Sign in to follow this  
mantronic

Hold Off Lcd Purchases Imo ... Samsung 650 9 June

Myer just quoted me this delivery date. It may be optimistic but with better motion handling than sony x according to cnet, claimed 4ms panel etc etc its worth a look.

Myers opening prices are ......

$3499 46 inch

$4499 52 inch

Should have lots of room to fall in a few months ... and should shake up the other brands a little.

Myer's opening prices are the RRP as quoted by Samsung. The street price of the TVs after the initial boom of 4 weeks should be around $2600 for the 46" and $3500 for the 52".

Hmmmmmmmmm thats a big price drop, do you really think it would drop 1k in 4 weeks ??. Im actually after a 50 or 52inch screen (still cant decide between plasma and LCD). I do like this new range, but geeze its a pricey entry price considering the current price drops around the place.

Myer's opening prices are the RRP as quoted by Samsung. The street price of the TVs after the initial boom of 4 weeks should be around $2600 for the 46" and $3500 for the 52".

Thats really cheap ... cheaper than the F!

Even the salesman was shocked at the opening price when he called it up.

Now if only I can like the red bezel!

Thats really cheap ... cheaper than the F!

Even the salesman was shocked at the opening price when he called it up.

Not really. Even the 46" F8 had collapsed to $2700 from opening highs of $3400 in around 6 weeks' time.

i look forward to seeing how this compares to the sony lcd's

i went into JB Hifi last night and was asking about the M81, the sales guy showed me his price sheet and it was $4162 for the 52" A650 and he said they should be in in a couple of weeks. still no LED backlighting to reach australia though :-(

been waiting for these new samsungs for a while now

going to be getting:

46" series 6 for the lounge room

32" series 5 (maybe 4, don't think i need 1080p there) for the bedroom

going to try and get the price down as much as possible, but if i can't i guess i will be waiting a few more weeks for the price to drop anyway

Digital Center has put up some prices right now for the 32" and 40" LCD and 42"/50" plasma models. Others should be coming soon. They're only slightly more expensive as compared to the current models and no doubt will be cheaper after a few weeks.

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/

I just looked at the digital center Samsung LCDs.

The 40" is HD not Full HD, 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 6ms. The increase over it's previous model (R series) seems minimal, though so is the price difference. Am I missing something?

I thought the new range was all 1080p.

I just looked at the digital center Samsung LCDs.

The 40" is HD not Full HD, 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 6ms. The increase over it's previous model (R series) seems minimal, though so is the price difference. Am I missing something?

I thought the new range was all 1080p.

Which series Samsung did you mention above?? the N, M, and the F is full hd, whereas the R is not.

I dont know that much about the new range yet, but i can be certain that the 610, 650, and 750 series is full hd. 550 most likely, 450 probably not.. if anyone else knows better, please feel free to correct me :)

I dont know that much about the new range yet, but i can be certain that the 610, 650, and 750 series is full hd. 550 most likely, 450 probably not.. if anyone else knows better, please feel free to correct me :)

You're right, the 410 and 450 are plain-HD. The Full HD 550 series has not been launched in all sizes yet. Digital Center has listed the 32" Full HD 550 and the others will follow in the next few weeks.

Myer just quoted me this delivery date. It may be optimistic but with better motion handling than sony x according to cnet, claimed 4ms panel etc etc its worth a look.

Myers opening prices are ......

$3499 46 inch

$4499 52 inch

Should have lots of room to fall in a few months ... and should shake up the other brands a little.

Just checked it out on Samsung website, I hope you can turn off that red light around the bezel.....looks like there was an explosion behind the tv....

Just checked it out on Samsung website, I hope you can turn off that red light around the bezel.....looks like there was an explosion behind the tv....

it's not a light, the red is in the glass

it's not a light, the red is in the glass

You're right, and from reports I've heard, its a lot more subtle than it appears in the publicity shots.

I think it looks very cool!

You're right, and from reports I've heard, its a lot more subtle than it appears in the publicity shots.

I think it looks very cool!

I dunno....I hope so though, I will have to check it out in person once they are on the shelves, those shots of it on the website look terrible (as in it looks like it would really interfere with your viewing).....

I dunno....I hope so though, I will have to check it out in person once they are on the shelves, those shots of it on the website look terrible (as in it looks like it would really interfere with your viewing).....

I thought the best sony x was the one with the red bezel so its going to be a matter of taste. I just hate the piano shiny finish.

I thought the best sony x was the one with the red bezel so its going to be a matter of taste. I just hate the piano shiny finish.

Yeah same, I'm not a fan of the gloss black either. Thats why I like the red in it.

Seems we have no choice but to have the gloss these days, so with a splash of color I think it is ALMOST acceptable to me now ;)

Wags

Edited by Wags

guys... i might have a confirmation on prices of the samsung 40" 650 - myers told me that $2799 is their rrp, and they will be available mid-late june. that sound like a good deal? the sales guy told me that it might not be the final price, but i saw this listing on the computer there itself :)

that would mean that the F8 would drop a few hundred as well, no?

Have been waiting for these new Samsung LCD TVs so can make a choice.

Does anyone know if there would be some special promo with the new LCD TVs? like cash back or free LCD TVs?

Anyone got an opinion on what Austar looks like on these?

Especially sports like NRL and cricket.

Bump. Anyone?

I don't think the TV's are out yet, so its pretty difficult to say. From all the reviews around the net, it seems like its a a very very good LCD, perhaps one of the best.

However, it appears to be having a few problems as well with the earlier firmware. Bluring, motion problems etc.

However, it appears to be having a few problems as well with the earlier firmware. Bluring, motion problems etc.

This is the same old motion flow issue that plagued the Samsung F8. It means they still haven't fixed it and the fault lies in Samsung's electronics, not the panel.

Is it a Scarlet killer ? Yes but not because the Sammy A650 is very good. It's because LG's reputation has been tarnished by last year's frozen tuner disasters, build quality issues and some pretty ordinary models. People will avoid LG even if the Scarlet is reasonably good.

LG has shot the Scarlet in the face by putting a big bullet hole on the bezel, which is also going to put off several buyers.