Sign in to follow this  
FeZZa

Owners Thread - Lg 42/47lg60fd Scarlet Lcd Tv

Sorted out having TruMotion (and Real Cinema mode) always turned off by modifying the Expert 1 setting to taste. The TV remembers and sticks to this setting between power cycles, so all good. The same can't be said for the aspect ratio though, it always defaults back to 16:9 when I really want Just Scan. It's 2 seconds with the Q Mode button, but still....

Working on it, I'm sure there is an answer out there somewhere.

Cheers,

Paul.

Just got my 52LG70YD yesterday and it's fantastic :)

pmacleod have you made any progress in keeping it retain it's aspect ratio?

Not as yet, I have just programmed my brain to hit the Q-Mode button and flick left once for Just Scan every time I turn on the TV and home-theater PC :(

Hello everyone.

I am looking at buying the 42LG70YD model. I cant seem to find much information on the web and it is not sold by many retailers.

Anyway I was wondering what is a fair price to pay for this unit at the moment? I am looking to buy tomorrow or in the next few days as I believe prices are heading up in Jan. Any ideas???

Cheers!

Dunno what a fair price is, it seems nobody is pushing it at the moment and I can;t even find an RRP for it on LG's web site (I didn't look THAT hard though.)

I paid $2700 for the 47LG70YD at the start of the month, to give you some kind of reference point. Very happy with the 70 series so far, I'd say the 42" would be more of the same as it is practically identical barring screen size. It wasn't a red-hot price, but bear in mind that for purchases pre 31 December you qualify for the free 26" LCD (26LG30D) by redemption...makes that new big telly SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper if you flog that off on eBay. It's RRP is $949 so you should get some decent money for it.

https://lg.campaign.net.au/FullHDTVBonus/

Not sure if that helps, but hope so. Good luck :)

Cheers,

Paul.

We bought the 42LG70YD from Bing Lee yesterday for $2100 including the 66cm tv via redemption. Bing Lee are waiting for stock to come into the warehouse so we have to wait but it seems like a great deal to me.

Does somebody know if the LG61/65/70 supports 480i/576i over HDMI? The user manual states it can't do it.

Have been looking at 42LG50FD and 42LG70YD can anyone tell me the difference besides the 100Hz. What's the XD Engine?? :wacko:

What about xvYCC and Deep Color? Is it supported? I can't find any information regarding xvYCC and Deep Color in the user manuals for the LG65.

I have purchased a 47LG70YD, quick question.

When i turn it on and it's a blank screen, no picture to be displayed, it has a bright glow from the bottom left hand corner it radiates say 10cm. Under that corner 2" away is my Blu RAy player (not turned on).

When a picture appears i don't notice the brightness in the corner, is it an issue?

Thanks.

Had an interesting experience trying to buy a 47LG70YD from DJ's. They have it for $2497 and 3 years interest free. I did a bit of research on what to get and decided on this model. Went to DJ's and the first guy I spoke to tried to get me to buy a Sony instead even though my mind was pretty much made up. Spoke to another salesman and got the purchase set and ready to go. Deal done... right? Wrong. He called me up this morning to say they were out of stock and couldn't get any more from LG. LG was no longer manufacturing / shipping that model.

Can anyone confirm or deny??

You would be best served contacting LG I think. When we bought our 42lg70yd- which we are waiting on - we were told that Bing Lee had an order for over 100 units from LG and they were just waiting on them to arrive at their warehouse. That was on 28th December. We have sent away the redemption form for the 66cm TV and that all seems to be in order so I can't see why they would stop that model.

Hi all,

new owner of a 42LG60 and am the loving the quality of the set. However when I first tuned it in I received all channels no problems whatsoever, yet the next day 9 digital and 9HD both had no signal and when I retuned the set they dont even show up in the channel list as if they dont exist anymore. have contacted LG about this and they cant explain it, any ideas?

Live in block with around 15 apartments in Joondanna, North Perth, all other channels are fine as was 9 and 9HD when it was working!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Jea123,

I contacted LG today about the delivery date on our 42lg70yd and they said 3 weeks so I can't see why the 47 inch version would not be available also

Not as yet, I have just programmed my brain to hit the Q-Mode button and flick left once for Just Scan every time I turn on the TV and home-theater PC :(

On further investigation, I have found it's something the video card is doing at POST...so more than likely it's specific to me. How lucky am I ? :)

Hi all

First time post here so sorry if I am being stupid! :huh:

How do I get to / change the 10 point IRE calibration settings on my LG4261YD?

