Importing Gta Iv?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my copies of GTA from PlayAsia today.

Shipped on May 6th, Delivered May 8th.

Used UPS, but with $10 discount coupon then it all worked out in the end.

Tried the online and it works great, so no problems whatsoever with the import version.

Edited by Psygnosis

Got my copies of GTA from PlayAsia today.

Shipped on May 6th, Delivered May 8th.

Used UPS, but with $10 discount coupon then it all worked out in the end.

Tried the online and it works great, so no problems whatsoever with the import version.

Yep, same, works fine. Joined a mates game and hes running a local version, so its all good ....

Needed to patch the game first to i think 1.01, but no problem at all ....

Yep, same, works fine. Joined a mates game and hes running a local version, so its all good ....

Howdy ledge - have you got the US, or PAL (Euro) version? For most other games, PAL are typically always on the same game servers & US are seperate...

Howdy ledge - have you got the US, or PAL (Euro) version? For most other games, PAL are typically always on the same game servers & US are seperate...

Asian,Singapore 18+ copy. Region2, which would align with the US version i think.

I havent actually tried to join any servers yet, just hooked up with a friend in a private game. Ill try the game servers, and see

what comes up ....

I dont have my playasia copy yet - posted on May 2 so I hope it comes today, if not a long weekend out it

Does the game auto patch when it starts or is the patch for online only?

I dont have my playasia copy yet - posted on May 2 so I hope it comes today, if not a long weekend out it

Does the game auto patch when it starts or is the patch for online only?

hi,

the game doesnt auto patch, a screen will appear telling you that there is an update available. Around 18meg,

doesnt take a few minutes on a cable connection.

The patch apparently addresses server issues mainly. Altho even if your only playing single player you still need to install

the update.

Edited by ledge

Can anyone offer answers for these questions for GTA4 on PS3:

1. Does anyone know what is missing in the local version?

2. For imports does anyone know what the impact / difference would be between the U.S. PS3 version and the U.K. PAL PS3 version?

Thanks in advance - I need advice deciding which to buy - Damn those classification people!

Difference between UK and US version will be the ability to play on an old crappy PAL TV or not :P That's about it.

I got the UK version just so it's fully compatible with everything.

There's really not much lacking from the local version, nothing that would decrease the quality of gameplay, but I'm damn sure going to have the full title no matter what!

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Play-Asia and got their copy sent by normal post received it yet?

It's not turned up here.

Mine was shipped 02/05 from playasia via normal post. My wife informs me that it has arrived today, i've informed her that she can forget about watching tv tonight!! i'm in melbourne by the way

Edited by Oxamus

Mine was shipped 02/05 from playasia via normal post. My wife informs me that it has arrived today, i've informed her that she can forget about watching tv tonight!! i'm in melbourne by the way

I am in Sydney. Hopefully it is in a distribution centre and being prepared for delivery tomorrow.

Enjoy the game!

Edited by mavster