Toshiba Redemption Titles

With the original two HD-DVDs in the box (Bourne/300) and the 5 requested discs arriving Swordfish, Black Rain, Children Of Men, Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift & The Prestige I think I had accidently bought Black Rain again whilst on holiday at a sale at Borders! eBay beckons that one!

This looks like a US UK redemption :)

Edited by darthhasbro

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the UK redemption (am I posting in an Australian specific redemption thread?), there were three tiers of choices, with choose two discs from the first two and one disc from the last. Some of the others on the offer were The Corpse Bride, World Trade Centre, Troy, Full Metal Jacket (I had bought and sold the 1080i converted original USA version and had bought the new version), Serenity, Chronicles Of Riddick, The Incredible Hulk, Dreamgirls.

Yes mate, this is an Australian foum

It was the UK redemption (am I posting in an Australian specific redemption thread?), there were three tiers of choices, with choose two discs from the first two and one disc from the last. Some of the others on the offer were The Corpse Bride, World Trade Centre, Troy, Full Metal Jacket (I had bought and sold the 1080i converted original USA version and had bought the new version), Serenity, Chronicles Of Riddick, The Incredible Hulk, Dreamgirls.

UK posters are very welcome so don't be put off, it was just not very clear from your post that you were from the UK and most of the discussion about redemptions is Aussiecentric because that is what most forumites are waiting on. Are there major delays in Britain with redemptions too?

UK posters are very welcome so don't be put off, it was just not very clear from your post that you were from the UK and most of the discussion about redemptions is Aussiecentric because that is what most forumites are waiting on. Are there major delays in Britain with redemptions too?

Thanks for the welcome, I just jumped in without announcing the UK thing. Interesting to hear about the Australian redemption going so slow - I hadn't fully realised how long folk had been made to wait. My UK redemption discs were a little late, and ironically I was in Sydney for 5 (gloriously record breaking sunshine) weeks throughout March, and was very worried that Postie would not hang onto them for me (and return them all to Toshiba). Had a sack of mail waiting for me on my return to the UK, and they were all in there luckily.

Borders at Westfield Bondi Junction had one raft of titles on sale at $6.99, then added a few more in a second wave when I was there. In the UK the shelves have pretty much been full priced for HD-DVD still (like that Monty Python parrot, they must not realise it has died!). I also noticed Virgin in Australia would not put the titles on sale, and one Virgin AV saleslady in Myers @ Bondi (who was an Australian Idol finalist, now having left the Show Biz!) said their policy was to return the HD-DVDs at some point, and she meant they were stocked as sale or return. Maybe that is what the Australian Redemption hold-up is - they are waiting for that allocated stock to be returned?!!!

Purchased my XE-1 in december. Sent off the enclosed cards for firmware update and redemption titles - received firmware disc but no sign of redemption discs. Guess who will never be buying anything made by Toshiba again.

Thanks for the welcome, I just jumped in without announcing the UK thing. Interesting to hear about the Australian redemption going so slow - I hadn't fully realised how long folk had been made to wait. My UK redemption discs were a little late, and ironically I was in Sydney for 5 (gloriously record breaking sunshine) weeks throughout March, and was very worried that Postie would not hang onto them for me (and return them all to Toshiba). Had a sack of mail waiting for me on my return to the UK, and they were all in there luckily.

Borders at Westfield Bondi Junction had one raft of titles on sale at $6.99, then added a few more in a second wave when I was there. In the UK the shelves have pretty much been full priced for HD-DVD still (like that Monty Python parrot, they must not realise it has died!). I also noticed Virgin in Australia would not put the titles on sale, and one Virgin AV saleslady in Myers @ Bondi (who was an Australian Idol finalist, now having left the Show Biz!) said their policy was to return the HD-DVDs at some point, and she meant they were stocked as sale or return. Maybe that is what the Australian Redemption hold-up is - they are waiting for that allocated stock to be returned?!!!

All of us are aware that Toshiba have stock (or at least seem to)

as they have sent quite a few parcels out.

What is p***ing us off is that they are going

to all the players that were purchased after they dumped the format.

All the people who were advocates and supporters of the HD DVD

format and purchased players before the dump n burn

are the ones left waiting for the Redemption titles.

As stated by CHESTY - it's a principal thing as many of us already own the

some of the titles that are supposed to be coming.

YAWN

DATE MODEL NO SERIAL NO STATUS

06/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

13/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY APPROVED. Redemption claim has been validated and approved.

25/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered.

SIGH :(

25/01/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

06/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY APPROVED. Redemption claim has been validated and approved.

25/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered.

17/03/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

11/04/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY APPROVED. Redemption claim has been validated and approved.

17/04/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered.

13/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

26/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY APPROVED. Redemption claim has been validated and approved.

03/03/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered.

Finally have just received

American Werewolf In London

Ant Bully

Batman Begins

Fast and The Furious - Tokyo Drift

Miami Vice

Polar Express

The Holiday

The Hulk

V For Vendetta

06/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY SLD7200419 RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

13/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY SLD7200419 APPROVED. Redemption claim has been validated and approved.

25/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY SLD7200419 FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered

If they have just sent out them for someone whose fulfilment was 03/03/2008 not to long until they

work backwards to us.

Although I would be happy to get that selection of titles, because some can be sold above $10

Well blow me down, just got my titles!!

Ant Bully

Batman Begins

Polar Express

Miami Vice

The Holiday

V for Vendetta

American Werewolf

Fast and Furious

Hulk

Was Fulfilment in Progress 25/2 and submitted late January

Well you are officially expelled from the "Where's my titles,Toshiba you Bastards !' club,

sub chapter "Are Redemption Selections Enough" or ARSE for short

Well you are officially expelled from the "Where's my titles,Toshiba you Bastards !' club,

Yep, its a club I am happy to leave....finally. :D

I would like to nominate myself as President of said club :ninja:

My dates are very close to Chesty's so here's hoping

Edited by Jutta

Ant Bully

Batman Begins

Polar Express

Miami Vice

The Holiday

V for Vendetta

American Werewolf

Fast and Furious

Hulk

Hey Chesty, have they added a line to their on-line status saying "redemptions sent" or similar??

Like all the other Feb 25, fulfillment in progress guys... I'm still waiting and got the same old 45 days brushoff too.

Pfeff

Hey Chesty, have they added a line to their on-line status saying "redemptions sent" or similar??

Like all the other Feb 25, fulfillment in progress guys... I'm still waiting and got the same old 45 days brushoff too.

Pfeff

No, same old same old.

Well I'm guessing Andrew hasn't got his yet. :unsure:

Knowing his luck he'll be the last one to get his. :blink:

28/01/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY SLD7200468 RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

05/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY SLD7200468 APPROVED. Redemption claim has been validated and approved.

25/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY SLD7200468 FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered.

:angry: