Blu Ray Bargains Thread

I went in store and there were 4-5 4K titles available but most were stripped off the shelf (staff said Blurays in general were going out the store like hot cakes 

only 2 I wanted Baby Driver and Mummy (new version)

I managed to get a few blurays in store for Christmas pressies. All marvel movies as they are never this cheap

Guest EZYHD

The Rocky Mountain Express 4K UHD Blu-Ray disks (2) arrived from Amazon USA yesterday in just a week, says NTSC on box/disks but low an behold it is PAL too, anyways popped disk into the new 4k player and wow was gobsmacked at the fantastic 4K video with brilliant detail and panoramic film taking, we could not take our eyes off it and what a great story it is too. Highly recommended for train buffs or not.

https://tinyurl.com/yb9opjmp

1 hour ago, EZYHD said:

The Rocky Mountain Express 4K UHD Blu-Ray disks (2) arrived from Amazon USA yesterday in just a week, says NTSC on box/disks but low an behold it is PAL too, anyways popped disk into the new 4k player and wow was gobsmacked at the fantastic 4K video with brilliant detail and panoramic film taking, we could not take our eyes off it and what a great story it is too. Highly recommended for train buffs or not.

https://tinyurl.com/yb9opjmp

I got this too, looking forward to watching over the break. Thanks fir heads up

20% off is back @ JB;

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/

... haven't checked for extra member discount yet.

I'm pretty sure last year though they had a B1G1F sale, which was much better than 20% off and similar to the BigW 50% off if matching similarly priced titles in pairs.

Just scored a nice $100 Amazon voucher, so maybe will pick up some there too over Xmas/NY sales.

JSmith :ninja:

JB always have a 20% off sale between Boxing Day and New Years Day. 

JB, 20% off until Sunday.

Also an extra 15% off Aussie movie titles with emailed voucher.

JSmith :ninja:

20% off at JB HiFi until Sunday 4 March, there is also a coupon for those who subscribe for tomorrow 2 March only for an extra 10% off.

7 hours ago, groovem said:

20% off at JB HiFi until Sunday 4 March, there is also a coupon for those who subscribe for tomorrow 2 March only for an extra 10% off.

Pity all the 4K UHD's I want are still too pricey even with the discount :(

9 hours ago, groovem said:

Gorged on 10 BDs with coupon. Thank you. :):thumb:

4 hours ago, muriwai said:

What titles snoop?

Been neglecting movies for quite some time so catch up. Wonder Woman, Baby Driver, Dr Strange, La La Land, Lion, Spider Man Homecoming, Independence Day Resurgence, John Wick 2, Kong Skull Island, Scully

19 hours ago, groovem said:

Thanks for the heads up Groovem... off to JB right now. :D

13 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Thanks for the heads up Groovem... off to JB right now. :D

You are slow... :P

2 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

You are slow... :P

Yeah but I already have all the ones you purchased except for Baby Driver, La La and Scully. :D

JB's are getting worse by the month. I imagine a few others got the email yesterday with the 20% off Blu-ray plus the 5% coupon. Nice of them to have the 20% only until the 30/3 (today), which of course they are closed. Anyhow I decided to purchase a few online for delivery (something I have done many times before) and was surprised to see after adding a number of selections a warning in the checkout advising that one or more items could not be delivered to my address. Spent ages trying different things, removing blu-rays, addng different blu-rays, changing address etc. The only way I could not have the warning in the checkout was to have an empty checkout. So be it JB's, one empty checkout for you!

It was nice to see that Amazon AU have started price matching and all their prices were the same as JB's with the 20% applied. And when I ordered some from them and considered I got free postage - where JB's charges 1.69 per item, I realised the postage saved me more then the extra 5% coupon at JB's would have.

Seems to me Amazon won't need to do much to become a success in Australia, they just have to sit there and watch the competition destroy themselves.

7 hours ago, Parsec said:

JB's are getting worse by the month. I imagine a few others got the email yesterday with the 20% off Blu-ray plus the 5% coupon. Nice of them to have the 20% only until the 30/3 (today), which of course they are closed. Anyhow I decided to purchase a few online for delivery (something I have done many times before) and was surprised to see after adding a number of selections a warning in the checkout advising that one or more items could not be delivered to my address. Spent ages trying different things, removing blu-rays, addng different blu-rays, changing address etc. The only way I could not have the warning in the checkout was to have an empty checkout. So be it JB's, one empty checkout for you!

It was nice to see that Amazon AU have started price matching and all their prices were the same as JB's with the 20% applied. And when I ordered some from them and considered I got free postage - where JB's charges 1.69 per item, I realised the postage saved me more then the extra 5% coupon at JB's would have.

Seems to me Amazon won't need to do much to become a success in Australia, they just have to sit there and watch the competition destroy themselves.

Not to mention some of their idiotic preorder prices. $53 for ready player one? WTF?

You did realise you could use click and collect and simply go into the store today at no extra cost?

i did that on 4K versions of Thor, Justice and SWTLJ all 3 for $85

The closest JB store to me is not very big and often doesn't contain a lot of stock, if it's not a blockbuster then you got a slim chance of it being in stock. Oddly enough they seem to carry a lot of DVD's though. Thus why I have done online orders in the past. Otherwise I guess that I'd be waiting quite awhile before I could collect.

I live near a JB Superstore yet they rarely have 4K's in for collect. Strangely other smaller JB's around always seem to have them. Weird.

JB has 2 for $50 4K, some decent titles if you haven't already got them, just need a 20% off sale now!

Edited by Priory

Sanity has 2 for $40 on UHD movies so even better than JB :)

20% off DVD's, Blu-ray, and 4K at JB HiFi now on. Finishes on Sunday.

Hi Guys ,

Buy one get one free on some UHD and Bluray titles on Amazon.com.au

https://www.amazon.com.au/b/ref=mh_5637335051_is_pn_2?node=5637335051&qid=1525955642&tag=ozbargain-22&ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A4852264051%2Cn%3A!4852269051%2Cn%3A!4852271051%2Cn%3A5637335051&page=3

I grabbed 6 X UHD Movies for $ 67.Roughly $11 per UHD disk.

Cheers ,

Gill

4 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Hi Guys ,

Buy one get one free on some UHD and Bluray titles on Amazon.com.au

https://www.amazon.com.au/b/ref=mh_5637335051_is_pn_2?node=5637335051&qid=1525955642&tag=ozbargain-22&ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A4852264051%2Cn%3A!4852269051%2Cn%3A!4852271051%2Cn%3A5637335051&page=3

I grabbed 6 X UHD Movies for $ 67.Roughly $11 per UHD disk.

Cheers ,

Gill

Thanks mate. Got my first 10 UHD 4K Blu Rays for $123.33 delivered :)

ALIEN: COVENANT
Apollo 13
Serenity
Oblivion
Ghost in the Shell
BLADE RUNNER 2049
Batman Begins
Interstellar
Dark Knight Rises
Inception

Discount doesn't show up until you hit Proceed to Checkout.

Mare sure it says See order summary for discounts applied

Delivery may take a while.

Edited by br0d0