Sign in to follow this  
e.z

Freeview Australia

AFL is better!!!! :P

you seriously need to be forced to watch NRL for a a few months, after that, you'll discover the truth that NRL is better :P

you seriously need to be forced to watch NRL for a a few months, after that, you'll discover the truth that NRL is better :P

NRL RULEZZZZZZZ :D

No thanks, I spent 3 years living in Sydney even went to a few games (uncle works for Sharks) and went to some storm games while living in Melb - if it wasn't for the hot cheer leaders prancing around i'd never go to another A$$ pluggers anonymous game ever; watching it on TV sucks even more cause you dont get to see the cheer leaders!

What a great way to kill a topic.

go find a sports forum to have your petty arguments on.

ahaha, soz

hmm, no one is talking about freeview on page 16 :S

ummm, what are the chances of them leaving TenHD, OneHD, (0neSD or 10SD) :S,, nawww i liked TenHD

why cant they have Ten, TenHD and OneSD instead?????? :(

Probably because they believe they will gain more market share through sports than filling up the HD channel with cheap repeats

Personally I wish they put on some first run shows like Dollhouse and other sci-fi stuff. I don't care if it's not HD... would just be good to see shows that have a low but loud audience membership given a chance, without the pressures of having to match up with "ratings season" shows.

ahaha, soz

hmm, no one is talking about freeview on page 16 :S

ummm, what are the chances of them leaving TenHD, OneHD, (0neSD or 10SD) :S,, nawww i liked TenHD

why cant they have Ten, TenHD and OneSD instead?????? :(

At the moment they show The Simpsons on TenHD but unlike the standard dewf channel instead of shrinking the picture at the end so they can play ads they play the closing credits full screen. WooHoo!!! :D

NRL RULEZZZZZZZ :D

I think the round ball rules ALL

Soccer is best

I think the round ball rules ALL

Soccer is best

round ball.... isn't that cricket?

Or if it's not then it's gotta be beach volleyball.

Now let's have more ladies beach volleyball on tv... you want to tell me nrl is better than ladies beach volleyball???

Bad news for Freeview today - the truth about it is getting out.

They still can't get that TEN channel listing graphic right, what hope is there for the actual service when something as simple as that has been wrong ever since the FV website started and no one seems interested in fixing it? I've seen so many supposed "start dates" for One HD/SD it's not funny. Most say April, one the other day (on Freeview member SBS I think it was) said March, now this article says "between April and June". Why should anyone get excited about new channels when Seven and Nine refuse to say when they'll start theirs or what will be on them and TEN tell us it's gonna be great mate, 24 X 7 sport (sports you ain't never heard of too!) but can't say when exactly they'll start broadcasting? The ABC and SBS's new channels are dependent on getting government funding and so may never actually appear. Why would any manufacturer bother producing Freeview EPG compatible gear under these circumstances? It's a total mess.

They still can't get that TEN channel listing graphic right, what hope is there for the actual service when something as simple as that has been wrong ever since the FV website started and no one seems interested in fixing it? I've seen so many supposed "start dates" for One HD/SD it's not funny. Most say April, one the other day (on Freeview member SBS I think it was) said March, now this article says "between April and June". Why should anyone get excited about new channels when Seven and Nine refuse to say when they'll start theirs or what will be on them and TEN tell us it's gonna be great mate, 24 X 7 sport (sports you ain't never heard of too!) but can't say when exactly they'll start broadcasting?

In the official channel 10 announcement they said "2nd quarter", and I THINK they said "start of...", but I'm not absolutely sure. In any case, all these other (i.e. non-10) sources are reporting different dates which all (except March) fit into "2nd quarter". 10 haven't made any subsequent announcement saying the date has changed, so I don't think anything has changed (it's just a matter of whether they said "start of..." or not), except for who's reporting what (which wasn't always correct to begin with anyway).

Just read the article and, as usual, the reporter didn't even have the facts right. e.g. it says the only new channel is SD, "called 'One'", but it's a new HD channel, OneHD (with an SD mirror for those without a HD tuner), which is replacing the existing 10HD (which has already had all of it's non-sport HD-only content taken off, ready for the launch of OneHD in a few months).

As usual, if you want "the truth", you have to go to the source (e.g. a 10 website) - journo's wouldn't know what the truth was if it bit them on the bum.

afl, nfl, nrl, soccer... it doesn't matter. FREEVIEW Australia is

NOTHING compared to what other countries have. we're still

waaay behind other nations when it comes to entertainment.

15 channels is nothing. :(

I got a funny feeling the Seven Network will launch their channel first some time in feb - march followed by TEN in April (as we all know) then NINE. I could be wrong, but my suspicion.

based on when the HD Multichannels started?

also that 7 didn't announce their multichannel till the day it started!