Blu Ray Bargains Thread

Ok i have visited 3 JB's near me and came out with This Is It and Basic Instinct both of which werent part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal lol

I wanted Payback which was $15 but was struggling to find any other titles i wanted :(

There were a few $15 titles,the usual ones and a couple of others

Payback

Contact

Tango And Cash

Swordfish

Bettle Juice

Out For Justice

Sphere

There were a few new releases included like Hangover,Monsters Inc and District 9 @ $35

The older Batmans were $20 each

Also not part of the deal but noticed that 2 out of the 3 stores i visited the James Bonds were $15.99 as was Basic Instint and Gran Torino

FYI Surrogates BD/DVD pack was $37 and This Is It standard and Steelbook were same price $34 and Collectors ED was $54

You really need to go and have a look yourself i guess it wasnt that al the titles were a rip off or bad its just i have most of what i want so there wasnt much for me although il probably go back and grab Payback at some stage as i try and match with a couple of other $15 and get 3 for around $30 :D

Cheers Ryan

Which stores did you check out? Were those $15 titles (payback, beatle juice contact etc) part of the B2G1F deal?

I popped in to a JB in brisbane city on the way home and saw that they had added a bunch more titles to the B2G1F bin than what was there yesterday, none of the titles were discounted though so i didnt make it a point to take note of to many titles, but they had:

Sin city

wall e

cars

disney pixar short stories

terminator salvation

kill bill

contact (23.99)

planet terror

avp 1 and 2 in a pack

any given sunday

Edited by brake

Where have you been Ducky?

got the sads :(

some things i want to change so much but can't :(

but still here :)

Yeah they were Brake and it was JB at Highpoint and DFO Essendon,both in Melbourne mate.

Gran Torino,Courage Under Fire,Basic Instinct were $15 along witha few others i hadnt seen before but they werent part of the deal but payback, beatle juice contact etc were :)

Cheers Ryan

Edited by Ryan

Yeah they were Brake and it was JB at Highpoint and DFO Essendon,both in Melbourne mate.

Gran Torino,Courage Under Fire,Basic Instinct were $15 along witha few others i hadnt seen before but they werent part of the deal but payback, beatle juice contact etc were :)

Cheers Ryan

thanks Ryan, hopefully they will scan up as $15

It's to bad at JB they never mark all the their sale items correctly like ones that are suppose to be $15 that you saw that weren't for me, i miss out on cheap titles thinking they are full priced, damn JB :(

Well there you go - storm that local Kmart - Sale starts Thursday 4th March!!!

Might have to bring the bundy trolly in with meh :lol:

Edited by stew181

JB HiFi have there buy 2 and 1 free blu-ray offer back again till 31st March.

Just look for the sticker

jbhifi_buy2blurayget1free.jpg

Saw 2 different prices for Observe And Report at JB, $19.98 and wait for it $39.98 both had the buy 2 get one free sticker.

I believe its region free. Go get 'em Ducky!

Thankyou :D:D:D

K marts specials as follows

$12

Courage Under Fire

Dare Devil

Kiss Of The Dragon

Predator 2

Rocky

Rocky Balboa

Phone Booth

Cruel Intentions

Tears Of The Sun

Babylon A.D.

Die Hard 1,2 and 3

Night Watch

Silence Of The Lambs

Above The Law

Perfect Storm

Eraser

Syriana

Bettle Juice

Poltergeist

Collateral Damage

The Fugitive

No Return

Postman

Sphere

Contact

Payback

Awake

Butterfly On A Wheel

$16

Beowolf

10,000 B.C.

Corpse Bride

Sweeney Todd

Batman(all 3 older ones)

Troy

Harry Potters(first 3)

Land Of The Lost

Death Race

$20

Redcliff

Push

Transporter

Knowing

WOrlds Fatest Indian

Crash

Two Hands

Butterfly Effect 1 and 2

Borat

Bourne Ultimatum

Nanny McPhee

Harry Potter Half Blood Prince

V For Vendetta

Might have to bring the bundy trolly in with meh :lol:

Just picked up Bettlejuice for $12 at K Mart in Warwick WA. I scanned a couple of the others and though they are stickered at stupid prices (Bettlejuice is ticketed at $25) but they appear to be already electronically marked down to sale day prices. So scan the ones of interest to you

My wife thought that we should give Beetlejuice a "miss" as the BluRay review says the BluRay version just shows all the faults in the original movie (hope not though), already have it on DVD and still enjoy it, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is better on Blu.

