Pioneer 508xda And Sbs Hd

Ok, just got of the phone from Pio Tech.,

They suggested to me to clear all my digital channels and do a auto install of my digital channels and see how i go.

He also told me they have referring it to their Engineers in Japan for investigation. He asked me if i was watching HD SBS news at the time, as some people have said it only happens to them when watching HD SBS news and said to him i was watching Mythbusters at the time.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested again this morning - turned the tv on went to sbs hd , did the same thing.

But then i changed to other channels and back to sbs about 10 times and didnt do it once.

I know if i get a pio technician out here it will not do it when i need to show someone.. :(

You really need to leave the set on SBS for a while. Sometimes mine doesn't do it for half an hour and then it is continuous. Other times it does it from the time I change to SBS. Whichever time frame it chooses from then on it is not worth watching SBS because it continually drops outs. http://www.dtvforum.info/style_images/1/fo...icons/icon7.gif

http://www.dtvforum.info/style_images/1/fo...icons/icon7.gif

Edited by bantam

Thanks Bantam. have to say that i havent watched much SBS if at all. Although i did watch some shows that are on Saturday night _ "Gangs" (or something like that) and Commando. But cant remember if was on ABC HD or SBS HD , no issues watching those if they are on SBS

Edited by spalmills

Thanks Bantam. have to say that i haven't watched much SBS if at all. Although i did watch some shows that are on Saturday night _ "Gangs" (or something like that) and Commando. But cant remember if was on ABC HD or SBS HD , no issues watching those if they are on SBS

I watch a fair amount of SBS so It is usually on for several hours a day. This is why I can say quite categorically that on my (two) 428xda's it has been a problem of mammoth proportions. I will try KOAZ's solution and see if that helps. So far I have only done manual scans. My aerial and signal are ok (had them checked) and I can see the Selby translator tower from where I live.

I watch a fair amount of SBS so It is usually on for several hours a day. This is why I can say quite categorically that on my (two) 428xda's it has been a problem of mammoth proportions. I will try KOAZ's solution and see if that helps. So far I have only done manual scans. My aerial and signal are ok (had them checked) and I can see the Selby translator tower from where I live.

I think i read somewhere that this method had been tried without success.

If Pioneer are awaiting advice on the issue then it wouldnt be a fix to the problem I wouldnt have thought.

Edited by spalmills

It would be interesting to know how many Pio XDA or LX owners are having this HD SBS or SBS issue/problem, that we have been experiencing or is it just a few panels that this is happening on?

I for one have this issue on SBS and HD SBS.

koaz

It would be interesting to know how many Pio XDA or LX owners are having this HD SBS or SBS issue/problem, that we have been experiencing or is it just a few panels that this is happening on?

I for one have this issue on SBS and HD SBS.

koaz

There must be a few if Pioneer Aust have brought it up with Japan. If they only had one or two complaints they might have blown it off as a signal reception issue.

Can you tell me what your signal is showing on the info screen when you view sbs and when it re synchs?

There must be a few if Pioneer Aust have brought it up with Japan. If they only had one or two complaints they might have blown it off as a signal reception issue.

Can you tell me what your signal is showing on the info screen when you view sbs and when it re synchs?

spalmills

I am at work at the moment, but will check signal strenghts tonight on SBS and HD SBS and report back.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

I'd say it hasn't really been a "big" issue as most people don't watch SBS. I personally watch "Top Gear" and that's it for SBS.

If it was channel 7, 9 or 10, I am sure it would have already got as lot of coverage. Good to see they admit the problem and working on a fix.

I'd say it hasn't really been a "big" issue as most people don't watch SBS. I personally watch "Top Gear" and that's it for SBS.

If it was channel 7, 9 or 10, I am sure it would have already got as lot of coverage. Good to see they admit the problem and working on a fix.

Dont watch much of it either but i am sure there will come a time.

Well you guys can add my name to this list.

Last night trying to watch a documentary on SBS at 10:30 all I got was this issue over and over again and I couldn't watch it in the end because it was so bad.

Like most of you I have seen it on odd occasions on other channels but nothing major but SBS can be impossible at times.

I sure hope they fix it because SBS does have good shows you know and that is one reason I bought this TV, to be able to enjoy FTA (if that's possible).

Having owned my plasma for a week I am a little disappointed by this, probably because of all the hype about quality and being built in Japan. Also the fact that this panel has been on sale for 7 months+ and the problem still exists? makes me think it will never be fixed.

