Owners Thread - Lg 42/47lg60fd Scarlet Lcd Tv

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the 42lg61yd today.

It is remarkably thin! Have never seen a lcd so thin before. Also it has 24p cinema mode and 100hz. It has a crystaly blue back and chrome shiny base stand.

Fantastic picture.

I saw it at there product release evening, it is not yet completey released, but definitely looks the goods!

SuFz :ninja:

Did you see the Lg70yd at the product release at all?

Not in the flesh unfortunately..

I do have the spec sheets for them though..

42LG70YD

47LG70YD

50LG70YD

Full HD 1080p

100hz

4 HDMI (v1.3) - 1 is on Side

Expert & ISF Mode

Intelligent Sensor

50,000:1 Contrast Ratio

USB 2.0 (Music & Pictures Only)

Invisible Speaker - Mark Levinson Tuned

Swivel Stand

4ms Response Time

These are the specs given to us in the Product Catalogue, I have checked all of what I have written, to the information in the book and it is all the same. If these are wrong - Don't blame me - Blame the Book!

Just a quick word too..

Scarlet - Red - 50hz

Scarlet - Blue - 100hz

Edited by SuFz

42LG70YD

47LG70YD

50LG70YD

Full HD 1080p

100hz

4 HDMI (v1.3) - 1 is on Side

Expert & ISF Mode

Intelligent Sensor

USB 2.0 (Music & Pictures Only)

Invisible Speaker - Mark Levinson Tuned

Swivel Stand

4ms Response Time

Thanks mate. It apears the specs are essentially identical to the scarlet range - thus can only assume the tv quality is similar if not the same as the scarlet blue.

I'm hoping it does not share the design of the scarlet though - I will be holding out for that.

Do you know when these will be arriving at stores?

Thanks mate. It apears the specs are essentially identical to the scarlet range - thus can only assume the tv quality is similar if not the same as the scarlet blue.

I'm hoping it does not share the design of the scarlet though - I will be holding out for that.

Do you know when these will be arriving at stores?

I'd probably say around the 4 week mark..

I'll see if I can get a picture from the "Live n Learn" folder that they've given us.

No, it doesn't have the "hole" and plastic slab. Check it out here -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019LX84E?smid=A...mp;linkCode=asn

It looks like the PG20 plasma, which is a good thing. I don't think the Scarlet is going to be a big hit in the market. One of the reasons being that we hear that name and think of Scarlett Johansson and her wonderful design and then come crashing down to see the LG Scarlet and its terrible design.

No, it doesn't have the "hole" and plastic slab. Check it out here -

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019LX84E?smid=A...mp;linkCode=asn

It looks like the PG20 plasma, which is a good thing. I don't think the Scarlet is going to be a big hit in the market. One of the reasons being that we hear that name and think of Scarlett Johansson and her wonderful design and then come crashing down to see the LG Scarlet and its terrible design.

Well I can assume its http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv...l__42LG70.jhtml this model then.

haha.. I tend to agree, the design is just too out there for the Australian market. Although they may not flop, I can't see them being a huge seller. If the pictures are correct, the 70yd does look decent and won't make your room look like something from startrek.

Well I can assume its http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv...l__42LG70.jhtml this model then.

haha.. I tend to agree, the design is just too out there for the Australian market. Although they may not flop, I can't see them being a huge seller. If the pictures are correct, the 70yd does look decent and won't make your room look like something from startrek.

The American RRP for the 70 seems to be much cheaper than the 60. (or equiv to our blue 100hz Australian model)

So i fear there is more than just the design that makes a difference. I noticed 5ms listed on the US website, I'm sure the Australian site quotes 4ms...

The US also has only a "Scarlet Red" model which is 120hz, they do not have a Red and Blue model. Seems rather an odd moves by LG Aus.

Any issues so far, how is the LCD quality looking now that people have it in their home?

Fantastic, do you have an RRP on the tv?

I'll see how I go for prices.. I'm not working Thursday/Friday.. So probably Saturday.

I'll be stopping in to work for a few minutes tomorrow anyway..

Gotta pick up a hair straightener for the boss - Just a small price you have to pay!

The American RRP for the 70 seems to be much cheaper than the 60. (or equiv to our blue 100hz Australian model)

So i fear there is more than just the design that makes a difference. I noticed 5ms listed on the US website, I'm sure the Australian site quotes 4ms...

The US also has only a "Scarlet Red" model which is 120hz, they do not have a Red and Blue model. Seems rather an odd moves by LG Aus.

Any issues so far, how is the LCD quality looking now that people have it in their home?

I equally suspect it could be more than just the design as a difference. SuFz specs sheet says otherwise - on the core specs anyway.

The us site states the scarlet 1080p models are 5ms (http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv%7Caudio%7Cvideo_lcd%20flat%20panel__47LG60.jhtml) where its 4ms in australia. There is also differences in contrast ratios between countries on what I assume is the same TV.

And as you said, there is no blue scarlet anywhere else in the world. So who knows what the heck lg is doing with the models.

another review from CNET

Edit:

Thanks first Aussie review I have seen.

But i now think with the 46" Samsung 6 Series at Sub-$2800 already on release, the LG 50 and 100hz are overpriced.

Edited by Freak

Yeah an extra grand for the LG with almost the exact same specs, and slightly older with a design that will likely not please some, I think LG need to adjust their price now..

LG Likely knew this when they launched it before the 6 series. You can almost get the 47" 50hz for the same price as 46" 100hz Samsung.

Don't get me wrong the LG is a nice set, but I'm not sure i could pay an extra 1K for a blue back..... ;)

Edited by Freak

Don't get me wrong the LG is a nice set, but I'm not sure i could pay an extra 1K for a blue back..... ;)

We could buy a can of paint from Bunnings and make the TV any colour we want for under $50 ! Flourescent yellow or nail polish pink anyone ?

What has LG got that makes the Scarlet or Blue-back worth buying that the others don't offer at a lower price ?

47LG65YD

Full HD - 1920x1080p

4ms Response Time

100hZ (True Motion)

24fps (Real Cinema)

4 x HDMi (v1.3)

USB 2.0 - Music & Picture

Blue Back

Intelligent Sensor (Doesn't only adjust brightness, but sharpness, contrast & colour)

47LG65YD

Full HD - 1920x1080p

4ms Response Time

100hZ (True Motion)

24fps (Real Cinema)

4 x HDMi (v1.3)

USB 2.0 - Music & Picture

Blue Back

Intelligent Sensor (Doesn't only adjust brightness, but sharpness, contrast & colour)

Thanks, do you have any pricing on the 70YD series at all? RRP's even :)