Sign in to follow this  
str0be

Harmony 525 $74

Just looked at the Dick Smith catalogue and noticed the harmony 525 remote for $74 - thats if anyone is looking for it..

In other news.. just got me a Sharp 52" LCD.. LC-52PD7X - picked it up for $3500, and getting an Onkyo 605 in a few weeks too :D - now all i need is for my house to be finished so i can put it in..

Also, is the 525 harmony any good for teh above equipment?

That's an excellent deal for the Harmony 525. I have the Harmony Xbox 360 remote which is pretty similar - just a slightly different button arrangement. I've had it for about 2 years now and couldn't live without it. Definitely go for it! They have thousands of devices on the database, even the crappy Chinese no-name brands.

d-store had it for $47 plus post the other day. cost me around $60 delivered. keep an eye out there.

I bought my remote last night.. only issue im having with it is when im using it for foxtel, every time i use channel up or press anything, it sends the command twice when i press the button once, has anyone else had this issue?

I bought my remote last night.. only issue im having with it is when im using it for foxtel, every time i use channel up or press anything, it sends the command twice when i press the button once, has anyone else had this issue?

You can probably sort it out fairly quickly and painlessly via the Troubleshooter.

Edited by Colin 2905

very hazy here, but you can fix it somehow.

something along the lines of going to the setup for that device and adjusting the sensitivity to 1 or 0 (i think it was zero for me)

I know thats not much help, but for the life of me i cant remember anything else other than it can be done!

If you troubleshoot the device, you'll get an option of "XX responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally" and you should be able to change the amount of repeats the comand is sent. Try reducing it by 1.

Thanks for the assistance guys, i have set the sensitivity to 0, and the problem is still occuring :( does any one have any more ideas on this??

Thanks for the assistance guys, i have set the sensitivity to 0, and the problem is still occuring :( does any one have any more ideas on this??

Not sure if this is the same as the 'sensitivity' setting ?

When I press the Volume, Channel or Direction buttons, they move by two or three steps. Why?

Cause

This issue happens when the Infrared(IR) repeat settings for your device are too high.

Solution

In order to resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

Click the Devices tab on the home page.

Click the Troubleshoot beside the appropriate device.

Select Show me more problems and click Next.

Select Device does not appear to receive every command correctly and click Next.

Select The device responds too much to some commands (for example, volume up increases the volume too quickly and click Next.

Lower the repeat value. The default is 3. Click Save.

After you have adjusted the Repeat settings and you have made all the changes you wish to make, click Update Remote to save these changes to your remote.

Note: If you still experience the same results, lower the Repeat setting again.

If you troubleshoot the device, you'll get an option of "XX responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally" and you should be able to change the amount of repeats the comand is sent. Try reducing it by 1.

:rolleyes:

Or, you could try reading mykonos's post if you don't like mine... :blink:

Edited by Gutty

Yep, bought one too.

I was not impressed with the crappy build quality. It feels really cheap.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with it.

Yep, bought one too.

I was not impressed with the crappy build quality. It feels really cheap.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with it.

Had mine for a couple of years and yes I agree, the numbers and silver coating on the buttons has rubbed of mine now. I've always dislkied (but gotten used to to some degree) the feel of the channel & volume +/- and activity buttons.

I've been looking at upgrading to the Harmony 785 with the 6 activity colour screen - currently $189 at JB here in Canberra.

Any one familiar with the differences?

Umart Online in Brisbane (look under Keyboards on their menu!) have the 525 for $65 and the 785 for $172.

Had mine for a couple of years and yes I agree, the numbers and silver coating on the buttons has rubbed of mine now. I've always dislkied (but gotten used to to some degree) the feel of the channel & volume +/- and activity buttons.

I've been looking at upgrading to the Harmony 785 with the 6 activity colour screen - currently $189 at JB here in Canberra.

Any one familiar with the differences?

Biggest difference is, build quality, recharging base, and the addition of the "favourite channels" feature. I have a 785, and would never even consider the 525 simply for the favourite channel feature.

Hi Strobe,

I had the same problem, I email Logitech Support desk and clearly explained my problem and they fixed the problem in less the 24 hrs.

Hope this helps.