Kogan On Channel 7 At 6.30

If you want to torture a geek, either do the following:

1. Install Itunes on the geeks family PC and see the geek squirm as his sisters / siblings buy music from Itunes to fill their Ipods every week.

2. Get the geeks parents to buy a PC for $2500 from Harvey Norman.

3. Get the geeks parents to buy a Kogan TV for $2000 (46inch LCD).

The geek would never be able to sleep soundly at night, ever.

iTunes rocks, most of my family have bought iPods on my recommendation as Im the family IT/HT Geek!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of my repeated efforts trying to point this out, there are still users on DTVForum who think what I'm saying is wrong and that Kogan, Conia, Palsonic, Hisense etc. are worth buying. What do you guys think ?

I've bought items from Conia, Palsonic and TEAC before and I think they are good for the money. If there's substantial savings, it's worth a look. Ok, maybe not Conia. :)

Hisense is a big Chinese brand and not too bad.

As for Kogan, as long as your expectations are reasonable, the specs look good. Just pray that it would last a bit more than 12 months.

Like all of these cheaper brands, there can be genuine savings, but if the price difference is small, bigger brand names can offer better reassurances when things go wrong - most of the time.

I know a couple who wanted to buy TV's for both the lounge and the master bedroom in their first home. Male Charles, a technogeek, wanted a name brand; Melissa wanted cheap. So they bought one Samsung (46 inch I think) for the lounge room) and a smaller Kogan for the bedroom. That was about nine months ago. So far so good.

PQ - the Samsung wins but there is nothing wrong with the Kogan either in the smaller setup. I think they saved about $1k.

Jeff

I've bought items from Conia, Palsonic and TEAC before and I think they are good for the money. If there's substantial savings, it's worth a look. Ok, maybe not Conia. :)

Hisense is a big Chinese brand and not too bad.

As for Kogan, as long as your expectations are reasonable, the specs look good. Just pray that it would last a bit more than 12 months.

Like all of these cheaper brands, there can be genuine savings, but if the price difference is small, bigger brand names can offer better reassurances when things go wrong - most of the time.

My kids have a Conia DVD player and they have flogged it and it still works (4years), Star wars alone has been played a hundred times on this machine. Maybe it a odd one out to be so reliable.

My original Conia SD STB died, and so did the replacement. Changed to a much better TEAC unit with extended warranty from Good Guys.

But look at Conia's range - it's obvious each product line or model have no direct correlation with each other. It's possible a particular model they stamped their name on actually is quite good.

I agree! They tried to brush over the way he speaks by saying he's "only 25". Come on - anyone who speaks and presents like that will put anyone off!

I just came across this thread while trying to research LCD TVs and was quite shocked to see that the conversation had reached such a pathetic low.

When coming onto a forum such as this, I would expect posts related to products and service, rather than posts "bagging" a 25 year old attempting to introduce a lower price alternative.

Seriously, jealousy can be quite a **** sometimes but expressing it in a way such as this is, is truly disgusting.

Shirt or no shirt, he has actually achieved something for himself at such a young age - if my son had achieved something such as this, I would be very proud.

None of your comments have anything to do with Kogan products or service.

I don't usually participate in online forums but I am really curious if any of you would even have the skills to conduct a real life conversation?

I'll be very patient and answer point by point. It is your first post. I wouldn't want you to be flamed from the word go.

There are dozens of posts and threads talking about products, settings, service, issues and so on. Most of the people on this very thread have contributed solutions and assisted many newbies on their HDTV purchases. We are doing this without asking for cash or any rewards for our time, just because there are many Aussies out there who could use a helping hand. The conversation has not reached a "pathetic low". We're really serious when we mean Kogan is not worth buying. Here's why -

1) Kogan is demanding $1300 to $1500 for an entry-level 42" Full High Definition LCD TV. Do we have issues with that ? No. He can fix his own price, in pretty much the same way as Sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp and Philips can.

2) He claims he is using LG or Samsung panels. Do LG/Samsung sell panels out of the back door of their factories ? No. They have better things to do, like selling panels to their partners Philips and Sony respectively.

3) The LCD or PDP by itself cannot display anything till you hook up some serious electronics to it. These are very expensive and can be the difference between a poor display and a great one. Does Kogan have access to those ? No.

4) Is Kogan building his own TVs ? No. He is just importing boxes from a factory in China.

5) What about a place where you can compare a Kogan TV to the competition ? There isn't any.

