Blu Ray Bargains Thread

JB - buy one get one free this weekend. Bluray and 4k !

Also on Amazon...

Amazon AU Prime Day deals

Star Wars Complete Saga (DIGISTACK) (9 DISC) (Blu-ray) $51 (approx after 40% off for AU Prime members)

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01A9R71RS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dn.kDbPW0CAX0

The Lord Of The Rings: Trilogy (Extended Editions) (15 Discs) (Blu-ray) $48 (after 40% off)

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0776K3MFX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1p.kDb1H5ZGYS

Today only, lots more titles

Edited by Snoopy8

20% off at JB until Sunday. 4K UHD, Blu-ray & DVD.

On 15/07/2019 at 1:34 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Amazon AU Prime Day deals

Star Wars Complete Saga (DIGISTACK) (9 DISC) (Blu-ray) $51 (approx after 40% off for AU Prime members)

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01A9R71RS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dn.kDbPW0CAX0

The Lord Of The Rings: Trilogy (Extended Editions) (15 Discs) (Blu-ray) $48 (after 40% off)

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0776K3MFX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1p.kDb1H5ZGYS

Today only, lots more titles

....and if you take second copies of those middle three Star Wars films, you get an extra 40% off!

..........just kidding 

20% off at JBHiFi on DVD, Blu-ray & 4K UHD until Sunday 27th.

34 minutes ago, groovem said:

20% off at JBHiFi on DVD, Blu-ray & 4K UHD until Sunday 27th.

The real deal is when you combine it with the 2 for $40 and 2 for $50 but in QLD, many stores are out of the Steel Box versions (which will end up costing the same as the non steel box version in the 2 for... offer). 

2 for $40 with the 20% off works out to $16/UHD. not a bad haul. I did end up paying for shipping because the nearest pick up point with all the titles I wanted was in Victoria! :D

Must get a 4k player

39 minutes ago, Batty said:

Must get a 4k player

Even if you don't already have one.. a large proportion (not all - so best to check the packaging) of UHD titles include a BluRay copy of the movie so you can just get your collection ready for UHD. 

That being said - more and more guys I know are just getting their movies off iTunes. Some of the offers are pretty good and the new releases (re-releases) have been getting UHD HDR/Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos visual and audio upgrades. For one thing, the deals can be really good (Spiderman 1-3, Amazing Spiderman 1-2 and Homecoming all for under $50 with UHD HDR and Dolby Atmos). And second of all, if you ever purchased the movie off iTunes in the past (at DVD or 1080p quality, you will get the upgraded 4K version when they become available) - makes guys who double/triple/quadruple dip their purchases on LaserDisc, DVD, HD DVD, BluRay and now UHD look like suckers

I have 2 Blu ray disks :)

I normally buy the disc version in 4K if it is available. If it's only available here on Blu-ray or only on DVD, and Apple TV (used to be iTunes) have it on 4K, I'll buy the digital version.

Even if you don't already have one.. a large proportion (not all - so best to check the packaging) of UHD titles include a BluRay copy of the movie so you can just get your collection ready for UHD. 

That being said - more and more guys I know are just getting their movies off iTunes. Some of the offers are pretty good and the new releases (re-releases) have been getting UHD HDR/Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos visual and audio upgrades. For one thing, the deals can be really good (Spiderman 1-3, Amazing Spiderman 1-2 and Homecoming all for under $50 with UHD HDR and Dolby Atmos). And second of all, if you ever purchased the movie off iTunes in the past (at DVD or 1080p quality, you will get the upgraded 4K version when they become available) - makes guys who double/triple/quadruple dip their purchases on LaserDisc, DVD, HD DVD, BluRay and now UHD look like suckers

I get disappointed in the AQ from a lot of apple TV digital downloads. I much prefer hard media

30% off DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD until January 1 at JB. Excludes boxsets and the current buy 1 get 1 free promotion.

30% off DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD until January 27 at JB. It's like Groundhog Day!

20% off DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD until March 4. There is also a coupon for an extra 10% off today only if you are a subscriber to JB's newsletters.

20% off DVD, Blu-ray and 4KUHD at JB until 30 June.

30% off at JB for BD/4K and box sets until 18 July.