Sign in to follow this  
P.Archer

Importing Gta Iv?

i still haven't put down an order for this.

reading the discussion; looks like i might go with gamehubs, though don't know what to expect and whether there is any stock left.

Edited by the_wonderchild

HAs anyone ordered from here before Rockstar warehouse it's about $10 cheaper postage than from Amazon @ $42

Your Order

Item Name SubTotal

1 Grand Theft Auto IV - PlayStation®3 (Pre-order) 59.99

1 Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition - PlayStation®3 (Pre-order) 89.99

Subtotal: 149.98

Shipping: 32.00

Tax: 0.00

Total: 181.98

odd, i did the same, but my estimated shipping date is on or before 30th April

From tonight's Play-Asia weekly email:

Please note that the official release date of Grand Theft Auto IV is April 29th. The Asia release version is expected to start shipping on or around release date, while as usual, it will take a couple of days for the US imports to arrive. The US versions will start shipping on or after May 2nd.

So a little longer to wait. Let's hope the dollar stays nice and high till then :)

So many GTA IV threads, I don't know which one to bump, but since this one mentions Gamehubs specifically ... here's an email I just received from Gamehubs:

Just to let you know that due to shortage for X360 Grand Theft Auto 4, we will increase the price from GBP 27.99 to GBP 29.99 by tomorrow (27th April, 2008). For those who haven't got their copy yet, please get it as soon as possible. Please log in www.gamehubs.com for more information. Thank you.
Edited by HTPCFreak

thanks for the heads up HTPCFreak.

Will that be effective retrospect for those who've already put in an order?

The new higher price will only be in place tomorrow, so if you order tomorrow, you'll pay a bit more. Existing orders won't be affected, nor will orders made today before the price rise (I think that was the gist of the newsletter, to get people to order now as opposed to tomorrow when the price rise is in effect).

I also see they said it will be 5 - 10 days for delivery for the game from Gamehubs and it has not shipped yet.

Are those prices for each game ($115 x 2 = $230)?

yeah $115 for each limited ed pack.

they were $150 in EB/Game/JB Hifi if you pre-ordered.

a few? what are u stocking up for? So you can sell them over here i presume.

just did a bulk order for me and my mates to save on shipping.

well; finally put in my Gamehubs order last night.

Not in any particular rush to receive it since i'm currently rather busy, although it would be nice to see it soon.

Edited by the_wonderchild

So where should i order from to get an uncensored copy/special edition pack?

So where should i order from to get an uncensored copy/special edition pack?

Play Asia... probably.

I am just trying to ascertain whether the server I connect to for online games is dependant on the origin of the game or my PSN ID.

Anyone know if the 360 playasia version is region locked?

It can't hurt to read the item description....

Rockstargames

Compatible with Xbox360™

US, NTSC U/C / Action

Yeah sorry mate, i at work and have limited internet and couldnt wait till i get home lol. Much appreciated :)

So AndrewW, you have a US 360 then?

Looks like ill have to import UK now.

Play Asia... probably.

I am just trying to ascertain whether the server I connect to for online games is dependant on the origin of the game or my PSN ID.

Hi Ajhogg,

I'd love to know the answer to that question too.

After all the hassles with COD4 online early on, it's an important consideration.

regards

On playstation website ,rockstar have said the ps3 version is not region coded online you can play against anyone. : :lol:

On playstation website ,rockstar have said the ps3 version is not region coded online you can play against anyone. : :lol:

Link?

So AndrewW, you have a US 360 then?

Looks like ill have to import UK now.

Nope, which is why I'm importing a UK copy purchased off ebay.

well, thats good news - my play-asia import of the US version is now been moved to "preparing order"... so looks like the game might be shipping in the next 24 hours... woohoo!!! c'mon...fedex....

Nah, I doubt they'll get it too early, probably won't get the game until next week, perhaps this friday if you're lucky, and that's if they get it before their release date of may 2

Has anyone used Gamehubs.com previously?

I clicked on the link to register with them so I could order GTA 4 Xbox 360 edition and a huge warning message popped up from my Norton Internet Security as follows:

'Fraudulent Web Page Blocked

You attempted to access:

http://www.gamehubs.com/signup.html

This web page is a known fraudulent web page. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

For your protection, this web page has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security. '

For those who have ordered off this site already I hope this is not the case, but I felt safer ordering off eBay instead...

well, thats good news - my play-asia import of the US version is now been moved to "preparing order"... so looks like the game might be shipping in the next 24 hours... woohoo!!! c'mon...fedex....
Nah, I doubt they'll get it too early, probably won't get the game until next week, perhaps this friday if you're lucky, and that's if they get it before their release date of may 2

According to their info page, a status of "preparing order" means:

Your payment has been cleared and we are preparing your order now. In most cases your order will be dispatched within the mentioned "ETA" as shown in your order details page. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your order has been sent out.

Just checked my online banking and yep, my credit card got debited today to the tune of AUS$62.63 (superb timing by Play-Asia, with our dollar still sitting just a tiny bit under its record peak :) )

They still give a shipping ETA of "on or before" 2nd May.