6) What if the Kogan TV breaks down ? He will pay some local repairmen who may or may not be able to fix it. Parts may or may not be available.

Let me now compare apples to apples -

Kogan 42" Full HD LCD

Says it has LG panel

Contrast ratio - unknown

Other specs - mostly unknown

Warranty - 1 year

Price - $1400

Delivered from - July 21 2008, separate delivery fee of $115 applies

LG 42" Full HD LCD

LG panel

Contrast ratio - at least 10000:1 if not much higher

Other specs - published globally

Warranty - 3 years

Price - $1500 to $1600 (and will be cheaper after 2 months from today)

Delivered - immediately and will cost $35

Still in doubt. Here's another model that is available right now.

Kogan 40" Plain HD LCD

Says it has Samsung panel

Contrast ratio - unknown

Warranty - 1 year

Price - $1200

Delivered - immediately but will cost $100 outside of Melbourne metro

Samsung 40" R81 BDX

Samsung panel

Contrast ratio - 8000:1

Warranty - 3 years

Price - $1150 after $150 cashback

Delivered - immediately for less than $35

Why should we be jealous of Kogan ? There are other people in the industry with more money like Dick Smith and Gerry Harvey to be jealous of. We are angry that Kogan shows up on a current affairs show with an ad disguised as a news story, then provides false and misleading information and that too, without wearing a shirt, a la his other Melburnian buddy Corey Worthless-ton, sorry Worthington. He is not competitive on price, he is not great on service and picture quality of these no-name TVs is not good enough. If my son was selling lies to the public, I would hang my head in shame for failing to raise him as a fair-dinkum Aussie. Go and see these no-name items in any store over the weekend. Then tell me if you can honestly put your hand on your heart and say "It is better than Sony/Samsung/LG/Philips/Sharp".

Is that a good enough conversation ? If not, then I don't know what is.

I just came across this thread while trying to research LCD TVs and was quite shocked to see that the conversation had reached such a pathetic low.

When coming onto a forum such as this, I would expect posts related to products and service, rather than posts "bagging" a 25 year old attempting to introduce a lower price alternative.

Seriously, jealousy can be quite a **** sometimes but expressing it in a way such as this is, is truly disgusting.

Shirt or no shirt, he has actually achieved something for himself at such a young age - if my son had achieved something such as this, I would be very proud.

I don't usually participate in online forums but I am really curious if any of you would even have the skills to conduct a real life conversation?

Welcome to the forum Mr Kogan... :winky:

inaloo (or should i call you Mr kogan ? ;) )-you really are quite an ignorant person and easily impressed if you think kogan has achieved anything worth admiring.....

i don't think that just because a person makes a profit, that in itself is always worth admiring....it's how you make the money....

i don't think that kogan has done anything worthwhile...

all he does is import low quality tv's from china...i have seen various units of different cheap brand tv's, including kogan's ..i think the picture quality of them is poor...

if you are happy with kogan tv's go ahead and buy one... i certainly won't from what i have seen of them.....

at least sony, pioneer ,etc do research and produce new technology, that is impressive....

if he invented a new technology, or built items in australia, then i would be impressed.....

all he does import tv's ..... big deal....

I don't agree with your comments, and you don't have to agree with mine....however i have viewed kogan and various other cheap brand tv's

and i don't think their pic quality is any good...

have you seen any kogan tv's ? or are you just making comments based on emotion rather than actual viewing of tv's?

ps i have been involved over the years in various businesses that design and produce (and in some cases export) products made in australia

and i admire many of the australian manufacturers i have met during past years, someone who just imports 'boxes' is not in the same class......

Edited by larry

all as i can see is someone selling cheap imports and makeing them sound like they are the best thing since sliced bread

at the end of the day you would. the amount of money you would make of these cheap imports

just my 2cents worth

I'll be very patient and answer point by point. It is your first post. I wouldn't want you to be flamed from the word go.

There are dozens of posts and threads talking about products, settings, service, issues and so on. Most of the people on this very thread have contributed solutions and assisted many newbies on their HDTV purchases. We are doing this without asking for cash or any rewards for our time, just because there are many Aussies out there who could use a helping hand. The conversation has not reached a "pathetic low". We're really serious when we mean Kogan is not worth buying. Here's why -

1) Kogan is demanding $1300 to $1500 for an entry-level 42" Full High Definition LCD TV. Do we have issues with that ? No. He can fix his own price, in pretty much the same way as Sony, Samsung, LG, Sharp and Philips can.

