed.

Only concern is that DVD's aren't all that great, is this due to the DVD or would something like a HDMI DVD player fix the problem?

yer jamie88.... what model and size did u end up getting ?

In short

32" Series 4

I didn't notice much difference between the 4 and 5 series, only when i was really close, it wasnt enough to justify another few hundred. i stayed at 32" as i don't think it would look right in the room if it was any bigger.

Certainly a nice upgrade from my 19" LCD

Im not sure about posting pics so if its not allowed pls delete it, the whole things not set up yet still need some speaker stands and re do a few things. Plus everything is coming out of the room in a few weeks so it can be painted and re-aranged

excuse the quality of the phone camera.

image136dx0.jpg

BTW big thanks to Selby, last night as i walked up the front steps there was my hdmi cables, perfect timing :D

Edited by Jamie88

Went to about 5 shops this morning and was told that the ETA on the 4 series was still 2 weeks :blink:

Is there anywhere in Melbourne that I can buy one now?

Hey guys have been watching this forum with much interest over the last couple of weeks looking for information on what to buy. My girlfriends father was in the game for a 50 inch plasma so this afternoon we went to Myer to check them out. He ended up buying the panasonic 50pz700 for 2950 with delivery and 3 year warranty. Myer's tag price was 2699. While we were there i spotted the new 6 series samsung which i was planning on buying thanks to information from here and the features. Looked really nice in the shop nice frame, although for $400 more i think the sony x series had a better picture but tag price was $2650. Ended up getting the 650 40 inch for $2250 which had a tag price of $2619 from Myer in Southland get delivery on Monday night.

Will fill you guys in when i get it monday.

Yes, definatly let us know your thoughts about it after using it. It will be good to finally get some user experiences on it!

Do you know if the 650 in australia has the USB port like overseas models do?

All,

Samsung just launched a new range of LCD TV (series 4, 5 and 6). I saw the all series in oversea (Thailand and singapore). They look great especially

Series 6 (with 50,000 dynamic contrast ratio and response time 4 ms). Hopefully it wont take that long to arrive in here and problem free.

Detaisl of series 6 are

Resolution 1920 x 1080

Dynamic Contrast Ratio 50,000:1

Viewing Angle 178°/178° (H/V)

Response Time 4ms

DNIe™ DNIe Pro

AUDIO Sound Effect System SRS TruSurroud XT

Sound Output(RMS) 10W x 2

Input & Output(Side) HDMI 1

composite (AV) 1

S-Video 1

Headphone 1

Input & Output(Back) HDMI 3

composite (AV) 1

S-Video No

PC input (D-sub) 1

Component(Y/Pb/Pr) 2

Feature Picture-in-Picture 1 Tuner PIP

Dimension Set size (WXHXD) with stand 1276 x 866 x 326mm

Set size (WXHXD) without stand 1276 x 806 x 105mm

Package size (WXHXD) 1393 x 997 x 425mm

Weight Set weight with stand 34.8kg

Set weight without stand 29.3kg

Package weight 44.2kg

Input & Output(Back) RF Input 1

Component(Y/Pb/Pr) 2

S-Video No

Headphone No

Composite(AV) 1

HDMI 3

PC input (D-sub) 1

Video Monitor out, L/R 1

RS232C (for Service only) 1

Sony also introduced a new product range lcd (Full and HD) to compete with Sammy.

Cheers

Sony also introduced a new product range lcd (Full and HD) to compete with Sammy.

Cheers

These new sonys. What do you know about them.

There is word that there are new sonys lined up - a whole new set (S,V i think) as well as updates to the X and XBR series

I havnt been able to find model numbers for these new ones.

Normally if u can find the model number (for example the new sammys) u can go to international sites where they have already been released and check out the specs

Any info?

The sony X and XBR new series wont be out till closer till end of year. The S and D series etc are being replaced and will be out soon.

Yes, but do we know any information about them?

I ask because I want to purchase a 46" lcd and need to decide weather to get the new sammy 6/7 series or the current sony X or wait for the new X's

Probably best to check www.avsforums.com or avforums.com who already have the new XBRs.

According to current.com.au the new high end sony won't be out till september (which is apparantly when the 7 series Samsung come out at as well).

If you want to buy now, I would go the 6 series over the current batch of X/XBR by a long shot.

If you want to wait till september, LG might have their LED backlit display as well :)

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

Ooo interesting

Yea I actually dont mind waiting a few months if that means I can get a tv with DLNA

Theres so much changing with LCDs right now.

Even sony and sammy have LED backlit lcds lined up, dunno when we get em though

time to play the waiting game

Yes, LCD is starting to catch up to Plasma in terms of colour anyway :) LED blacklit should further improve upon that. I don't know if the next gen of Sony hitting Australia near the end of the year is LED blacklit, but I know LG's one will be.

The Samsung 6 series is getting very good reviews overall. So probably the best around at the moment.

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

They're in Perth, I saw them at Myer Booragoon. Ticketed prices: LA40A550 $2069.10, LA40A650 $2519.10

The price on the new 40inch A550 is less than the price of the superseded F-series 40inch.

Not yet available at HN.

Samsung Series 4 & 5

http://gizmodo.com/341069/samsungs-lowly-l...-1080p-series-5

Samsung Series 6 & 7

http://gizmodo.com/341062/samsungs-high+en...but-no-leds-wtf

A friend of mine told me he just purchased the 32" Samsung Series 5 Full HD model (I assume the LN32A550P model) for $1200 (list price $1699) from Bing Lee in Hornsby Sydney. Is that a good price?

I was waiting for a 32" Full HD. Anything else is too big for the room. And it now looks like the time has finally come to buy. Anybody purchased the 32inch Full HD?

Its a pitty that Samsung haven't updated the specs on there web site to reflect the new LCD range.

Samsung series 6 Australian RRP

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/05/samsungs..._australia.html

Product information and 1 page PDF brocures on the Samsung series 4, 5, & 6 can be found here

http://www.ramtek.com.au/index.php?p=1_2

I'm fairly sure the series 5 in 32" would do me fine over the more expensive series 6

Edited by g12345567

They're in Perth, I saw them at Myer Booragoon

oh SNAP!

Watch out here i come