Edited by marsupial

spalmills

Signal strength on HD SBS and SBS was showing Top green bar and i checked all the other digital channels and i got the same reading: Top green Bar signal strenght.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

Well you guys can add my name to this list.

Last night trying to watch a documentary on SBS at 10:30 all I got was this issue over and over again and I couldn't watch it in the end because it was so bad.

Like most of you I have seen it on odd occasions on other channels but nothing major but SBS can be impossible at times.

I sure hope they fix it because SBS does have good shows you know and that is one reason I bought this TV, to be able to enjoy FTA (if that's possible).

Having owned my plasma for a week I am a little disappointed by this, probably because of all the hype about quality and being built in Japan. Also the fact that this panel has been on sale for 7 months+ and the problem still exists? makes me think it will never be fixed.

Marsupial or anyone with the same issue.

I suggest calling Pio Tech. support (1800 988 268) and tell them of your issue.

The more people they get calling they will then have to take this as a real/serious problem/issue and give it some priority.

FWIW: I cleared all my digital channels as requested to do by the pio tech. and did a auto install of my digital channels and same problem exsists. But i will try to do this again over the long weekend and report back.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

I know that i have already written about this in another thread already but i think it is more relevant in this thread.

Please see comments from dvduser in the link below on the 2nd page.

http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/index.php/t65338.html

dvdusers' configuration is:

Aerial -> 508xda Ant In, 508xda Ant Out -> 5490 Ant In, 5490 Ant Out -> Amp FM In.

He is NOT using the analogue tuner on the 508xda at all.

He is NOT having any SBS/HD SBS re-sync issues at all.

I am just trying to see if the analogue tuner may be causing issues with SBS and HD SBS, trying to elimiate all possible issues.

My configuration is:

Aerial -> Pana DMR-EX75 Ant In, Pana DMR-EX75 Ant Out -> 508xda Ant In, 508xda Ant Out -> Analogue Ant In.

Has anyone else got a similar/same configuration setup to dvduser who is NOT having any re-sync issues with SBS.

Or like myself who is having SBS/HD SBS re-synch issues.

Also it would be interesting to hear from other 508 owners that are NOT using the internal analogue tuner if they are having issues with SBS/HD SBS or NOT? If they can confirm one way or the other that would be good.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

Is that because he's only using the digital tuners in the Strong PVR and not the Pioneer?

diesel

he writes and i quote his replies in bold to my questions:

So when you go via the internal 508 tuner and watch SBS or HD SBS you do not get any re-synch issues with these channels? - correct, been on SBS for nearly the past hr or so to make sure it is working OK.

If you do not mind over the long weekend can you check to see if you do get this problem using the internal tuner on SBS or HD SBS. Would be interesting to see your findings/outcome - checked this out as the 1st thing after installation as I had read about it here.

As you are not using the analogue tuner on the 508xda at all - correct, Analogue is greyed out in the Menu as the loop is not connected.

koaz

Edited by KOAZ

No, use both - with the 508 tuner for normal viewing no SBS problems encountered so far

dvduser,

Did you have to wait for your Pio 508XDA to arrive from the shipment that arrived in Australia on the 11th of April from Japan by any chance. Mine got installed on the 16th of April.

koaz

dvduser,

Did you have to wait for your Pio 508XDA to arrive from the shipment that arrived in Australia on the 11th of April from Japan by any chance. Mine got installed on the 16th of April.

koaz

Not as far as I know, but I could be wrong - CP Richmond said they had heaps in their warehouse and AFAIK I got one of those - ordered Wed 16/04 & installed Wed 23/04

Not as far as I know, but I could be wrong - CP Richmond said they had heaps in their warehouse and AFAIK I got one of those - ordered Wed 16/04 & installed Wed 23/04

thank you for your quick reply, all i am trying to do is find a common link somewhere with this SBS Saga.

Seems strange is it's only affected the X08 models as I couldn't imagine them tweaking the tuner from the X07 models. I don't recall this ever being discussed as an issue with the X07 models

I also don't think this issue exists on the 508XDA in Europe or the equivalent 5080HD in the USA.

Looks like it is a SBS/Pioneer issue only. SBS has always been a pain in the rear.

I also don't think this issue exists on the 508XDA in Europe or the equivalent 5080HD in the USA.

Looks like it is a SBS/Pioneer issue only. SBS has always been a pain in the rear.

it has been reported by others on 7hd also

Edited by spalmills