petetherock

Movies You Watched Recently And Felt Strongly About

If I walk into a scary house and I’m indeed scared, full of emotions, doesn’t mean the house is haunted.......

:)

10 hours ago, Sime said:

If I walk into a scary house and I’m indeed scared, full of emotions, doesn’t mean the house is haunted.......

:)

It doesn't mean it's not either, mua ha ha ha!!!

Stuber 

On the hand, this movie was quite unnecessary and I felt it was a bit draggy 

if someone was an eye surgeon I think he would be squirming and I guess only Uber will be happy with this show about a cop who corrals his Uber driver to fetch him around as he hunts down a criminal. He needs the driver who is a lot like the taxi driver from Deadpool, as he just had refractive surgery and can’t see well. 2/5

On 29/03/2019 at 4:08 PM, stevoz said:

That explains a lot! I actually think that most of the world's leading scientific researchers and genius's in general have Aspergers.....they are so focussed!

And in my experience, many top endurance athletes. Being on the spectrum often makes training to a set plan/power numbers comforting, as is the routine of long hours training solo. A friend of our family is undiagnosed but hates holidays away unless they are for a cycling event. Even on a recent holiday he had to disappear to the local gym for several hours each day, the power of routine and hitting his numbers is just too strong.

I've met Cadel Evans and to me he appears to be on the spectrum. To enjoy the solo hours of training takes a dedication and focus mere mortals are not capable of.

Edited by blybo

Joker

very thought provoking film. 
if someone / society cared would the character have emerged. If people were kinder, looking out for one another would the character have emerged. If his stepfather hadn’t molested him (his mother was complicit) and as he grew up so emotionally crippling him would the character have emerged?

JP played Arthur/Happy/Joker so well. 
Great script, good music in parts, well directed. 

8751F175-2424-4DEC-81D9-F695606761DE.jpeg

12 hours ago, frankn said:

Joker

very thought provoking film. 
if someone / society cared would the character have emerged. If people were kinder, looking out for one another would the character have emerged. If his stepfather hadn’t molested him (his mother was complicit) and as he grew up so emotionally crippling him would the character have emerged?

JP played Arthur/Happy/Joker so well. 
Great script, good music in parts, well directed. 

8751F175-2424-4DEC-81D9-F695606761DE.jpeg

Yes I really enjoyed it, made me squirm in some parts and was a more complex and 'modernised' joker with a mental health twist, easy to pull off as the mental hospital has always loomed in the Gotham background. I like the more sinister and traditional joker of Ledgers more but as a stand alone story/movie, this was fantastically dark and thoroughly enjoyable for me.

Hellboy 2019

Sigh... now why do they need to remake this.....

The positives:

The new one has solid CGI, the lead really tries to be the Hellboy and the action sequences aren't half bad. The BR disc is likely to be a demo disc, but...

The bad:

Well, they lack one big thing... the story... the old Dr Broom had emotion, he connected with his son, and the son had issues, and we emphatise with him. He even had typical youth issues, with boy girl problems, being a bum, and making his home a mess, and yes, even issues with using his powers. The monsters and action were the icing on the cake, the cast worked well together there, whereas here, it's hard to connect with this lot.

2/5 

Grab the BR disc for a spin when it ends up in the sale bin... 

13 minutes ago, petetherock said:

... the story...

Hollywood have forgotten what this is. 

Cold Pursuit 7/10

Not your typical Liam Neeson movie with a fair bit of dark humour

I knew there will be lots of comment about Joker!

I want to recommend Green book - it creates such a positive effect, I'm more than impressed