2) He claims he is using LG or Samsung panels. Do LG/Samsung sell panels out of the back door of their factories ? No. They have better things to do, like selling panels to their partners Philips and Sony respectively.

3) The LCD or PDP by itself cannot display anything till you hook up some serious electronics to it. These are very expensive and can be the difference between a poor display and a great one. Does Kogan have access to those ? No.

4) Is Kogan building his own TVs ? No. He is just importing boxes from a factory in China.

5) What about a place where you can compare a Kogan TV to the competition ? There isn't any.

6) What if the Kogan TV breaks down ? He will pay some local repairmen who may or may not be able to fix it. Parts may or may not be available.

Let me now compare apples to apples -

Kogan 42" Full HD LCD

Says it has LG panel

Contrast ratio - unknown

Warranty - 1 year

Price - $1400

Delivered from - July 21 2008, separate delivery fee of $115 applies

LG 42" Full HD LCD

LG panel

Contrast ratio - at least 10000:1 if not much higher

Warranty - 3 years

Price - $1500 to $1600 (and will be cheaper after 2 months from today)

Delivered - immediately and will cost $35

Still in doubt. Here's another model that is available right now.

Kogan 40" Plain HD LCD

Says it has Samsung panel

Contrast ratio - unknown

Warranty - 1 year

Price - $1200

Delivered - immediately but will cost $100 outside of Melbourne metro

Samsung 40" R81 BDX

Samsung panel

Contrast ratio - 8000:1

Warranty - 3 years

Price - $1150 after $150 cashback

Delivered - immediately for less than $35

Why should we be jealous of Kogan ? There are other people in the industry with more money like Dick Smith and Gerry Harvey to be jealous of. We are angry that Kogan shows up on a current affairs show with an ad disguised as a news story, then provides false and misleading information and that too, without wearing a shirt, a la his other Melburnian buddy Corey Worthless-ton, sorry Worthington. He is not competitive on price, he is not great on service and picture quality of these no-name TVs is not good enough. If my son was selling lies to the public, I would hang my head in shame for failing to raise him as a fair-dinkum Aussie. Go and see these no-name items in any store over the weekend. Then tell me if you can honestly put your hand on your heart and say "It is better than Sony/Samsung/LG/Philips/Sharp".

Is that a good enough conversation ? If not, then I don't know what is.

Tell me where you can buy a Full HD LG TV for $1500? I certainly can't find one. And BTW, Kogan lists all the specs for his TVs on his website.

Tell me where you can buy a Full HD LG TV for $1500? I certainly can't find one.

try asking your local JB-HiFi or Bing Lee retailer for his best price and you will have your answer

Well put mate but some posters here just can't justify a young bloke who is having a go and doing well for himself! :P

I have met Ruslan Kogan at an Open Display Day at my Club last year and saw his sets (LCD) running the same feed alongside the club's 60" LG Plasma and it's 50" Pioneer Plasma.

The PQ on his sets was very good and as far as I am concerned it really got down to personal taste as whether you preferred LCD or Plasma TV. I tend to favour LCD but looking at the same feed side by side it was hard to pick a favourite between them.

An old friend at the end of that day bought the Kogan 46" LCD that was on display and I am hoping to run into him soon to get his feedback on how it has performed.

I took along my Topfield Black Panther SD PVR and hooked it up to a Kogan 32" LCD. I played back recorded programs on it's HDD and was very happy with the PQ.

That Black Panther PVR usually runs on a 26" Wide Screen CRT 100Htz Flat Panel TV and I did think the LCD was a slightly better PQ at the time.

NOW before the the serial moaners start accusing me of being a Kogan employee I will deny it now and apart from that day have not seen Ruslan since.

Ironically the closest Ruslan and I have ever been was when we were a lot younger as he told me that he grew up just a block away from where I lived. (and now live but a different house in the same street) Although I had never met him when he did live in the area. ^_^

BTW kulfi why don't you be truthful and post all the specs on his sets and not your abbreviated ones? They are readily available from the Kogan website!

:PFlame away kids! :rolleyes:

BTW kulfi why don't you be truthful and post all the specs on his sets and not your abbreviated ones? They are readily available from the Kogan website!

Warning :

This post can be extremely embarassing to Kogan, his friends, his neighbours like sail and fanboys.

For others with an open mind, the hard facts are right here.

