Sign in to follow this  
e.z

Freeview Australia

It looks like their channel order are wrong in the 'our channels' section.

ABC2 is no longer channel 21

Channel 22 & 23 are not ABC Radio (it's channels 200 and 201)

Channel 31 isn't SBS World News

Channel 32 & 33 is not SBS Radios (it's channels 38 & 29)

The 2009 coming soon section

Channel 1 is for TEN HD only (I assume that TEN 2 could be channel 11 or making it logical by putting it on 12)

Seven 2 should be 72

Nine 2 should be 92

Who knows what will happen.

at the moment there's a lot of misinformation but once the website is up and running, it might be more accurate.

Anyone noticed that this site is now KAPUT if you simply enter "www.freeview.com.au". All you get is a blank screen with 2 words "Coming soon"

Edited by holdencaulfield2007

Anyone noticed that this site is now KAPUT if you simply enter "www.freeview.com.au". All you get is a blank screen with 2 words "Coming soon"

look at post 48.

look at post 48.

Sorry about that but post 48 was a bit cryptic, anyway the point is that you can still access the website but just not the way you could previously.

Thats mine!

Cryptic?! Huh?

I didn't say it was cryptic, I understood it perfectly fine, it was holdencaulfield2007 who called it cryptic because he didn't understand it.

I didn't say it was cryptic, I understood it perfectly fine, it was holdencaulfield2007 who called it cryptic because he didn't understand it.

holdencaulfield2007 has kicked himself up the bum as punishment for causing confusion!

Well I dont think they would go mpeg4 without quite a bit of notice. Otherwise a lot of people with digital tvs, stb and pvr would be a bit upset.

Absolutely - but that's exactly what I meant.

If they make mpeg4 a part of "Freeview approved" set top boxes, then in 4 years time the TV channels might start broadcasting mpeg4.

Anyway - if it costs much extra to add, when it couldn't be used for 4 years anyway, then it's worthless.

Absolutely - but that's exactly what I meant.

If they make mpeg4 a part of "Freeview approved" set top boxes, then in 4 years time the TV channels might start broadcasting mpeg4.

Anyway - if it costs much extra to add, when it couldn't be used for 4 years anyway, then it's worthless.

Its not something freeview can decide by itself in terms of what is the broadcast spec.

And I doubt they would force players to have mpeg4 if that hasnt been agreed to be a broadcast standard here.

I can see what you are getting at, its just that its not something freeview (ie the commercial stations) can just decide on their own. They can only transmit signals that are approved and thats a govt decision, although one done with help of the industry. But a given station can just decide on their own to go to mpeg4.

It's now listing the correct LCN's for most stations, the only incorrect things are it says PRIME's LCN's start with 7, and it makes out that WIN is available throughout NSW, I.e. doesn't List NBN for Northern NSW and it says SC10 has LCN's starting with 1

Freeview is a company owned and run by its shareholders – ABC, SBS the Seven Network, the Nine Network, Network Ten, Prime, WinTV, Southern Cross and Imparja. <----- Does this mean they would stop Digital 44 from entering the marktet? I know D44 is nothing special, but just curious