I have been through all the settings in Expert mode and cannot see even a mention of these, nor in the manual.

I really want to set it up as best as possible and most of the recommended settings I can find on the net use this 10 point IRE settings.

Thanks

Siddo

Siddo, you might find some useful settings in here :-

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....925&page=19

HTH, look back for HomieDaClown's settings much earlier in the thread (sorry, don't know which page off the top of my head)

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks I have seen his settings before (page 10 BTW).

That is what I'm talking about, he says

"Method: 10 point IRE

-- 10 point IRE calibration

IRE: [Red, Green, Blue results, respectively, for each IRE point]

100 [19, 43, -50]

90 [28, 37, -50]

80 [17, 26, -50]

70 [4, 7, -50]

60 [-1, 0, -50]

50 [0, 4, -38]

40 [-1, 3, -32]

30 [-1, 1, -21]

20 [4, 9, -13]

10 [0, 0, -29]"

Where do I find these settings / adjustments??

Thanks

Siddo

A bit of Google :-

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1038908

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...02220733AAO6UDt

Basically it's in the service mode somewhere, and in that LG owners thread on AVS I'm sure I have seen something about how to get into that. It's definitely NOT in the standard config screens. If you can't find the answer, PM HomieDaClown and he will give you the answer. He seems like a pretty helpful bloke.

When you figure out how to get into the service menu, let me know...I should really do this on my set in the near future :)

Cheers,

Paul.

A bit of Google :-

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1038908

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...02220733AAO6UDt

Basically it's in the service mode somewhere, and in that LG owners thread on AVS I'm sure I have seen something about how to get into that. It's definitely NOT in the standard config screens. If you can't find the answer, PM HomieDaClown and he will give you the answer. He seems like a pretty helpful bloke.

When you figure out how to get into the service menu, let me know...I should really do this on my set in the near future :)

Cheers,

Paul.

I worked it out with a bit of educated guessing, (press the tv button on the remote till it lights up, then press Menu on both the remote and set at the same time and hold them down for about 5secs)

Cant see anything in this menu to allow me to change these settings though. I will have to join the other forum and ask HomieDaClown then.

Siddo

We got the phone call this morning, our 42lg70yd has arrived at the store. Very excited :D

Have had the TV for a couple of days now. It is fantastic. The difference between standard analogue CRT and full HD LCD is mind blowing. Very very happy :D:D:D:D

Surprisingly, I have made progress on this just now. It's completely counter-intuitive and makes no sense at all but as it sorts the issue I'm not going to let that bother me at all :D

I was fiddling with labels on the inputs via the OSD and for convenience for others using my setup I labelled HDM1-1 as PC, HDMI-2 as Blu-Ray, AV-2 as Game for the old PS2 etc. Anyway, after I did that and moved between the inputs to test I noticed I could no longer select Just Scan on HDMI-1 with the PC. 16:9 and 4:3 were the only options, BUT the overscan I had with 16:9 mode before was gone ! It's done a full pixel-map for 1920x1080 perfectly, like it should and like it did previously in Just Scan mode.

Terebro, want to give this a go on your 52 and let us know how it works out ?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hey guys, I've been looking at the 47LG70YD and the 52LG70YD but have been tempted by the TH-50PZ80A Panasonic cos of the blu ray promotion. What do you guys reckon?

Cheers,

Loz

Depends on what you watch Lozza. Fast-moving stuff will still be a little better on plasma (which the Panasonic is) compared to LCD, but the gap has closed a lot with the current generation LCD screens like the LG. Same-same for black levels, LCD's are catching up, not there yet but getting closer. On the negative side for plasma they get dimmer as time goes on (worse than LCD) and it's a technological dead-end. LCD is the future, even if backlighting tech changes.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a plasma. The bonus BD player makes it a little more compelling, it's a Pana BD-35 which is a pretty damn good Blu-ray player and I own one myself. Still....I wouldn't unless the deal was stupid-hot.

Cheers,

Paul.