Toshiba Redemption Titles

Do these people have any money in their budget? Which company in their right mind would want all these angry customers. The status not showing on their website? Are these people running a two bob company? It just adds insult to injury that these people have sold us a worthless product in that it is obsolete a few months after forking out a few hundred bucks.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will now have to resign my membership of the 25/2 club as my titles showed up today

As this was only an E1 redemption I don't have to tell you what titles I got

And one of them was a bloody slider to boot!

Hopefully this means the rest of the 25/2 cub will receive their titles soon...

:)

I'm another in the 3/3 list

16/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY RECEIVED. Online Claim has been successfully submitted.

29/02/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY APPROVED. Supporting documents received and validated. Claim approved.

03/03/2008 HD-XE1-K-TY FULFILMENT IN PROCESS. Money orders/Redemption item(s) being ordered.

I'd mostly forgotten about the redemption titles as it's been quite a while since I sent off the documentation, but remembering about it this morning and seeing how long it has been really is a bit of a kick in the pants - for both those waiting on titles, and quite a lot of peoples' perception of Toshiba..

:(

Edited by Arc

I give up.

What's a slider?

MrHP

It was a SF series that was released on HD as a secret disc :D

Actually it is a disc that has come loose in its packaging and slides about.

• Volunteer
A slider is when you receive a nice sealed HD DVD and the clip on the case that holds the disc in has busted and the disc is 'sliding' around inside...

Ah ok, yep I had a couple of those, very annoying, luckily the discs weren't damaged.

Getting a slider is better than getting a Logans Run - a disc that is trying to escape it's packaging

Although not as good as getting a Twighlight Zone - a disc that turns up that you don't remember ordering

Edited by kopthat

If it's any consolation to people waiting on titles, my barely used Toshiba EP10 is dead already.

So after a couple of movies and a season of Nip Tuck, it decided to pack its bags and go on a holiday.

Thanks Toshiba! Hopefully you'll be kind enough for warranty.

On that note, I wonder how they'll cope with the next 2 years of warranty complaints. :)

Guest techo_freak

Looks like their online contact form is FUBAR, I got a delay message and today got a failure message.

Pretty poor form!

Thanks for posting the number above, I might call and abuse them tomorrow!

guys

what is the number again for toshiba customer service etc?

cheers

James

They don't have a number for customer service. That would assume they service customers, which clearly they don't.

Sunday I sent the following note to Toshiba via the redemption email address that I've had replies from, so hopefully someone will read and forward to a manager...

Please pass this email on to Toshiba senior management,,,

As a former advocate of HD DVD and Toshiba, I am very disappointed in the lax and disorganised procedures you are following in the issuance of your redemption titles. To be fulfilling coupons of more recent dates and holding back for earlier purchases as you are doing is not only disloyal to your customers, it is damaging and to some irreparably, the image and reputation of Toshiba. The quotation of your redemption policy is nothing more than ridiculous under these circumstances. This issue is a subject getting significant attention on the DTV HD DVD forum as can be seen from this link:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=64271

If you have any regard to your company, I suggest the employee reading this email should pass this on to your senior management. At the time of writing, some 60 purchasers have registered that they are still awaiting their redemptions, 42 from the same date as mine, ie 25/2.

Any company so disregardful of its customers as this, doesn’t deserve my business and to this end, I advise that I have already discounted the purchase of Toshiba notebooks for my company (I am GM and all IT purchases require my authorisation) and I have now instructed our Office Manager to disregard any proposals from Toshiba for the upcoming replacement of our head office copier (expected cost to you of approximately $35-40K). This decision will only be rescinded if I and my fellow members of the DTV forum awaiting their redemptions receive immediate satisfaction of their well overdue claims, and I receive a reasonable explanation as to what has caused this delay.

In closing I found it disappointing that Toshiba gave up the fight for HD DVD, but as a businessman I understand the realities of commerce, but to so appallingly handle a simple redemption process and allowing it to damage your company’s reputation as it is doing is incomprehensible to me. I would be interested in hearing your take on this issue.

No read receipt or reply to this moment...

Cheers All,

Pfeff

Sunday I sent the following note to Toshiba via the redemption email address that I've had replies from, so hopefully someone will read and forward to a manager...

