Freeview Australia

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latin? lol i so don't get the point of that. if the page is stil under construction, i'd rather have it closed until it's completed. if that's going to be the official freeview website, can't wait to check it out once it's finished properly

latin? lol i so don't get the point of that. if the page is stil under construction, i'd rather have it closed until it's completed. if that's going to be the official freeview website, can't wait to check it out once it's finished properly

yeah, I copy and pasted to tool that guesses what language it is I put in, it came up latin.

Unfortunately, I can't find a translator for Latin to English.

Hehe: "Freeview is blah blah Freeview is blah blah"

They may as well keep it that way, it's not like they are going to put anything more informative there. :D

lol, i like your sense of humour. it's very much like mine sometimes

but in all seriousness; anyone reckon that this whole freeview marketing is going to be successful? geez, i'd hate to see those foxtel-like ads everywhere: every website you open, you see a foxtel banner, you travel by public transport you're bound to see foxtel advertisements and you can't even open a newspaper or magazine without expecting a foxtel ad

i wonder what 2009 has to offer when it comes to freeview

every website you open, you see a foxtel banner,

Not if you know what to do :winky:

you travel by public transport you're bound to see foxtel advertisements and you can't even open a newspaper or magazine without expecting a foxtel ad

And you can't even open your letterbox these days without something in there about foxtel.

Just really nice to see that Nine has taken the initiative... Given that it's the Only TV network who has stated that they don't like the idea of Multichanneling, one of the primary reasons that Freeview was introduced in the UK (to increase overall spectrum available for multichannelling!)

Yeah, that Foxtel Advertising is 'cause they have to spend their money somewhere!

Edited by jchowland

And you can't even open your letterbox these days without something in there about foxtel.

If anyone wants a good laugh they should go along to an information session for prospective Foxtel Salespeople. I went to one a couple of years ago out of curiosity and I have never laughed so much. The totally unbelievable, unrealistic, over hyped gibberish they spruiked to the poor saps that had gone along thinking that they were going to some sort of job interview was incredible. You would have thought that they were providing an essential service the way they were hyperventilating. It reminded me of the pseudo religious fervour of an Amway convention that I have seen in a couple of documentaries about that allegedly life changing detergent company.

Edited by holdencaulfield2007

personally I do agree that it is unprofessional for it to be accessible but really apart members here that actually know about freeview and randomly typed in the address apart from that I don't really think It's a problem if it looks unprofessional because people will want free tv anyway and will adopt it if they want it no matter what the website looked like before the website was advertised and the service launches

Now doesn't seeing Latin take you back to your old school days?

Latin is a dead language,

As dead as it can be.

First it killed the Romans,

and now its killing me.

DV

The words are nonsense, but as Micro$oft say on their support website;

Although the phrase is nonsense, it does have a long history. The phrase has been used for several centuries by typographers to show the most distinctive features of their fonts. It is used because the letters involved and the letter spacing in those combinations reveal, at their best, the weight, design, and other important features of the typeface.

A 1994 issue of "Before & After" magazine traces "Lorem ipsum ..." to a jumbled Latin version of a passage from de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum, a treatise on the theory of ethics written by Cicero in 45 B.C. The passage "Lorem ipsum ..." is taken from text that reads, "Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit ...," which translates as, "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

During the 1500s, a printer adapted Cicero's text to develop a page of type samples. Since then, the Latin-like text has been the printing industry's standard for fake, or dummy, text. Before electronic publishing, graphic designers had to mock up layouts by drawing in squiggled lines to indicate text. The advent of self-adhesive sheets preprinted with "Lorem ipsum" gave a more realistic way to indicate where text would go on a page.

Edited by digital viewer

has anyone ever thought that maybe that site name was registered way before freeview was even discussed about here in Australia? To me it looks like a little runt teenager decided to make that site as i only hear kids using the word "blah" i do not think that site is for real, the Nine Network wouldn't destroy its reputation with a pathetic site like that surely?

has anyone ever thought that maybe that site name was registered way before freeview was even discussed about here in Australia? To me it looks like a little runt teenager decided to make that site as i only hear kids using the word "blah" i do not think that site is for real, the Nine Network wouldn't destroy its reputation with a pathetic site like that surely?

I wondered the same myself. It does look very amateurish. But Kenneth's post verifies the domain does belong to the FTA industry group.

Nope, never thought that at all... Whois is your friend! (BTW, I use blah blah blah all the time, and I'm 55.)

<EDIT: Damn, somebody else did a whois too, sorry).

(Asked whois.ausregistry.com.au:43 about freeview.com.au)

Domain Name: freeview.com.au

Last Modified: 10-Apr-2008 00: 41: 01 UTC

Registrar ID: Melbourne IT

Registrar Name: Melbourne IT

Registrant: FREE TV AUSTRALIA LTD <----------------------------------------

Registrant ID: ACN 101842184

Eligibility Type: Company

Registrant ROID: C2183222-AR

Registrant Contact Name: FREE TV AUSTRALIA LTD

Registrant Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Tech ID: 3459766466

Tech Name: Rhonda Brown

Tech Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Name Server: ns1.optus.net.au

Name Server IP: 202.139.83.3

Name Server: ns2.hostworks.net.au

Name Server IP: 202.58.32.2

Name Server: ns1.telstra.net

Name Server: ns1.hostworks.net.au

Name Server IP: 202.58.32.1

Edited by hobotivo

ok who is the runt that works for free tv australia that done that website? cmon put your hand up :)

maybe someone hacked Free TV Australia, made a website while they were at it using Free TV's name and made the error pages redirect to 9?

It is actually 'Lorem ipsum'

Dummy text for test websites; ie. when you create a website with out any content from the client you insert Lorem ipsum dummy text to fill in areas needed of content.

Google 'Lorem ipsum' and you can find a generator for paragraphs, sentences etc. :)