Pioneer 508xda And Sbs Hd

the problem seems to be getting worse on mine...despite not 'sharing' the antenna.

Sometimes, say when switching from INput back to channel 7 HDTV, the Pio just enters this 'black screen' for ages. I have to try other channels and then come back to 7HD

The retuning still happens on both SBS stations as well

no word from Pioneer on a solution. wonder if they'll care now that the set is no longer made?

I think they will have to care. as it is not considered a normal operation of a TV and therefore would need to be fixed or replaced for another. Maybe wait a few more months and get a new one from Pioneer !! :) Yes i know i'm dreaming

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will have to care. as it is not considered a normal operation of a TV and therefore would need to be fixed or replaced for another. Maybe wait a few more months and get a new one from Pioneer !! :) Yes i know i'm dreaming

We wait a few more months until there's no more 508XDA around. So the only 50" available are the LX. :rolleyes:

Keep dreaming!! :lol:

Or maybe our 508XDA gets replaced just b4 the warranty ended and we get the 509XDA. :lol:

Regards

Cabernet

We wait a few more months until there's no more 508XDA around. So the only 50" available are the LX. :rolleyes:

Keep dreaming!! :lol:

Or maybe our 508XDA gets replaced just b4 the warranty ended and we get the 509XDA. :lol:

Regards

Cabernet

yeah lets aim for that !! :P

although i cant see myself wanting to trade this one in - how much better could it possibly be !!

No XDAs in the 509 model range...? :unsure:

I thought Pioneer were only building 1080p plasmas once the current 508/428XDAs runout?

No XDAs in the 509 model range...? :unsure:

I thought Pioneer were only building 1080p plasmas once the current 508/428XDAs runout?

You are right there is no 509XDA. That means the closest replacement will be the LX 50" (8th or 9th Gen)

Cabernet

You are right there is no 509XDA. That means the closest replacement will be the LX 50" (8th or 9th Gen)

Cabernet

hi cab,

hows the sync issue?

i noticed it did it twice on SBS last night when i was watching Myth busters, its the first time i had seen it more than once. Also it did it on the standard SBS channel which is the first time for that one too. Have logged a call to them today

Hi Guys,

To all that are having re sync issues with the 508xda.

I today reported the issue to Pioneer of re syncing on SBS and 7.

They said that they had no exisitng reports of issues with 7 - only re sync with SBS and also some sound issues with ABC (hadnt heard of the ABC one).

He said that the SBS issue was the priority. He stated that they are still awaiting information regarding a fix from Pioneer Japan (only for the SBS issue).

I am sure i have read here that some owners were having the issue with 7 also and had reported it. If this is the case please contact Pioneer to advise the issue (even if you already have) as they will act in order of importance and one reprtoing of this issue isnt enough for prompt attention.

I spoke to a fellow called Michael.

Thanks

Edited by spalmills

Hi Guys,

To all that are having re sync issues with the 508xda.

I today reported the issue to Pioneer of re syncing on SBS and 7.

They said that they had no exisitng reports of issues with 7 - only re sync with SBS and also some sound issues with ABC (hadnt heard of the ABC one).

He said that the SBS issue was the priority. He stated that they are still awaiting information regarding a fix from Pioneer Japan (only for the SBS issue).

I am sure i have read here that some owners were having the issue with 7 also and had reported it. If this is the case please contact Pioneer to advise the issue (even if you already have) as they will act in order of importance and one reprtoing of this issue isnt enough for prompt attention.

I spoke to a fellow called Michael.

Thanks

Thanks Spallmills for the update. Compared to SBS resyncing which is annoying and irritating C7 is just an occassional itch.

The SBS resyncing always seems to be happening at the right/wrong time such as when a goal is coming. I am sure it's just a coincidence. :lol:

Note: I reported SBS problems about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for the Japs to come out with a fix.

Regards

Cabernet

hi spalmills

that's interesting that Pio claimed they hadn't heard of the Channel 7 problem before...

I just spoke to them yesterday afternoon and reported the problem I have with SBS and Channel 7 HD (for the 3rd time!)

They acknowledged that both these channels have caused problems around Australia.

I actually find the 7 ('Prime' in the ACT) problem worse than the SBS. For me it actually loses the channel altogether sometimes, forcing me to either switch off the TV, or change channels. The reception I get is as strong as any other channel...

cheers

satz

hi spalmills

that's interesting that Pio claimed they hadn't heard of the Channel 7 problem before...

I just spoke to them yesterday afternoon and reported the problem I have with SBS and Channel 7 HD (for the 3rd time!)

They acknowledged that both these channels have caused problems around Australia.

I actually find the 7 ('Prime' in the ACT) problem worse than the SBS. For me it actually loses the channel altogether sometimes, forcing me to either switch off the TV, or change channels. The reception I get is as strong as any other channel...

cheers

satz

It surprised me too !!

I reckon it will have to be a replacement tuner card.

had my antenna changed with new cabling and connectors but have experienced this problem both on & and SBS!

hi monte, was that supposed to say 7 and sbs?

Where abouts are you?

Edited by spalmills

hi monte, was that supposed to say 7 and sbs?

Where abouts are you?

hey spalmills, yes channel 7 & SBS.

I'm is the south east..and tested out an external SD and HD STB and could not replicate the resynching. unless the Jap engineers can figure a way to de-sentitize the internal tuner by a software update, a harware fix will have to occur.

hey spalmills, yes channel 7 & SBS.

I'm is the south east..and tested out an external SD and HD STB and could not replicate the resynching. unless the Jap engineers can figure a way to de-sentitize the internal tuner by a software update, a harware fix will have to occur.

Thanks Monte

I hooked up a HD STB a couple of weeks ago without any issues.

Have you reported this also?

Guest techman100

I have spken to Greg the warranty manager for Pioneer Australia and they have found the problem and new firmware should be ready within the next two weeks I have the LX508A and only have problems with SBS

I have spken to Greg the warranty manager for Pioneer Australia and they have found the problem and new firmware should be ready within the next two weeks I have the LX508A and only have problems with SBS

thanks for the info techman, the concern i have with this is that it may only correct the SBS issue and not the 7 issue , going by what i was told by Pioneer yesterday - they were only working on a fix for SBS and didnt know of an issue with 7. To the contrary that other members have stated they had reported the 7 issue also !!

Lets wait and see

thanks for the info techman, the concern i have with this is that it may only correct the SBS issue and not the 7 issue , going by what i was told by Pioneer yesterday - they were only working on a fix for SBS and didnt know of an issue with 7. To the contrary that other members have stated they had reported the 7 issue also !!

Lets wait and see

Most people are only reporting the SBS issue as it's an on-going problem while watching the channel. Most people don't notice the single re-sync when you switch to 7HD, so they're not reporting it. As far as I know, Pioneer are only looking for a fix for the SBS re-sync issue and the ABC sound issue. They've sent off their test data to the Japan engineers and are awaiting a fix.

Most people are only reporting the SBS issue as it's an on-going problem while watching the channel. Most people don't notice the single re-sync when you switch to 7HD, so they're not reporting it. As far as I know, Pioneer are only looking for a fix for the SBS re-sync issue and the ABC sound issue. They've sent off their test data to the Japan engineers and are awaiting a fix.

yes this is what i was told yesterday. But if others are having the 7 issue whether its once or multiple times , they need to report it.