Owners Thread - Lg 42/47lg60fd Scarlet Lcd Tv

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're very similar spec wise..

A few $100 cheaper though.. I guess it's the 'appeal' of the scarlet range that they're aiming for. Not only that, but the 100hz Blue Scarlet range will be the Super Slim range.

SuFz :ninja:

They're very similar spec wise..

A few $100 cheaper though.. I guess it's the 'appeal' of the scarlet range that they're aiming for. Not only that, but the 100hz Blue Scarlet range will be the Super Slim range.

I hope their picture quality is identical and the price difference is the design and super slim factor. Although you may not know, how many months do you think the 70yd are off?

Hi

I'm currently based in the Middle East but will be returning to Perth in the next two weeks. They have just launched the LG Scarlett (32 inch) here for roughly AUD $1100. How does that compare to the prices in perth and who would be a good retailer to contact on this. Any advice or suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Hi

I'm currently based in the Middle East but will be returning to Perth in the next two weeks. They have just launched the LG Scarlett (32 inch) here for roughly AUD $1100. How does that compare to the prices in perth and who would be a good retailer to contact on this. Any advice or suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Retail Price is $1399

But they're all over the show for around the 11/1200 dollar mark..

If you can get them to around the 900 mark.. You'd be laughing all the way to the bank!

The scarlet come in redback which below 42" are non 1080p. Blue coloured back is 1080p + super slim + 100hz.

Thanks for the info. Was considering getting LG scarlet LCD but now there is another version. Haven't seen any blue back range of LG LCD TVs yet though.

Thanks for the info. Was considering getting LG scarlet LCD but now there is another version. Haven't seen any blue back range of LG LCD TVs yet though.

They aren't yet available for a while. I'm not 100% sure when they will be around, as they aren't yet in Australia. Some retailers may have them through early shipment etc. But I'm yet to find any..

They aren't yet available for a while. I'm not 100% sure when they will be around, as they aren't yet in Australia. Some retailers may have them through early shipment etc. But I'm yet to find any..

I know some retailers actually have the model on their screen with pricing etc, so I can assume they can't be that far off!

Yeah, the blueback is this one - http://au.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv..._42lg61yd.jhtml

If you aren't a fan of the scarlet range in general, there is also the LG70YD which im talking to SuFz about. These from what we can assume have similar specs to the blueback, but a typical design. We are not sure when they will be available though.

Edited by Pleasure Paulie

I know some retailers actually have the model on their screen with pricing etc, so I can assume they can't be that far off!

Yeah, the blueback is this one - http://au.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv..._42lg61yd.jhtml

If you aren't a fan of the scarlet range in general, there is also the LG70YD which im talking to SuFz about. These from what we can assume have similar specs to the blueback, but a typical design. We are not sure when they will be available though.

Yeah.. LG actually have a backlog of orders and are struggling to keep up! The 70 series is supposedly set to drop end of this month, which is very hopeful! I'd be looking to July to be getting all the LG models.

The blueback scarlet was available through 1st round orders, which were very limited. They didn't send ours - which kinda 'stooged' us. But all is well, the are coming soon (Hopefully!)

Yeah.. LG actually have a backlog of orders and are struggling to keep up! The 70 series is supposedly set to drop end of this month, which is very hopeful! I'd be looking to July to be getting all the LG models.

The blueback scarlet was available through 1st round orders, which were very limited. They didn't send ours - which kinda 'stooged' us. But all is well, the are coming soon (Hopefully!)

Well that's good news then. How popular have the scarlet range been anyway?

Pleasure Paulie: I've got the 42LG61YD in stock

If you wanted to take a look at one.. Give us a bell!

Quite a nice looking set..

Called in a few favours all around the place and LG secured a few for us!

Edited by SuFz

Pleasure Paulie: I've got the 42LG61YD in stock

If you wanted to take a look at one.. Give us a bell!

Quite a nice looking set..

Called in a few favours all around the place and LG secured a few for us!

O really. What does the picture quality look like compared to the 60FD? Does the blue extend down to the bottom of the frame, as the red does on the 60fd?

O really. What does the picture quality look like compared to the 60FD? Does the blue extend down to the bottom of the frame, as the red does on the 60fd?

PQ is very very nice! Had a little play with the settings and she comes up a treat!

Threw on "The Transporter" BluRay and she comes up a treat!

Definitely a goer!

It's basically a blue backed, thinner version of the 50hz model.

Edited by SuFz

is it really worth the extra cash to get the 61 100Hz model or will the 50hz 60 model be good enough

i watch a bit of football and soccer so will the 60FD do the job for me?

i'm only going to be running foxtel standard definition at this stage through the TV. is the footy ok watching it on SD?

cheers

The 61 is a phenomenal looking unit - I would stick with the 61 and push towards that!

It's not about fitting whats in your budget now.. It's about future proofing yourself!

You don't wanna buy something now, thats not going to meet your needs at a later stage. Even if it takes you an extra 6 months, so be it! Wait that 6 months and keep that extra cash aside for the quicker unit.

I had a few sales people warn me against buying an LCd Tv from LG. They did not stock LG themselves but i had also heard from a tv repairman that LG have the most comebacks he comes accross. this may not be the case now as the units in question had 1 year warranties but does anyone else know much abnout this?

this panel sounds great and is good value for money for $1900 .

if i'm planning on watching a lot of fox sports in standard definition (cable conection) will the 60 Fd do the job for me or should i get the 100HZ 61 series to get smoother viewing? $500 is the difference between the 2 at the moment ($1900/2400)

this is the most important decision for me as i watch fox sports and espn which make up 90% of my viewing.

if i'm planning on watching a lot of fox sports in standard definition (cable conection) will the 60 Fd do the job for me or should i get the 100HZ 61 series to get smoother viewing? $500 is the difference between the 2 at the moment ($1900/2400)

this is the most important decision for me as i watch fox sports and espn which make up 90% of my viewing.

I can't really say as I dont watch much sport on Fox.. But even saying that much..

I find the 61 great when watching Nascar on Saturdays on TenHD and then S.O.O last week looked AWESOME on the 61!