Sign in to follow this  
e.z

Freeview Australia

has anyone ever thought that maybe that site name was registered way before freeview was even discussed about here in Australia? To me it looks like a little runt teenager decided to make that site as i only hear kids using the word "blah" i do not think that site is for real, the Nine Network wouldn't destroy its reputation with a pathetic site like that surely?

has anyone ever thought that maybe that site name was registered way before freeview was even discussed about here in Australia? To me it looks like a little runt teenager decided to make that site as i only hear kids using the word "blah" i do not think that site is for real, the Nine Network wouldn't destroy its reputation with a pathetic site like that surely?

I wondered the same myself. It does look very amateurish. But Kenneth's post verifies the domain does belong to the FTA industry group.

Nope, never thought that at all... Whois is your friend! (BTW, I use blah blah blah all the time, and I'm 55.)

<EDIT: Damn, somebody else did a whois too, sorry).

(Asked whois.ausregistry.com.au:43 about freeview.com.au)

Domain Name: freeview.com.au

Last Modified: 10-Apr-2008 00: 41: 01 UTC

Registrar ID: Melbourne IT

Registrar Name: Melbourne IT

Registrant: FREE TV AUSTRALIA LTD <----------------------------------------

Registrant ID: ACN 101842184

Eligibility Type: Company

Registrant ROID: C2183222-AR

Registrant Contact Name: FREE TV AUSTRALIA LTD

Registrant Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Tech ID: 3459766466

Tech Name: Rhonda Brown

Tech Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Name Server: ns1.optus.net.au

Name Server IP: 202.139.83.3

Name Server: ns2.hostworks.net.au

Name Server IP: 202.58.32.2

Name Server: ns1.telstra.net

Name Server: ns1.hostworks.net.au

Name Server IP: 202.58.32.1

Edited by hobotivo

ok who is the runt that works for free tv australia that done that website? cmon put your hand up :)

maybe someone hacked Free TV Australia, made a website while they were at it using Free TV's name and made the error pages redirect to 9?

well if thats the case we will soon find out as i sent an email to free tv australia about the website..

why haven't any of us thought of this before? :P

It is actually 'Lorem ipsum'

Dummy text for test websites; ie. when you create a website with out any content from the client you insert Lorem ipsum dummy text to fill in areas needed of content.

Google 'Lorem ipsum' and you can find a generator for paragraphs, sentences etc. :)

there's some updates on the webpage as of today; try some of the links

About Freeview

Freeview is the Free–to–Air Digital TV platform that provides viewers with great TV for free.

With over 10 great channels including 3 in High Definition, Freeview already provides a wide choice of TV viewing and superior picture and sound quality – and there's still more to come – with another 5 channels commencing in 2009.

Edited by e.z

there's some updates on the webpage as of today; try some of the links

About Freeview

Freeview is the Free–to–Air Digital TV platform that provides viewers with great TV for free.

With over 10 great channels including 3 in High Definition, Freeview already provides a wide choice of TV viewing and superior picture and sound quality – and there's still more to come – with another 5 channels commencing in 2009.

looks like the email worked then

jeez, would i love to see freeview by satellite. i can only dream of that

Yeah,

"With over 10 great channels including 3 in High Definition, Freeview already provides a wide choice of TV viewing and superior picture and sound quality – and there's still more to come – with another channels 5 channels commencing in 2009."

So that's 15 Channels then...

So I'm assuming probably ABC3, 7 Digital 2 and Digital 3, one from 9 and one from 10 (I'd wager 2 from 7 as they already have 7 Digital 1-3 on the EPG)

Edited by jchowland

Yeah,

"With over 10 great channels including 3 in High Definition, Freeview already provides a wide choice of TV viewing and superior picture and sound quality – and there's still more to come – with another channels 5 channels commencing in 2009."

So that's 15 Channels then...

So I'm assuming probably ABC3, 7 Digital 2 and Digital 3, one from 9 and one from 10 (I'd wager 2 from 7 as they already have 7 Digital 1-3 on the EPG)

I'm assuming maybe ABC3, ONE more SD channel from the three commercial networks each and another one from SBS (maybe SBS HD). I'm really surprised the Nine Network is taking part in this since they were against multichannelling from the beginning. Foxtel must be feeling betrayed, hehe

Actually, i just thought of something else;

i hope that those 15 channels will not be with the inclusion of C31 and Digital 44 channels

Edited by e.z