Sign in to follow this  
mantronic

Hold Off Lcd Purchases Imo ... Samsung 650 9 June

Cnet.com.au said the 7 series is out in september. The 6 series is more rounded, and very very very shiny. The base is also round.

Yeah I'll be waiting for the 7 series to come out in September as well and there better be some cashback or similar promotion happening because I can't wait any more (till after xmas in early jan by when another lot of models will be announced and then I 'll hesitate again).

It's been years now of waiting it out and the TVs are finally starting to look good enough for me to watch and not complain too much on SD broadcasts. Hope they don't wait till end september too !

Cant wait

Altho WA prob wont get it till 2058 september :unsure:

They're in Perth (5&6 series), check your nearest Myer store.

Edited by beejay76

They're in Perth (5&6 series), check your nearest Myer store.

SawEET

Now all they need is the 7 series

I wonder if i'll get a prize for being th first to buy a 7 series in perth (or atleast attempting he he he)

Shotgun!

oh btw:

Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread - AVS Forum

good stuff there

i think it was on that page i saw some review company did some tests n found the light emmited from the screen when its blank is 0.013 where the kuro is 0.012 :o

plus th 7 has a "subwoofer" (gotta love companys putting small speakers in tvs and calling em woofers)

doof doof

Edited by Rajat

I can't actually see the benefit of the 7 series. From all the stuff about it, the picture quality is pretty much identical. You loose a pivoting stand, but you gain video streaming that heaps of audio devices can do externally anyway. I suppose you're just paying more to have things integrated into the TV,

I can't actually see the benefit of the 7 series. From all the stuff about it, the picture quality is pretty much identical. You loose a pivoting stand, but you gain video streaming that heaps of audio devices can do externally anyway. I suppose you're just paying more to have things integrated into the TV,

series 6 has the reflection while the series 7 has the occasional glow on the edges which looks good to some people, some don't care and some don't like it, I much prefer it to the extra reflecting...

EDIT: ou yeah and 16bit processor vs a 12bit one on the 6 series ;)

Edited by Icy

series 6 has the reflection while the series 7 has the occasional glow on the edges which looks good to some people, some don't care and some don't like it, I much prefer it to the extra reflecting...

EDIT: ou yeah and 16bit processor vs a 12bit one on the 6 series ;)

Both screens have the ultra clear panel coating.. causing reflection... :(

Both screens have the ultra clear panel coating.. causing reflection... :(

Yea thats what i thought too...both are supposed to be shiny

For me personally, I am so gaga over the 7 series coz of two things (mainly)

- ability to stream (i have nothing else in my house that can stream stuff from my comp to a screen)

- ability to play video over usb (i have a philips dvd player and the sony 160gb burner but neither plays video over usb, given th philips doesnt even have usb, or for that matter neither plays H264)

Without these two features, the new samsung has nothing special really, just another lcd with better quality.

Admittedly if u have a seperate media streamer it makes these features pointless, but for those taht dont, they are handy

And never the less, ability to use usb as a video source is a plus

I rekon H264 is gonna be the next major format, just like DivX is now, so might as well be prepared

The PQ will be exactly the same, despite the difference in the afore mentioned video processing. I think the 7 has higher bit processing due to its support for computer formats

I think samsung market the 7 series as a more premium product, as can be seen by the styling differences, which might be relfected in the price. Hopefully this wont be too much

Yea thats what i thought too...both are supposed to be shiny

For me personally, I am so gaga over the 7 series coz of two things (mainly)

- ability to stream (i have nothing else in my house that can stream stuff from my comp to a screen)

- ability to play video over usb (i have a philips dvd player and the sony 160gb burner but neither plays video over usb, given th philips doesnt even have usb, or for that matter neither plays H264)

Without these two features, the new samsung has nothing special really, just another lcd with better quality.

