Kogan On Channel 7 At 6.30

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a while back he promised

to open a showroom to view his products and ofered some members

from this forum to go on a private viewing.

Last I remember he backed out

I am not sure if it happened after

Guest Putz

Just saw him on today tonight.

To be honest i wouldn't buy off him if he was a salesman in shop. The way he talks and looks put me off but that is just my opinion and the fact that you can't see the product in action

Edited by Putz

Just saw him on today tonight.

To be honest i wouldn't buy off him if he was a salesman in shop. The way he talks and looks put me off but that is just my opinion and the fact that you can't see the product in action

I agree! They tried to brush over the way he speaks by saying he's "only 25". Come on - anyone who speaks and presents like that will put anyone off!

I agree! They tried to brush over the way he speaks by saying he's "only 25". Come on - anyone who speaks and presents like that will put anyone off!

But is his is stuff any good? Has anyone bought one of his TVs?

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse what he looks like if his products are good value.

Edited by evil_josh

But is his is stuff any good? Has anyone bought one of his TVs?

If you do a search Kogan on here it'll turn up a heap of old threads.

Bad customer service, delays in supply etc etc

Who knows if it has improved...

seems not looking at his ebay store > Availability: Presale. Will be dispatched on 28th May 2008.

08/05/2007 was the last time he was on today tonight... lol almost 12 months to the day, he promo deal going with them or something?

dont forget to add the extra costs

3 year on-site warranty: +$149

5 year on-site warranty: +$199

Delivery + $158.00 (free Melbourne pick up!)

Seriously, would you really buy a 'no name' tv sight unseen?

I remember a while back he promised

to open a showroom to view his products and ofered some members

from this forum to go on a private viewing.

Last I remember he backed out

I am not sure if it happened after

There was apparently a viewing a few months back. I remember reading about it when I was in the market for a new tv.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...=737637&p=7

I'm shopping for a new tv on a budget, a 42" for under $1500.... I saw his TV's on ebay and was impressed by the features, they also use LG panels which arent the best I heard but better than "no name".

From what I can see in the auctions, they usually sell between $1200 and $1400, to me this is way too exp for a brand less TV, when you add the warranty it becomes a similar price to the 42" LCD tvs at JBHIFI, difference being this is True HD and JB's for this price are just HD... for somone like me who will only watch DVD's and HD tv, a True Hd tv is not needed.

So I would buy a lesser tech tv from JB rather than buy one of these TV's.

There are also lots of "ITa" TV's on ebay, these are even cheaper, for under 1k you can pickup a full HD tv, but who knows about the quality?

yapa

I'm shopping for a new tv on a budget, a 42" for under $1500.... I saw his TV's on ebay and was impressed by the features, they also use LG panels which arent the best I heard but better than "no name".

From what I can see in the auctions, they usually sell between $1200 and $1400, to me this is way too exp for a brand less TV, when you add the warranty it becomes a similar price to the 42" LCD tvs at JBHIFI, difference being this is True HD and JB's for this price are just HD... for somone like me who will only watch DVD's and HD tv, a True Hd tv is not needed.

So I would buy a lesser tech tv from JB rather than buy one of these TV's.

There are also lots of "ITa" TV's on ebay, these are even cheaper, for under 1k you can pickup a full HD tv, but who knows about the quality?

yapa

Reread the old threads. The panels because they come from a certain factory does not make them the same panles that go on the brand name TV's.

Beware the warranty also. They don't have any on staff (or didn't) techs. They hire a TV repairman to take a look at the set.

What a joke Today Tonight is. It's degraded past its low level of trash to now selling products under the "disguise" of a current affairs. I wonder how much Kogan payed this time around?

You'd have to be crazy to buy one of his "budget" TV's when for the same price, or maybe a $100 more you can buy a reputable brand.

Edited by brett174

I've seen receipts for Samsung 40" Full HD N8 LCD TVs for around $1500. Deduct $150 cashback from that and you're in the $1300s price range. That makes it identical or cheaper in price compared to Kogan the Bogan.

Samsung also has a 3-year onsite warranty included in the price and they have their own repair staff. All this makes buying anything like Kogan completely senseless.

In spite of my repeated efforts trying to point this out, there are still users on DTVForum who think what I'm saying is wrong and that Kogan, Conia, Palsonic, Hisense etc. are worth buying. What do you guys think ?

In spite of my repeated efforts trying to point this out, there are still users on DTVForum who think what I'm saying is wrong and that Kogan, Conia, Palsonic, Hisense etc. are worth buying. What do you guys think ?

I would think that they are few and far between on this forum. However, I'm sure Mr Kogan sells plenty of Panel's via his TT advertisments because there are still plenty of Mums and Dads out there that know no better.

If you want to torture a geek, either do the following:

1. Install Itunes on the geeks family PC and see the geek squirm as his sisters / siblings buy music from Itunes to fill their Ipods every week.

2. Get the geeks parents to buy a PC for $2500 from Harvey Norman.

3. Get the geeks parents to buy a Kogan TV for $2000 (46inch LCD).

The geek would never be able to sleep soundly at night, ever.

For anyone that wants to see it:

What a joke of a salesman and a company!!

You've gotta hand it to him, getting an infomercial on TT is a hell of a coup!

I still wouldn't buy one tho!