Sign in to follow this  

Blu Ray Bargains Thread

Well without actually ordering anything you can get as far as selecting it and completing the checkout with free shipping so I'd say they just haven't fixed it up yet. Surely they can't make you pay for shipping afterwards because of a fault on their end?

I just placed an order and the shipping was still free! :)

The info page still states the offer end on the 31st of October so I don't know if it's the info page that needs to updated or the shipping system.......

Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion sale is LIVE once again

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Criterion-...ions/379003202/

The following new releases will be part of the sale on the day they hit:

Fanny and Alexander Box Set (November 8)

Three Colors Trilogy (November 15)

The Rules of the Game (November 15)

And here are some codes, I can confirm the 10% off one works fine but haven't tried the rest:

Non-member with Amex 20% off one item: B9B4H4W

10% off entire order online until 11.09.11 :B3P8E4D

7% off entire order after that: E7E4K8K

Credit to blu-ray.com forums for those codes

Very tempted to get the Colours Trilogy - it would be a blind buy though...

EDIT: What does Not member with AMEX" mean? Is that american express?

Edited by brake

Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion sale is LIVE once again

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Criterion-...ions/379003202/

The following new releases will be part of the sale on the day they hit:

Fanny and Alexander Box Set (November 8)

Three Colors Trilogy (November 15)

The Rules of the Game (November 15)

And here are some codes, I can confirm the 10% off one works fine but haven't tried the rest:

Non-member with Amex 20% off one item: B9B4H4W

10% off entire order online until 11.09.11 :B3P8E4D

7% off entire order after that: E7E4K8K

Credit to blu-ray.com forums for those codes

Do you think it's better to order now or wait for the Black Friday Amazon sales

Do you think it's better to order now or wait for the Black Friday Amazon sales

Criterions WONT be on sale during the Amazon BF sales - so (with zero financial advice given here !) best to order now.... or wait til next year... this B&M sale is bi-yearly for the last few years.

Very tempted to get the Colours Trilogy - it would be a blind buy though...

A Colour blind buy :D (Insert little man playing drums)

Really tempted to get this and Fanny and Alexander, have them both on DVD so not sure if worth the upgrade.

A Colour blind buy :D (Insert little man playing drums)

Really tempted to get this and Fanny and Alexander, have them both on DVD so not sure if worth the upgrade.

haha, I think I might wait until the next 50% sale to get them

You need to open an iTunes account for the country the disc comes from.

Bottom right corner of the store change to the country you want

go to apps and find a free app, "buy" it and say you will sort out payment details at a future time, go through the remainder of the registration making sure to remember your username and password for THAT country store.

Once done you can log into that country's iTunes and download your digital copies.

Damn, I just downloaded the Windows version of Prirates 4 because it wouldn't let me download ITunes version!!

Figured better to have a copy before it expired!!! :mellow:

I know it maybe to early but has any one come accross any good prices on:

Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon

Cars 2

or seen them instore?

Guest PLG1962
I know it maybe to early but has any one come accross any good prices on:

Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon

Cars 2

or seen them instore?

as you said too early

"Amazon.co.uk offers FREE Super Saver Delivery to the following countries (offer ends October 31st, 2012)"

looks like it will be a Merry Christmas

The Walking Dead - Season 1 on Amazon UK just dropped to £10.49 (£8.74 or ~A$13.50)

It didn't stay that price for long: back up to £14.99 now.

Also it's only the 2-disc version: the USA has a 3-disc version with more extras (although it's much more expensive).

It didn't stay that price for long: back up to £14.99 now.

Also it's only the 2-disc version: the USA has a 3-disc version with more extras (although it's much more expensive).

More expensive it may be but it's not censored like the UK version...

Source: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=949636

We can now confirm what we were worried about: The UK Version released on Blu-ray equals the censored European pay-TV version of episode 2 and 5 which had been used for our comparisons. So the UK BD and probably the DVD as well are cut. Considered that, most likely every other European release in the next months will also only include the censored versions, taken from the same master.

At least this only concerns episode 2 and 5 and not episode 1 as well. Episode 1 had to be cut around 20 minutes for the European pay-TV airing. The UK BD includes the uncut pilot episode.

Edited by kurgan

Big W seem to have a big sale on right now. I picked up the BTTF Trilogy box set for just $32.72. Bargain!!

I think they're selling the SW Complete Sage for $88, and Jurrassic Park Set for $41. Pretty good prices I think.

Heaps of others going for under $10, and others under $15.

I reckon this sale is better than JB. might have to check if JB will price match :)

Big W seem to have a big sale on right now. I picked up the BTTF Trilogy box set for just $32.72. Bargain!!

this was the cheapest I grabbed this for.... showing not available at the moment........... but a few of us grab this a while back - http://shop.1wow.com.au/productcart/pc/BAC...Y-271p22594.htm

stick with us and we'll point out all the good bargains on here !

Edited by tonyjg

I think they're selling the SW Complete Sage for $88, and Jurrassic Park Set for $41. Pretty good prices I think.

Heaps of others going for under $10, and others under $15.

I reckon this sale is better than JB. might have to check if JB will price match :)

Only online though (+ $4 postage)... At least Jurassic Park set. Just price checked in store (Karingal), and was coming up as $55.

Only online though (+ $4 postage)... At least Jurassic Park set. Just price checked in store (Karingal), and was coming up as $55.

Same here. Just checked at my local Big W and it was just under $55. I left empty handed. I really only want the first movie anyway.

Andys.

Yeah i went to pick up the Star Wars set for $88 after seeing it online for that price with the "find in store" logo under it. No prices may differ etc under it like some products have in orange. Still no go they said it was 118. Bit of a waste of time. I wish they would make it totally clear which products are or are not those prices in store.

Strange that it's online only. I bought Back To the Future trilogy in store for $43. When I saw it online for $32, I just went back to the store and asked. They just refunded me the difference, which was great!

Yeah i went to pick up the Star Wars set for $88 after seeing it online for that price with the "find in store" logo under it. No prices may differ etc under it like some products have in orange. Still no go they said it was 118. Bit of a waste of time. I wish they would make it totally clear which products are or are not those prices in store.

I just bought it online for the $88.50 + $4 Postage

It will be less in a few weeks form amazon.