Sail,

You asked for a detailed spec-by-spec comparison so here it is -

Kogan x 46" HDSamsung panel

Analog tuner

1366X768 resolution

1000:1 contrast ratio (assuming this is fixed, so around 5000:1 dynamic)

Inputs :

1x HDMI

1x RF antenna

2x AV

2x Component (RCA)

1x S-video

1x RGB (D-sub 15pin)

1x 3.5mm Audio in

Speakers : Spatial stereo 2 X 15W

Power consumption < 280W

Available from June 30 2008

Price : $1699

Samsung - has not made 46" 1366X768 sets since end of 2007

No comparable current model

If I were to compare my own TV with the outdated thing, it will blow Kogan away.

Samsung 46" Full HD N8

Analog and HD digital tuner

1920X1080 resolution

2000:1 contrast ratio (10000:1 dynamic)

Inputs :

3x HDMI

1x RF antenna

2x AV

2x Component (RCA)

1x S-video

1x RGB (D-sub 15pin)

1x 3.5mm Audio in

Speakers : SRS TruSurround XT 2 X 15W

Power consumption <260W

Purchased : Feb 10 2008

Price : $2099 in Feb (cheaper now)

Got free 19" LCD which retails now for $400, so net cost is $1699

He only has TVs with analog tuners available now, so the 40" 1366X768 currently available works out a lot costlier compared to the Samsung 40" R8 after the cashback. The built-in HD tuner model is coming out in the end of July, 2 months from now and you can bet your bottom dollar LG will be cheaper by then.

There is no sense in buying Kogan, Soniq, Palsonic, DSE etc any more. The big brands have come down so much that the price differential has evaporated. If somebody still wants to support those guys and keep buying after this and other opinions that they are substandard products, it's your problem and your money.

Warning :

This post can be extremely embarassing to Kogan, his friends, his neighbours like sail and fanboys.

For others with an open mind, the hard facts are right here.

Sail,

You asked for a detailed spec-by-spec comparison so here it is -

Kogan x 46" HDSamsung panel

Analog tuner

1366X768 resolution

1000:1 contrast ratio (assuming this is fixed, so around 5000:1 dynamic)

Inputs :

1x HDMI

1x RF antenna

2x AV

2x Component (RCA)

1x S-video

1x RGB (D-sub 15pin)

1x 3.5mm Audio in

Speakers : Spatial stereo 2 X 15W

Power consumption < 280W

Available from June 30 2008

Price : $1699

Samsung - has not made 46" 1366X768 sets since end of 2007

No comparable current model

If I were to compare my own TV with the outdated thing, it will blow Kogan away.

Samsung 46" Full HD N8

Analog and HD digital tuner

1920X1080 resolution

2000:1 contrast ratio (10000:1 dynamic)

Inputs :

3x HDMI

1x RF antenna

2x AV

2x Component (RCA)

1x S-video

1x RGB (D-sub 15pin)

1x 3.5mm Audio in

Speakers : SRS TruSurround XT 2 X 15W

Power consumption <260W

Purchased : Feb 10 2008

Price : $2099 in Feb (cheaper now)

Got free 19" LCD which retails now for $400, so net cost is $1699

He only has TVs with analog tuners available now, so the 40" 1366X768 currently available works out a lot costlier compared to the Samsung 40" R8 after the cashback. The built-in HD tuner model is coming out in the end of July, 2 months from now and you can bet your bottom dollar LG will be cheaper by then.

There is no sense in buying Kogan, Soniq, Palsonic, DSE etc any more. The big brands have come down so much that the price differential has evaporated. If somebody still wants to support those guys and keep buying after this and other opinions that they are substandard products, it's your problem and your money.

So even if we forget about reliability, after-sales service and the vapourware factor, name brand screens from shop-front retailers are both cheaper AND better than kogan!

Hmmm, I can't seem to see the savings that this guy claims to pass on by 'avoiding the middleman'. :rolleyes:

Why take the risk?

So even if we forget about reliability, after-sales service and the vapourware factor, name brand screens from shop-front retailers are both cheaper AND better than kogan!

Hmmm, I can't seem to see the savings that this guy claims to pass on by 'avoiding the middleman'. :rolleyes:

Why take the risk?

I didn't realise that blow-for-blow, the Kogans were so under-specced.

Not wanting to rub salt into the wound, but I don't think there's even been a mention of the all-important electronics and picture processing engine. I can't see how these TVs would be any match for, say, the Samsungs in this category regard either.

