Sign in to follow this  
mantronic

Hold Off Lcd Purchases Imo ... Samsung 650 9 June

What TV are you referring?

The 40" Samsung A650 LCD

The 40" Samsung A650 LCD

Do you find anything wrong with your TV?

This model is just released this month, so if there was any firmware update, it would have been done either in the factory of origin or in Samsung Aust before it got delivered to the dealer.

What is the manufacture date shown in the unit? You can compare the date of the manufacture date vs. the date of issue of the firmware update that you've seen (or heard). If the date of the update is earlier than the date of manufacture, then you would have the latest firmware in your TV.

I would suggest to avoid using firmware update specially if the particular update is not for the specific model that you have.

I am not in front of the unit, but I wanted the latest firmware as apparently the newly released US firmware required recalibration of video settings, and I don't want to do this multiple times.

I am not in front of the unit, but I wanted the latest firmware as apparently the newly released US firmware required recalibration of video settings, and I don't want to do this multiple times.

You should be able to check the version of your panel's firmware in the "Information" menu.

Well, i know that my version's firmware is 1xxx and the current one in the US is 2xxx.

Well, i know that my version's firmware is 1xxx and the current one in the US is 2xxx.

If there is nothing wrong with your TV, hold off until a proper firmware update is released by Samsung Australia (that is, if there is one for your model). Unless you want to risk the inconvenience of getting support for a messed up TV just to see in your panel that you firmware is Version 2xxxx. It could be that the firmware issued in the US is specifically released to fix an issue that is only prevalent in the US.

If there is nothing wrong with your TV, hold off until a proper firmware update is released by Samsung Australia (that is, if there is one for your model). Unless you want to risk the inconvenience of getting support for a messed up TV just to see in your panel that you firmware is Version 2xxxx. It could be that the firmware issued in the US is specifically released to fix an issue that is only prevalent in the US.

I agree...until something comes up in the firmware section under the relevant section for your tv model in the AU sammy site...you shouldnt

If theres nothing there...it also means nothing is wrong with your tv that needs updating

You'v got the best LCD on the market...be happy! :D

That is...untill i get my 7 series

muahahaha

Hi all, I just went in to Bing Lee in Wollongong and the rep there gave me a demo on the 46 A650. He had the 52 A650 in stock too, but not hooked up to a Blu-ray player. Seemed to know what he was talking about which was refreshing. Very nice panel.

Not sure if this is known on the boards. He mentioned that next month, all Samsung panels over 40 inches will include a redemption for a free Blu-ray player :)

I just can't wait for my tax return!!

Edited by brendanz

I just was quoted $2870 for a LA46A650 with the BLU RAY PLayer (Samsung promotion), HDMI Cables, standard Audio cables (Old Amp, wont be updated for another 12 months) and Delivery. Good guys at DFO Essendon. What do you think about that?

Edited by Doonks

I just was quoted $2870 for a LA46A650 with the BLU RAY PLayer (Samsung promotion), HDMI Cables, standard Audio cables (Old Amp, wont be updated for another 12 months) and Delivery. Good guys at DFO Essendon. What do you think about that?

I purchased, but the asshole at DFO Essendon burnt me and wouldn't honour the phone quote. So I went to Good Guys at Dandenong and got :

LA46A650 - $2740

v1.3 HDMI - $30

additonal 2 yr warranty (5 in total) - $209

Delivery - $30

Total - $3009 and the free Blu-Ray Player (if the damn site ever will work) to boot !