Blu Ray Bargains Thread

Yeah, it's strange that it says the 9th, as everywhere else says the 13th! I hope it's the 9th tho!!

the catalogue runs from the 9th to the 27th January

UP is not released until the 13th January but obviously Big W put it in the catalogue as the special runs for another 2 weeks after UP is released

Paitience people, it's not like most of you have nothing to watch.... :)

I noticed that with the discount the Die Hard Quad would be only $52 which is a nice price :D

But 4 is still the cut version isn't it? Therefore not worth the purcahse IMHO

the catalogue runs from the 9th to the 27th January

UP is not released until the 13th January but obviously Big W put it in the catalogue as the special runs for another 2 weeks after UP is released

Paitience people, it's not like most of you have nothing to watch.... :)

Bugga!!!!!! I'm planning to pick up 'UP' on Sat (09/01).

I'm hosting a BD party for the kids on 09/01 and 'UP' would be a big hit.....

Bugga!!!!!! I'm planning to pick up 'UP' on Sat (09/01).

I'm hosting a BD party for the kids on 09/01 and 'UP' would be a big hit.....

well... its going to be a bit of a DOWNER now :(:)

Some good deals here.........

IT'S NOT OUT UNTIL THE 13TH

To be fair, Funny People wasn't due out until tomthe 7th but it came out on the 4th, so it is not unreasonable to think it might be available over the weekend still...

Just ordered Seven Years in Tibet for under $16 posted. Every now and then the Aussie stores come through. :D

And mfedley. JB online rarely stock older titles. The price you order at, is the price you pay - and your CC is not charged until dispatch.

I've noticed that BIG W has lowered the price on new release blu-rays for the last couple of titles to $29.XX. These include Inglourious Basterds, District 9, Funny People, Push and next weeks UP all have a everyday price below $30 :D. So hopefully this is the standard price for all new releases.

I paid $29.XX for District 9 last week at Big W.

JBHiFi have several titles (20 - 30) for less than $11.00.

Thanks 709er.

Now for some specials from Amazon that almost broke my 3 month Blu-Ray Buying Ban:

BSG Series 1-4 $165 AUD delivered: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galacti...7591&sr=1-1

Star Trek Movies 1 to 10 $200 AUD delivered: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KKC...d_luc_sbs_02_03

Hi Matt,

That link for BSG is to amazon.co.uk and it's GBP101.88. Is this that the correct link?

Edit, Just thought - there's probably a major VAT reduction :D

Edited by 709er

Your right, 17.5%. This is the price I got when I send through a Dummy Order. It always shows me the price in AUD for my CC, apart from pre-orders. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth buying it. I loved the series, but am not sure if I'll watch it again.

Hi Matt,

That link for BSG is to amazon.co.uk and it's GBP101.88. Is this that the correct link?

Edit, Just thought - there's probably a major VAT reduction :D

Your right, 17.5%. This is the price I got when I send through a Dummy Order. It always shows me the price in AUD for my CC, apart from pre-orders. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth buying it. I loved the series, but am not sure if I'll watch it again.

Do you think that breaking the 3 month blu ray abstinence will bring bad luck :huh: Personally, I don't know how you could do it. I would need my computer to break down (touch wood) along with my car (touch more wood) and the DT's would be unbearable :lol: , not to mention staying off the forum :o

SPAMBOTSPAMBOT!!!

Pan's Labyrinth $9.99CDN

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000...=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Leon 7.48 Pounds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leon-Directors-Blu...9746&sr=8-1

The Wrestler 7.48 Pounds (with unskippable ads before the movie)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrestler-Blu-ray-M...9798&sr=1-1

Edited by Ralfi

To be fair, Funny People wasn't due out until tomthe 7th but it came out on the 4th, so it is not unreasonable to think it might be available over the weekend still...

The 4th? More like the 6th. With someone claiming they saw it on the 5th... Like I said, it's not uncommon to see something released 1-2 days earlier but 4 days? Not likely. Especially on a weekend as well.

Anyone know the cheapest advertised price for District 9? Got a $30 Target voucher for my bday so wanna get them to price match :)

I found the below from another thread :)

Thanks man!

I'll check their online catalogue and see if it's in it to show Target:D

Inglorious basterds with a metal slip case thingy is $24 at jb hifi (so tempted), and band of brothers is $40 as well (cheaper than what i got it from amazon uk for)

The 4th? More like the 6th. With someone claiming they saw it on the 5th... Like I said, it's not uncommon to see something released 1-2 days earlier but 4 days? Not likely. Especially on a weekend as well.

That 'someone' was me - my thread here http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=85458 was posted about an hour after I had called JB...

Contrary to what you think you know, I called my local JB on Monday the 4th and they had taken stock, but not put it on the shelf. The girl offered to put one aside for me, was priced at $38.

Jesus I hate the attitude of some people around here sometimes, trying to patronise me and accusing me of lying...

That 'someone' was me - my thread here http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=85458 was posted about an hour after I had called JB...

Contrary to what you think you know, I called my local JB on Monday the 4th and they had taken stock, but not put it on the shelf. The girl offered to put one aside for me, was priced at $38.

Jesus I hate the attitude of some people around here sometimes, trying to patronise me and accusing me of lying...

WHOA, no one called you a liar, settle down, the comment was made that someone claimed they saw it, nothing was said about lying, you're jumping to conclusions

Usually the stores will get stock a couple of days ahead of the street date, they're not supposed to put it out until the street date but most of them don't give a crap

There is a chance UP will be on shelf before the 13th, but I doubt it would be on Saturday, more like Monday or Tuesday, but stranger things have happened...