Sign in to follow this  
P.Archer

Importing Gta Iv?

My order from Play Asia has now been shipped according to the website but haven't received an email saying that it has been.

Ordered 27th April

Shipped 02nd May

2min after posting this I got an email saying it has been shipped!

Whoo Hoo I have 4 days off next week.

Edited by ijuschill

can anyone tell me if imported copies of GTA4 are able to be played online on aussie servers?

What about future PS3 GTAIV downloadable content?

I'm afraid to buy non-Aus games after Sony's screw up with region locked COD4 maps.

Yep just got the email saying mine had shipped. Bought the EB one anyway in the meantime. Hopefully save games work with the import one.

I doubt very much that they will. Saves for Playstation games are filed away according to the disc's catalogue number (on the spine of the case) so unless Rockstar have designed the game to search for saves from other versions, you'd be out of luck.

My order from Play Asia has now been shipped according to the website but haven't received an email saying that it has been.

Ordered 27th April

Shipped 02nd May

2min after posting this I got an email saying it has been shipped!

Mine shipped too, just got the email now. They must be having a VERY busy day in the Play-Asia shipping department :)

Hope good old economy air is as relatively fast as it has been when I've purchased from other Hong Kong based stores.

What about future PS3 GTAIV downloadable content?

I'm afraid to buy non-Aus games after Sony's screw up with region locked COD4 maps.

You'd likely have to buy future downloadable content from the US Store.

When did you place your order?

I ordered my copy on the 21st of April and elected to get it delivered by UPS.

Edited by merseysider

Only just received an "item sent" email from gamehubs despite actually receiving the game via UPS this morning ... hopefully their new re-designed website will solve these problems. Also got an email stating that they will restock the PS3 version next week, but the 360 version won't be here until almost the end of this month (27th May).

Anywhere else to buy the 360 uncut from? With Playasia and Gameshub with no stock Im not sure where else to try.

That one has a M rating on the picture shown,not the R rating everyone is looking for.I wonder if it is actually uncut?

that pic is not the actual photo of the product. Asian version is PAL R18+, my friends in Hong Kong said they only PAL R18+ version at shop right now, and it doesn't come with 1 month live trial

Hey thanks mate. Few things though. It says it works only with Asian 360 console. Whats the deal? The price is in US, the game says its Asian, so im a little confused. So you believe its PAL and uncut like the NTSC/J one from playasia?

Hey thanks mate. Few things though. It says it works only with Asian 360 console. Whats the deal? The price is in US, the game says its Asian, so im a little confused. So you believe its PAL and uncut like the NTSC/J one from playasia?

it would work on Australian console, because it's a PAL copy. there's no NTSC/J GTA4, as it has not been released in Japan. the official released Hong Kong version is a PAL R18+ version same as UK version except withourt 1 month live trial.

Awesome thanks mate. The price seems good. Looks like standard shipping is free and express is about $17. So around $80 altogether.

For anyone that is waiting on an import and bought a local one in the meantime, EB have a tradeback for store credit. ie i bought mine locally for $93 while wating on an import and could trade it in for $110 eb store credit or return it for $93 cash (was bought from EB under their 7 day cash return policy).

http://www.ebgames.com.au/productimages/pr...4_tradeback.jpg

This might be one of those quirks of the banking system, but it's a bit worrying.

At the start of last week, as I reported here at the time, Play-Asia billed my debit card for my GTA4 purchase even though it wasn't yet in stock and hadn't shipped - against their own policy.

That amount sat on my account for the entire week up until yesterday, listed as "DEBIT CARD AUTH" - and then today it disappeared completely, the funds re-credited to my account.

As it stands at the moment, I haven't actually paid for the copy of GTA4 that supposedly shipped on Friday.

Either something's taking a while to go through, or Play-Asia is saying they've shipped the game when they actually haven't. We'll see what happens the next time the bank does its daily update where things like this get added/adjusted/resolved...

Anyone know the difference between the ASIA version and the US version for the ps3?

Hi folks - I'm off on holidays in a couple of weeks and will be stopping off in Paris, Rome & Budapest as I go through Europe. Thinking of picking this up if a decent price. Does anyone happen to know if the game would be in English, or at least as an option?. Does the local copy have all languages on it, for example?

Cheers,

Doc.

Not sure about Asia, but I'm pretty sure the Japanese version uses a different button as select, instead of the X used here. I think it is square.

Not sure about Asia, but I'm pretty sure the Japanese version uses a different button as select, instead of the X used here. I think it is square.

That is actually dependant on the region of the console, not the software.

For anyone that is waiting on an import and bought a local one in the meantime, EB have a tradeback for store credit. ie i bought mine locally for $93 while wating on an import and could trade it in for $110 eb store credit or return it for $93 cash (was bought from EB under their 7 day cash return policy).

http://www.ebgames.com.au/productimages/pr...4_tradeback.jpg

i did this already at Game. i returned it on the weekend before the 7 days was up. i just told the guy i had two copies and they gave me my cash back no problem. Now i just have to wait for Playasia to deliver it. i Hope my save game works for the US version im getting??? I dont see why not.

This might be one of those quirks of the banking system, but it's a bit worrying.

At the start of last week, as I reported here at the time, Play-Asia billed my debit card for my GTA4 purchase even though it wasn't yet in stock and hadn't shipped - against their own policy.

That amount sat on my account for the entire week up until yesterday, listed as "DEBIT CARD AUTH" - and then today it disappeared completely, the funds re-credited to my account.

As it stands at the moment, I haven't actually paid for the copy of GTA4 that supposedly shipped on Friday.

Either something's taking a while to go through, or Play-Asia is saying they've shipped the game when they actually haven't. We'll see what happens the next time the bank does its daily update where things like this get added/adjusted/resolved...

Keep us updated Neon - My CC was charged on tuesday of last week and it was still sitting there on friday unprocessed.. Will look at my banking tonight and let you know what going on with mine too

PS my order also shipped on friday