Owners Thread - Lg 42/47lg60fd Scarlet Lcd Tv

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Just got my 52LG70YD yesterday and it's fantastic :)

pmacleod have you made any progress in keeping it retain it's aspect ratio?

Surprisingly, I have made progress on this just now. It's completely counter-intuitive and makes no sense at all but as it sorts the issue I'm not going to let that bother me at all :D

I was fiddling with labels on the inputs via the OSD and for convenience for others using my setup I labelled HDM1-1 as PC, HDMI-2 as Blu-Ray, AV-2 as Game for the old PS2 etc. Anyway, after I did that and moved between the inputs to test I noticed I could no longer select Just Scan on HDMI-1 with the PC. 16:9 and 4:3 were the only options, BUT the overscan I had with 16:9 mode before was gone ! It's done a full pixel-map for 1920x1080 perfectly, like it should and like it did previously in Just Scan mode.

Terebro, want to give this a go on your 52 and let us know how it works out ?

Cheers,

Paul.

• 1 month later...

Depends on what you watch Lozza. Fast-moving stuff will still be a little better on plasma (which the Panasonic is) compared to LCD, but the gap has closed a lot with the current generation LCD screens like the LG. Same-same for black levels, LCD's are catching up, not there yet but getting closer. On the negative side for plasma they get dimmer as time goes on (worse than LCD) and it's a technological dead-end. LCD is the future, even if backlighting tech changes.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a plasma. The bonus BD player makes it a little more compelling, it's a Pana BD-35 which is a pretty damn good Blu-ray player and I own one myself. Still....I wouldn't unless the deal was stupid-hot.

Cheers,

Paul.

• 1 year later...