Maybe it is worth getting in today before the ones you want are gone.

Kicking myslef for buying Sphere from BIGW online for $20 delivered a couple pf weeks back. Today $12 at K Mart. I want a crystal ball! I am sure we have all done this.

Tried scanning some others I would like to see going at about $20 (Transformers, Star Trek, Monsters VS Aliens) and all are going for bargain basement prices around $40.

They appear to have put some stock in for this sale (for a change), so you may find one that is of interest.

Happy bargain hunting

Mark

just got the k-mart catalogue. seems there are quite a few blurays for $12. a bunch for $16 and some for $20 . sale starts tomorrow. too many to list . cant be bothered typing.

Edited by sol381

just got the k-mart catalogue. seems there are quite a few blurays for $12. a bunch for $16 and some for $20 . sale starts tomorrow. too many to list . cant be bothered typing.

Not to worry, someone else already went to the trouble on the previous page ;)

yeah just saw that mate.. teach me for trying to break old news.

Just picked up Bettlejuice for $12 at K Mart in Warwick WA. I scanned a couple of the others and though they are stickered at stupid prices (Bettlejuice is ticketed at $25) but they appear to be already electronically marked down to sale day prices. So scan the ones of interest to you

My wife thought that we should give Beetlejuice a "miss" as the BluRay review says the BluRay version just shows all the faults in the original movie (hope not though), already have it on DVD and still enjoy it, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is better on Blu.

Maybe it is worth getting in today before the ones you want are gone.

Kicking myslef for buying Sphere from BIGW online for $20 delivered a couple pf weeks back. Today $12 at K Mart. I want a crystal ball! I am sure we have all done this.

Tried scanning some others I would like to see going at about $20 (Transformers, Star Trek, Monsters VS Aliens) and all are going for bargain basement prices around $40.

They appear to have put some stock in for this sale (for a change), so you may find one that is of interest.

Happy bargain hunting

Mark

Thanks for that mate, gonna go to kmart this arvo!

Thanks for that mate, gonna go to kmart this arvo!

You can get most of these from JB in the buy 2 get 1 free for $32 all up.....less than $11 each!!!!

Picked up:

-Contact

-(Nico) Above the Law

-Tango and Cash

for $15.98 each at the JB HiFi (CBD store) Buy 2 get one free sale, making the total under $32 for the three. Happy with that!

Went to K-mart today, was about to get 4 titles, but they only let me have death race at $16 because the sale doesnt start till tomorrow, so i left hte other 3 at the counter

just picked up payback (they had about 10 on shelf) for $12 and Babylon AD for $12 at the Burwood 24 hour store.

None have been marked down on case, but all are scanning at discount price.

I can tell you burwood had heaps of the following:

Lethal Weapon 1 & 2

Sphere

Payback

Eraser

Harry Potters

Two Hands

Butterfly Effect

Awake

Fugitive

I saw 2-3 knowings for $20 each

1 death race for $16 ( i took it to counter then decided against it)

I asked the guy about Predator 2, Kiss of the Dragon and couple others I wanted but big fat ZERO.

Saw no rockys, no collateral damage, no daredevils, no batmans, no postman.

best of luck

x

$12 Blu rays,thats as cheap as I have seen them to date.

There is a few titles I wouldnt mind getting. I saw Die hard 4 for $20 so the set would come to $56.

Went to K-mart today, was about to get 4 titles, but they only let me have death race at $16 because the sale doesnt start till tomorrow, so i left hte other 3 at the counter

really that sucks! I went to Kmart 2 hours ago and picked up some for $12:

daredevil

cruel intentions

poltegiest

postman

tears of the sun

Was going to get contact and Payback, but they are part of the B2G1F deal at JB hifi so im going to wait

I also picked up Babylon AD..... and put it back down straight away!! :D

So if you have a 24hour kmart close by i would suggest popping in there now and getting your $12 BD on!

Our local Kmart used to close late (midnight?) and now it's 24 hours (except on ANZAC Day ;)). Anyway, for the longest time, the Thursday prices will usually be available from Wednesday night. I went there after 7:30pm and scanned Perfect Storm at $12. Pity they had not Rocky Balboa.