It's not flaming, fanboyism or whatever you want to call it - they're just the facts.

I didn't realise that blow-for-blow, the Kogans were so under-specced.

I spent the better part of Friday evening researching the spec sheets for both Kogan and the big brands and I knew these facts already but I had just edited them out till this morning and sail's post.

The spec sheet clearly shows that the panel is one or two generations old. This means some small garage operation has managed to lay their hands on leftover stock tossed out by the big factories and is putting them together to sell to gullible customers here.

To evil_josh,

Kogan isn't cutting out the middleman, he IS the middleman and is doing the same role as your friendly (or not) neighbourhood retailer. Here's how -

LG/Samsung - makes the panel and the overall TV

Retailer - buys from LG/Samsung and sells to ...

You - the customer

Unknown factory in remote corner of the planet - buys the panel and assembles the overall TV

Kogan - buys from factory and sells to ...

You - the customer

I forget to mention delivery charges in this morning's post. It's at least $100 extra on top of his price, making it all the more meaningless.

Sorry, this thing's kindof got me wound up.

Two things that have really gotten under my skin:-

1. Lack of a built-in HD tuner. What's the deal with that? Might as well have left the analog tuner out also and labelled these as monitors not TVs. IMHO it exhibits contempt and complete disregard for the end user - the mums and dads who hopefully won't know the difference.

2. Preorders accepted for a TV that won't be delivered until 21st July. With prices falling on a weekly basis you're being lead to believe you are scoring a Full HD 42" LCD with built-in HD tuner for a low price. What you won't realise is the actual value will have fallen quite dramatically in the 2 month period that you wait.

I've found people here mostly open-minded and not begrudging of free enterprise or others who make good for themselves. It's the manner by which this is achieved which is questioned.

Cheers.

Two things that have really gotten under my skin:-

1. Lack of a built-in HD tuner. What's the deal with that? Might as well have left the analog tuner out also and labelled these as monitors not TVs. IMHO it exhibits contempt and complete disregard for the end user - the mums and dads who hopefully won't know the difference.

In some of his TVs that are available now. Not a concern to me using a PVR! :P

This one has an inbuilt SD Tuner...

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-d-pro-2...layer-and-digi/

Same here...

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-pro-26-...-digital-tuner/

These with inbuilt HD Tuners...

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-pro-32-...-digital-tuner/

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-pro-42-...-1080p-lg-pane/

Others if you can be bothered to read the specs will note it has a built in analogue tuner.

Like I said earlier I wouldn't let me be put off buying one of his sets due to the lack of a Digital tuner and simply use my PVR.

Stop making mountains out of mole hills! :o :o

2. Preorders accepted for a TV that won't be delivered until 21st July. With prices falling on a weekly basis you're being lead to believe you are scoring a Full HD 42" LCD with built-in HD tuner for a low price.

You will! Read the specs...

The Kogan PRO 42 features:

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-pro-42-...-1080p-lg-pane/

* LG Full HD 1080p LCD Panel 1920 x 1080 (16:9)

* Integrated HD Digital Tuner

* Dual HDMI inputs

* Connects easily to PS3, Xbox36, Blu-Ray devices

* Five High Definition inputs including HDMI/DVI

* PC Resolution: 1920 x 1080

* Teletext (including closed captions)

* Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)

* 12 month on-site warranty - optional extended warranty

What you won't realise is the actual value will have fallen quite dramatically in the 2 month period that you wait.

Simple thing then is wait to when they are available and do a price comparison then. Stop knocking somebody for trying. Thanks to people like him could be a real reason you see major brand prices falling. B)

I've found people here mostly open-minded and not begrudging of free enterprise or others who make good for themselves. It's the manner by which this is achieved which is questioned.

You obviously didn't read the first thread here regarding Kogan TVs. :D

HELL! After meeting Ruslan and seeing his sets in operation I would certainly trust him more that the dumb buggers in 90% of major retail stores these days.

On-site warranty, extended warranty options plus pick up available if in Melbourne. Nothing shonky there. ;)

You aren't the only one that's wound up. He's got me too.

The Soniq 32" LCD TV pushed by JB also lacks a digital tuner and has just one HDMI input. It also claims it has the LG panel, so maybe this is a common disease. I tried to point this out to some mum-and-dad buyers when I was there but they gave me a dirty look, so I left them to their own devices. Of course, the Soniq pricing is similar to Kogan so it's the same situation. To cap it off, the JB sales drone sold them extended warranty on the Soniq !

