Pioneer Kuro 508xda Waiting Room

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there were a better option to waiting it out, I would have got my money back a long time ago. Right now I'm just traversing that grey area between amazement and annoyance. Thinks - "All good things to those who wait...."

When I spoke to the JB sales guy about my delivery status, he said I'm not the only one annoyed at Pioneer's delivery schedule. Despite that, he said not one cancelled their order though.

So yes, "all good things to those who wait...."!! ;)

What sort of DVD and sound system set up would I need to get the best from the 508xda?

I've recently purchased a 5.1 Pioneers sound system (amp, sub woofer, speakers) set up so I presume I'd need to connect the TV via optical cable to the amp?

Also my DVD is just a standard one (not HD, no upscaling capability) - I presume I need to get a new DVD player that should be connected via a HDMI cable to get the best from this TV?

No point having Pioneer wall mount the TV with cables suitably hidden in the the wall cavity only to forget a cable and have to put a cable through myself later. As you can probably tell I'm not the most technologically advanced :unsure:

Thanks

NEWS!!

JB Marion have rung and said the Plasma's are in and expect a call from Pioneer within 24 hours to arrange delivery and installation! :D

Thats about the best news ive heard in 8 weeks.. yet to hear from them about mine yet.

Rang Pioneer and they were pretty useless (that is why I rang), but to cut a long story short, installation is booked in for tomorrow at 11:30. It was either then or next week, so I am ducking home from work.

I had ordered 10/04.

man, ive been reading these boards daily, been waiting for mine ordered at JB's elizabeth in adelaide in early april (told it would be 1-2 weeks :-()

haha, now im excited watching my phone checking for updates here etc, but im sure this week will come to an end and ill still be as unsatisfied as the virgin mary

lol, waiting in anticipation!

Rang Pioneer and they were pretty useless (that is why I rang), but to cut a long story short, installation is booked in for tomorrow at 11:30. It was either then or next week, so I am ducking home from work.

I had ordered 10/04.

October 2004 !!! now thats the longest yet !!!! :lol::P

Now thats patience

Edited by tigers68

TICK......TICK......TICK........ C'mon!!!! Where's MY phone call ????????

Anyone bought from MYERS Pacific Fair(Gold Coast) and received a call reguarding delivery?

I've got a feeling theres going to be some activity in the 'waiting room' soon. :D

You are dead right, got call from CA Capalaba.

:D My screen is in, install Wednesday. Ordered 1st May.

You are dead right, got call from CA Capalaba.

:D My screen is in, install Wednesday. Ordered 1st May.

thats excellent news , the wait will be worth it i guarantee it. although my guarantee is only valid for 10 minutes and cannot be extended

Hey guys,

I ordered mine back in April 15th, people who ordered theres on the 10th of April or beforehand will or should have theres. I have a feeling we all might be waiting at least another 2-3 weeks. Its a shame because excitement has now just turned to frustration. Surely JB could of been up front that it was going to take longer than the 2-3 weeks as they quoted.

Have any members dealt with any sales reps @ Myer in Civic, Canberra..?

I don't want to go into too much detail, lets just say I went into the store back in March to purchase over $10K worth of gear (508 XDA and LX508 included) and am just now finding out (by going into the store to check on the order status) that NOTHING has been ordered..!

So any experiences that you may have had would be greatly appreciated.

You can either send me a PM or email me at igor.causoski@three.com.au

Cheers,

Well the wife has called, the TV is installed, and in her opinion looks a lot better then the plasma it has replaced.

The installers put the hard word on her for a new cable to the foxtel box to improve the picture quality (surely this is an oxymoron); they wanted $180 for this cable! Must have magic faries in it or something...

:-)

So, have to wait to see the new screen....c'mon 4:00pm... :-)

I don't want to go into too much detail, lets just say I went into the store back in March to purchase over $10K worth of gear (508 XDA and LX508 included) and am just now finding out (by going into the store to check on the order status) that NOTHING has been ordered..!

I don't want to go into the details either but let's just say -

Did you pay for the stuff or they were going to order stock for the store ?

Did you have a receipt with any dates on it ?

Did you check back regularly ?

What are we supposed to make out of this post ?

All installed and it looks great!

Now time to the the owners thread.

Just wondering, before you called them yesterday did you know that yours was in stock or had you heard nothing and calling them got you an answer?

just thinking of pestering them myself now......

Guest EZYHD
The installers put the hard word on her for a new cable to the foxtel box to improve the picture quality (surely this is an oxymoron); they wanted $180 for this cable! Must have magic faries in it or something...

Its not uncommon I can tell you....

Just wondering, before you called them yesterday did you know that yours was in stock or had you heard nothing and calling them got you an answer?

just thinking of pestering them myself now......

I knew that the screen was in but was waiting on the speakers which they said would be in this week. JB called yesterday to say expect a call from Pioneer, that is when I called then myself rather than waiting. I also knew I was 2nd in queue for the JB orders.

I knew that the screen was in but was waiting on the speakers which they said would be in this week. JB called yesterday to say expect a call from Pioneer, that is when I called then myself rather than waiting. I also knew I was 2nd in queue for the JB orders.

cool thanks for the quick response

i might call pioneer myself then and just see if I can be a squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

SUcks that its due to the speakers, i went out and bought a nice new onkyo 605 amp and a Klipsch qiuntett III system with 10 inch sub, i dont need the tv's speaker lol

off to make a call - lets see how this goes :-)

just called them and said i dont need speakers etc im just after the screen and they said that they dont have and table stands and that they have 101 screens and 372 speakers currently available. She said the ones getting delivered now would be the wall mounted ones etc and that they have an ETA on more table stands of next week but stressed that it was only an estimation at this point.

the lady (jean) also said that they are expecting multiple shipments of screens speakers and stands etc over the next few weeks and that they expect the backlog to be resolved by the end of June.

of note was that they didnt have my details in the system :-( but she suggested that JB's just havent passed them on and that they will only do so when pioneer send JB the stock. At which point JB's will give them their customer details of who to send to and they do that in the order of when the order was placed.

i called JB's and they confirmed this, the Elizabeth store is only waiting on 4 screens, mine is number 3..... still just have to wait