Sign in to follow this  
coruphius

Technics SA-TX50 on the brink

Wow new layout! anywho, on topic now....

I have a very nice Technics THX receiver dolby pro-logic, nothin fancy like todays but very nice vintage equipment that ill keep forever, but i have had this problem since i bought it off ebay, got it for 500 so im happy, but anywho, it randomly overloads when i turn it on or when in operation, i have posted a video of what it does. i just want to know if there is any place on the mornington peninsula that i can get this beauty of an amp to get serviced and have a look at?? other than that it works fine and sounds beautifully and i wouldnt depart from it. even the slightest tap on the receiver sets it off too. i think there maybe a short in the front panel somewhere, i pulled it apart to take a look and i coudnt find anything but just sexy insides lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDBxNhiU5c

well, might have some light on the subject, got a friend who is going to check the amp out soon and thinks it may be something wrong with the relays or a dry circuit