I get what you're trying to say about the pre-order and delayed delivery. That was why I said it was useless to compare today's prices to Kogan TVs that will be available after 1 and 2 months respectively.

I also hate the way in which Kogan is misrepresenting the facts, like putting a 1080i label on some TVs that are 1366X768. Most of the buyers will see the number 1080 and hence assume it is Full HD, when in fact is just downscaling a Full HD signal.

We are all questioning the manner in which facts are hidden or misrepresented. It just makes us mad when a guy shows up on a current affairs show peddling a bunch of lies. We spend so much of our time helping others and showing them the correct path, only to see this bogan appearing on TV and reaching out to millions with his lies.

If you ask me, Channel 7 should be sued and forced into broadcasting a public apology every day of the week for that so-called "news story".

Hey sail,

Do you work as a real estate agent or a used car salesman ? You sure sound like one.

Anyway, so if you love Ruslan and his Bogans so much, why don't you buy the TVs instead of just doing a sales promotion ? If you ask me, your posts are just an extension of the Today Tonight show.

Like I said earlier I wouldn't let me be put off buying one of his sets due to the lack of a Digital tuner and simply use my PVR.

Stop making mountains out of mole hills! :o :o

Not everyone has a PVR or an external HD tuner. Also, it's an extra expense which you could add to the bottom line whether it be a $100 HD-tuner from Aldi or a $900 Beyonwiz.

Simple thing then is wait to when they are available and do a price comparison then. Stop knocking somebody for trying. Thanks to people like him could be a real reason you see major brand prices falling. B)

OK, to his credit the 21st July delivery date is clearly stated. Only the $1299 price almost sounds attractive when compared with the current LG 42" Full HD. To me though it serves the purpose of sucking people in and committing to the sets with that price not knowing they can get the LG now for a little more and maybe even less in two months' time.

HELL! After meeting Ruslan and seeing his sets in operation I would certainly trust him more that the dumb buggers in 90% of major retail stores these days.

On-site warranty, extended warranty options plus pick up available if in Melbourne. Nothing shonky there. ;)

I'm not sure if someone's good demeanour is a good enough reason to trust someone more. If anything, I would be more wary.

Those warranty and pick up options are not exactly talking points. They are pretty standard. Even the "dumb" buggers you speak of in retail offer those services.

I wouldn't even go down that road either because there are less than favourable stories about people's personal experiences with Kogan's warranty services in other threads.

Cheers.

EDIT: Some spelling mistakes fixed.

Edited by ponlesabor

Hey sail,

Do you work as a real estate agent or a used car salesman ? You sure sound like one.

Anyway, so if you love Ruslan and his Bogans so much, why don't you buy the TVs instead of just doing a sales promotion ? If you ask me, your posts are just an extension of the Today Tonight show.

You know I was beginning to believe you were grown up and reasonable but I guess even I can be wrong some times. :D

PLEASE GO BACK AND READ my previous posts and realise I am a mature person that has had a hands on experience with the products in question and immature fools that can do no better than rubbish a person having a go deserve to be told you will never be smart enough to run your own business. LOL Pity your boss or school teachers. :D

You really can't speak with more authority on this product than me BUT at least I have viewed them and the mate bought a 46" LCD on the day and is extremely happy with it.

Remember go back and read my earlier posts before making stupid allegations in future. :angry2:

hi sail

i am not some young kid... and i have also seen some kogan tv's, and i thought the picture quality was not good..... but if you were happy, then you are lucky your standards are low...

also reading the posts above the kogan tv's seem quite poor value, especially since quite a few of their models don't have digital tuners...

there are a lot of people that don't want to buy a pvr, so only having an analog tuner is a negative, since you then need to get a dig stb, and another remote....

i think tv prices have dropped due to competition from the MANY brands on the market, i don't think the market 'presence ' of kogan tv's is significant enough to make them the reason.....

Sail, I have nothing against kogan, or his tv's, i just think that his tv's from the ones i have seen) are quite poor pic quality, and after reasing the above specs in comparison to other brands, they don't seem good value

as an aside, we had friends in the past who used and sold omegatrend products, because 'they were cheaper, as you cut out the middle-man' -haha ! what a joke-they were quite expensive, and definately bad value for money from what i saw in comparison....but the people who started omegatrend made a lot of money for a while....

Edited by larry