Admittedly if u have a seperate media streamer it makes these features pointless, but for those taht dont, they are handy

And never the less, ability to use usb as a video source is a plus

I rekon H264 is gonna be the next major format, just like DivX is now, so might as well be prepared

The PQ will be exactly the same, despite the difference in the afore mentioned video processing. I think the 7 has higher bit processing due to its support for computer formats

I think samsung market the 7 series as a more premium product, as can be seen by the styling differences, which might be relfected in the price. Hopefully this wont be too much

Yes, the belief tends to be that the extra processing is related to the streaming, divx etc etc - according to AVS, AV forum etc.

It depends on your use. I currently have a DVD player that does Divx (LG) perfectly via USB (albeit not ethernet/wireless) and xbox/ps3 all do DLNA streaming plus you get a blueray player with the ps3. You can also build yourself a media pc which I may do eventually - which will also do the same thing. There is other devices that do it as well.

For that reason, if the series 7 is MUCH more expensive I don't think it will be worth it. If a bit more, definatly go for it - keep an eye on the halo issue people are apparantly talking about on avsforums though. Both are very much premium products imho.

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

For that reason, if the series 7 is MUCH more expensive I don't think it will be worth it. If a bit more, definatly go for it - keep an eye on the halo issue people are apparantly talking about on avsforums though. Both are very much premium products imho.

Haha thats actually something that i rekon id think is cool

think about it

ur tv has this ring around it n lights up

BLING!!

haha...na my house wud never be dark enough for me notice anyway haha

thats what u get for living in a solarium :P

Where :huh:

I cannot find them.

Hi Duke

Go to the Samsung Support page, then 'Download Center', then 'Search By Product Catergory, then 'Television', then 'LCD TV', the remaining dropdown list will contain the various 4 - 6 series TVs

Gooseman

Hey, thinking of buying a 46" 6 series, does it have the Hd Tick Certification Mark?

Not all TVs have it because there are too many models and especially with new models coming out, it's hard to tell.

It doesn't matter if it has the mark because that sticker means absolutely nothing. As long as you buy a TV from a big brand, it's going to work with all broadcasts in Australia. If it freezes up, they have to fix it at their expense.

Go to the Samsung Support page, then 'Download Center', then 'Search By Product Catergory, then 'Television', then 'LCD TV', the remaining dropdown list will contain the various 4 - 6 series TVs

I get "Sorry... No download contents for XXXX" message for 6 series.

Samsung

What's the difference between LA40A650A1F and LA40A650A1R again? is it 100Hz or just the colour of it?

I would also like to know this :D

What's the difference between LA40A650A1F and LA40A650A1R again? is it 100Hz or just the colour of it?

I do not think there is any difference between this model numbers except for the letter "F" is for Australia and "R" is for Asian countries.

It's unfortunate that Samsung OZ is very slow in updating their website that it is the only country in the world which does not have the full spec of the 4 - 6 series.

If you look on all other Samsung sites around the world they have full spec of the same or equivalent models (ex: USA/Canada - LN40A650, Asia (Malaysia/Phils,etc)- LA40A650A1R)

That's why OZ is sometimes referred to as the **S OF THE WORLD - we are always the last one to know.

Website has been updated

Incase anybody cares, I confirmed from owners of the 7 series over in the us on avsforums that the tv DOES passthrough 5.1 to optical from USB/DLNA

Sweet

Website has been updated

Incase anybody cares, I confirmed from owners of the 7 series over in the us on avsforums that the tv DOES passthrough 5.1 to optical from USB/DLNA

Sweet

The 6 series does not?

The 6 series does not?

Well, the 6 doesnt play videos at all...so nothing to pass through, Dont know how much multichannel music there is out there...

If you are reffering to FTA HDTV then yes all LCDs (as far as I know) do

The issue was 5.1 passthrough from HDMI (which none on the market do)

and

5.1 passthrough from videos played (which only the 7 series is capable of I believe)

Samsung if your reading this, release the 7 already, Im waiting

lol

can I just confirm: have there been any firmware updates for our TVs. I know some have come out in the US and UK, but I'm afraid of updating using those firmwares

can I just confirm: have there been any firmware updates for our TVs. I know some have come out in the US and UK, but I'm afraid of updating using those firmwares

What TV are you referring?