Gta4

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked it up last night but have only really played it for an hour or so. A couple of initial impressions:

- Car accidents are extremely realistic! The popping glass sound and metal on metal is awesome. Much better than previous versions.

- The water looks amazing. I went for a swim and the ripple effect looks stunning, not like a "glass sheet" like GTA SA.

its really fantastic. Played it for the last 3 hours. Personally Im finding car steering is taking a while to get use to. Its the best GTA by far. Im loving the missions so far. Havent tried multiplayer yet, and if anyone is keen for some multiplayer action add me.

ps3 username stewbags

I had one incident where I knocked into a car. The next thing I know hes chasing me down beeping his horn ramming me into the wall. Its really fun just watching pedestrians interact.

Amazing game!

its really fantastic. Played it for the last 3 hours. Personally Im finding car steering is taking a while to get use to. Its the best GTA by far. Im loving the missions so far. Havent tried multiplayer yet, and if anyone is keen for some multiplayer action add me.

ps3 username stewbags

I had one incident where I knocked into a car. The next thing I know hes chasing me down beeping his horn ramming me into the wall. Its really fun just watching pedestrians interact.

Amazing game!

Lol!

Yeah, car handling is a lot different (realistic), but I'm sure we'll get used to it with time.

I jacked a car this morning and the driver hung on to the door as I drove away, dragging along the street next to the car! I eventually managed to get rid of him with a few violent fishtails. Awesome stuff.

So you can actually swim huh? I thought that was out?

I'm at home now, it's been fully installed since 10.30, but I have so much work (paid work) to do from home I doubt I'll get to play before 5 :(

And I have to look after my bro tonight, get food and everything. Dammit, I should have taken a week off to play heh.

I feel sick. Anyone else feel that way after the motion blur of driving drunk.

I've not played 4 yet, but in all the versions of 3 I had to turn off the motion trails because it did that to me. I'm hoping there's a similar option somewhere.

What an Awesome game!

I played it last night after launch for about an hour, the cinematics, storylines and characters just drag you into the game.

In terms of playability it surpases all other GTA's by far, from tiny details such us the cracked windshields with blood (after hitting pedestrians) to the car dynamics to being drunk!...lol

Yes it made me dizzy....

Just got my copy but am stuck at work and the other threads are about the censorship and importing. So has anyone played it yet and what are your thoughts?

Not telling you how to do your 'job' or nothin', but you might want to reconsider the topic description before your editorial amendment time expires. Case in point: a topic calling for mission tips by a [tipster] who presumably hasn't begun playing yet...

Folks generally start sharing tips when they've found something to share. Anyways, without wanting to put a negative spin on your intentions, here's a little something to kick off the topic:

While we'll all take different paths throughout the game, we'll all generally follow the leader when introduced to its principal players. Therefore we'll all be meeting - and dating - Michelle in short order. Apparently she likes to go bowling, so when you're getting your head around the controls for the first time (admittedly it' ain't rocket science but there's a knack all the same), it helps to know that your shot should be taken with quick flicks of the right thumbstick (eg, immediately Down -> Up to get optimum bowling trajectory).

I've been playing the game for four days straight - and dating Michelle for an equal amount of time. However, I've only just discovered the 'knack' after getting my arse repeatedly whupped by a girl (ie, where her strikes would be more frequent than mine). Of course, it pays to remember that repeatedly whupping her arse - at least in the bowling alley, lol - won't always yield dividends on the journey home. Example: you lose, she's happy. You win, she sulks.

Anyways, you'll know what I mean after a few turns at bowling. Keep those tips coming, playaz! :)

Edited by X-phile

The storyline and the gameplay are great but what happened to all the things in gta sa such as ammunation, flying planes, being able to get fat and lose it at the gym and drive trains.

Thats just a few things I can think of that they got rid of in gta 4.

The storyline and the gameplay are great but what happened to all the things in gta sa such as ammunation, flying planes, being able to get fat and lose it at the gym and drive trains.

Thats just a few things I can think of that they got rid of in gta 4.

Probably because there was nothing fun about having to grind you way through driving cars better, riding bikes better, shooting guns better, working out, and all that other crap that made the game pretty much nothing more than WOW:gangsta edition.

ammunation is gone and if you listen to the radio you will understand why. its built into the story.

What else is there to do in the game? I played it for about 3 hours last night and just ended up doing story missions, dating a girl and hanging with my cousin.

I drove around a bit looking for some side missions but couldn't really find anything?

Do they still have all the ambulance/fire truck type missions in the game?

Very interesting. They said the 360 was a clear winner in the graphics department.

You've got to wonder though how biased some of thse sites are (I'm still deciding on whether to buy a 360 or PS3)

Buy the system that has the games you want to play, not on which one has the slightly better graphics on GTA.