As a former advocate of HD DVD and Toshiba, I am very disappointed in the lax and disorganised procedures you are following in the issuance of your redemption titles. To be fulfilling coupons of more recent dates and holding back for earlier purchases as you are doing is not only disloyal to your customers, it is damaging and to some irreparably, the image and reputation of Toshiba. The quotation of your redemption policy is nothing more than ridiculous under these circumstances. This issue is a subject getting significant attention on the DTV HD DVD forum as can be seen from this link:

If you have any regard to your company, I suggest the employee reading this email should pass this on to your senior management. At the time of writing, some 60 purchasers have registered that they are still awaiting their redemptions, 42 from the same date as mine, ie 25/2.

Any company so disregardful of its customers as this, doesn’t deserve my business and to this end, I advise that I have already discounted the purchase of Toshiba notebooks for my company (I am GM and all IT purchases require my authorisation) and I have now instructed our Office Manager to disregard any proposals from Toshiba for the upcoming replacement of our head office copier (expected cost to you of approximately $35-40K). This decision will only be rescinded if I and my fellow members of the DTV forum awaiting their redemptions receive immediate satisfaction of their well overdue claims, and I receive a reasonable explanation as to what has caused this delay.

In closing I found it disappointing that Toshiba gave up the fight for HD DVD, but as a businessman I understand the realities of commerce, but to so appallingly handle a simple redemption process and allowing it to damage your company’s reputation as it is doing is incomprehensible to me. I would be interested in hearing your take on this issue.

Cheers All,

Pfeff

Cheers All,

Pfeff

Pfeff

Good letter, i find when i need to get through i find the name of the most senior person (GM, cant remember his name but is easy enough to find, Mark Whitford) then send a fax, no body in the company will be game to ignore it. It will go straight to his PA and be actioned. This approach never fails me.

Good luck & yep i am waiting on two redemptions (late) but would much rather see them fulfiled in order of purchase.

Just displaying here that have not received my 10 HD DVD redemption titles yet.

I purchased my XE1 on 25 Jan 08.

Redemption status was approved via email on the 7 Feb 08.

Since then I have made 2 enquiries to Toshiba redemptions prompted by reading this topic.

Mid-March I sent them an email asking about dwindling titles and what other replacement titles were there ?

I also rang them a couple of days ago reminding them when will they be sent ?

Both replies were courteous and helpful but they still have not arrived.

Will keep watching here..........................

[uPDATED]

Toshiba Redemption Waiting Lists ..... your call is important to us, please wait in the queue until we call you

25/02 Club members

1. kman72

2. akseland

3. adhock

4. bbar

5. pfeff

6. ozivillan

7. jutta

8. mr-happy-pants

9. david robinson

10. STiScott

11. vieira4

12. ministry

13. AndrewW

14. Trigg

15. Struggo

16. Reijo

17. trofius

18. Foggy

19. Anthonyw

20. mrol

21. HAL@2001

22. chipy2k

23. john

24. gib_oz

25. austin316

26. ausnew

27. trekkie

28. kopthat

29. kiwimeat

30. Junkyard

31. darthhasbro (received 20/5)

32. mchuelio

33. goldgxl (x2)

34. goldgxl (x2)

35. InterestedUser

36. dat

37. Kadachi

38. anotherdavid

39. Kjay

40. RezoN_8

41. Craig_H

42. ecksfacta

43. yorac

44. philby85

45. ozynigma

46. o{O}o

03/03 Club members

1. treepble

2. techno freak

3. coops22

4. peterjcat

5. danielm

6. dama

7. SDL

8. Bargey

9. George2

10. Greebs

11. jb0767

12. KPL69

13. Mallrat

14. crtlover

15. souljah_adam

16. dogsrus

17. Dice

18. blairy

19. Arc

11/04 Club

1. g_briz

2. Submariner

3. clay tone

17/04 Club

1. AndrewW

Cheers All,

Pfeff

Pfeff..

Thanking you for an excellent and appropriate enquiry e-mail on behalf of all of us waiting for our redemptions. I am sure it will draw a quick response and we'll all be seeing our HD titles arriving soon.

Just previous to me posting this I was in contact with Toshiba myself over the phone and spoke to the English gentleman, Tim. I was asking for the the terms and conditions as it appears they have taken them down for our promotion. I was wanting to know when I would be receiving my HD titles. Anyway, one thing led to another and my claim was brought up on screen. He said I should have received them by now but their was some sort of ' system glitch ' and a number of people have not yet had their titles sent to them, he apologized for the delay. Whether that is true or not.... ! who knows..? So, he said that he would manually get onto my claim today and I should have them in around 7-10 days but very likely a lot sooner. We'll see if I get my titles in a few days / early next week or at the same time as other 25/02 redeemers.

He said they stopped ordering titles sometime ago and it's just what's left over..!

Thanks again Pfeff.

Akseland