Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

Movies You Watched Recently And Felt Strongly About

Horror time

I saved up a whole heap of horror type movies for this weekend so here is my very quick review on the lot.

Day of the dead - 2 out of 5. Im a big fan of the dawn movies and although I didnt think this would be as good, I heard it was still a classic. The movie took forever to get going and hence was generally boring. Only at the end did we see some zombie hunting. Very dissapointing.

Disturbia - 3 out of 5. More a teen flick ( I wasnt expecting this) and had no twists and turns but was very predictable. Entertaining but not much else.

Wolf Creek - 3.5 out of 5. I had big expectations for this one after the hype. Maybe I was already desensitised by the other movies but I didnt find this as disturbing or shocking as what I was told. Never the less it was quite entertaining for a low budget movie. Some great shots of the outback. SA of course. ;)

Hostel 2 - 3.5 out of 5. A bit of a surprise packet for me as this movie was widely condemned. Athough it follows the same theme as number 1 it still twists a bit at the end and I found it quite enjoyable.

Planet Terror - 4.5 out of 5. A great movie from the Grindhouse series. Hot girls, guns and lots of blood. A fun movie and great entertainment. I nearly gave it a 5 but that would be perfection.

Death Proof - 4.5 out of 5. The other Grindhouse offering and again excellent. I didnt know were this one was going but it ended up being excellent. My only gripe stopping it getting a 5 was the scenes with both groups on girls went on and on and on with them babbling on. The near 2 hour movie could have been cut down taking out that rubbish.

The Devils Rejects - 4 out of 5. The follow up to house of a 100o corpses and very good. These were the only characters out of all the movies that gave me the creeps. Well done to Zombie. A just ending to the movie also.

Snakes on a Plane - 3.5 out of 5. A bit of fun and something different. Not a classic but entertaining.

Edited by The D-train

Good list D-train, have to agree with Death Proof & Planet Terror both excellent, thought Rose McGowan's gun leg was a cracker :D

Good list D-train, have to agree with Death Proof & Planet Terror both excellent, thought Rose McGowan's gun leg was a cracker :D

Yeah it was a real goody mate. Where do these blokes come up with this stuff. Guess thats why Rodriguez and tarantino get paid the big bucks.

Just did

The Thing

Sort of like a pre Alien show ....

Kurt Russel can actually act...

Plot: Usually Alien lands and kills every one, a soul a time, plus some special effects circa 80s thrown in.... still pretty effective 4/5

Action: weak by Alien standards, but enjoyable 3.5/5

No chicks....

Rent buy or forget it: Not bad for a winter night.... nice to see the snow and not feel the cold...

i liked this scene when she gets on the motorbike with rose.

Cherry Darling: I'm Cherry.

Dr. Dakota Block: You sure are.

i liked this scene when she gets on the motorbike with rose.

Cherry Darling: I'm Cherry.

Dr. Dakota Block: You sure are.

Two very ugly women on a motorbike...... :P

I know why I loved this movie ;)

I am Legand

I thought this film was captivating, will smith's acting was as good as usual and his portrayal of someone slowly losing his mind and talking to the store dummies was uncomfortably mesmeric, the ending as stated before was the bad point, though I have heard since they made an alternate ending. 4/5

Capote

Opposite to the above film the start of this was irritating to the extreme, that high pitched camp voice was worth persevering with however as Philip Seymour Hoffman gives a deserved Oscar winning performance and those of you not familiar with the book will love how the film gently uncovers the 'what really happened' of a true mass murder. 5/5

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

I don't know why I sat through it, its Harrison Ford trying to become a elderly aged pension action star, this film was predictable, bad writing and very poor ending 's 1/5

Iron Man

Same as the above a middle aged man that can't get over the ego of being cool for the kiddies, this one wasn't interesting at all, we've seen it all before 1/5

Edited by Swish

Horror time

Day of the dead - 2 out of 5. Im a big fan of the dawn movies and although I didnt think this would be as good, I heard it was still a classic. The movie took forever to get going and hence was generally boring. Only at the end did we see some zombie hunting. Very dissapointing.

I beg to differ.

This is still a Romero classic, the gore was brilliant and the beginning is artistic. It was near Dawn and better than Night. 4.5/5

Edited by Swish