Blu Ray Bargains Thread

New price is for pre-order on 2 Nov.

Does anyone have Roy Orbision & Friends Black & White Night is it a good disk ? Its available for $10.95 inc shipping

Black and White Nights is my favourite music DVD, by FAR!!! It's a fantastic concert, with an incredible line-up. I will be buying the BD version very soon (saw it in JB yeaterday, can't remember the price).

BUY IT :lol:

Nothin overly special here, but i have noticed these reductions recently on amazon US as i have been regularly checking these titles:

reduced from 25.00 to 20.99:

Iron man

Coraline

Sin city

Drag me to hell

Kill Bill 1 and 2

Transformers is also 20.99 and transformers 2 is 22.99 FYI

A Bug's Life is also now $20.99...

Thanks for that Broadbean I've been waiting for that one to drop forever...

Black and White Nights is my favourite music DVD, by FAR!!! It's a fantastic concert, with an incredible line-up. I will be buying the BD version very soon (saw it in JB yeaterday, can't remember the price).

got it ^_^

Edited by mcduck

Thanks I did :) at that price I can't go wrong :lol:

Does anyone have Roy Orbision & Friends Black & White Night is it a good disk ? Its available for $10.95 inc shipping

Reviewed here in our own review thread, page 1 has an index.....

Well, I got my first direct order from discounted_movies - the other three were through ebay. His prices are excellent. I got:

- My Name Is Earl Season 4 - $25

- Bones Season 4 - $33

- Burn Notice Season 2 - $23

- Sunshine Cleaning - $13

And shipping was $13, with a tracking number.

Derrick is a good bloke. Prices do vary, as well as stock. He has a direct mailing list with better prices than he does on ebay (no fees). He just doesn't get everything obviously, and has limited stock.

I paid 11.50 for it and it shipped today, I'll put up a review when it arrives. Reviews were favorable, video: 4/5 audio 4.5/5 from the googling I've done.

amazon.uk has 2 for £17.. quite a few decent movies as well.

Why the referral link?

What do you get out of it? (for the purposes of full disclosure)

Why the referral link?

I actually appreciate the link instead having to look for it myself.

When is it an offence to provide a link here?

*anyone needs an extra title i'll take an american werewolf in london :D

*it never hurts to try :D

what i get out of it is saving others looking for it.. why say amazon has a sale on and not give any info about it. this is a bargains thread so im letting people know.. fmd if i didnt post a link everyone would ask for it. crazy comment there mate.

Why the referral link?

what i get out of it is saving others looking for it.. why say amazon has a sale on and not give any info about it. this is a bargains thread so im letting people know.. fmd if i didnt post a link everyone would ask for it. crazy comment there mate.

his point was that affiliate links are not permitted on this forum.

they get taken off at checkout director.

well its not like its my company.. everyone knows amazon so i dont see the harm in adding a link but if thems the rules .

Well I think the issue with affiliate links(and this is my understanding so please correct me if im wrong) is that they tend to provide some sort of kick back to the the affiliate. ie, youget a % of the sale for referring the buyer. That is a no-no here. Providing a direct link to a website or sale isnt an issue as long as there is no financial benfit to you or someone else should someone buy via that link.

i have my bible here and my right hand is raised..... "i have no affiliation with amazon".. but i wish i did if i git a kickback from them.

Paid $29.48 for twin pack Troy and Superman Return at Dick Smith, Nunawading. Audio is only Dolby Digital, no lossless HD audio.

Paid $29.48 for twin pack Troy and Superman Return at Dick Smith, Nunawading. Audio is only Dolby Digital, no lossless HD audio.

Superman Returns is meant to have 5.1ch LPCM

Did you get Dolby Digital from the packaging or playback?

If from the packaging, the packaging is incorrect (unless it's been sitting there for a few years waiting to be sold)

If from playback, that's probably because Dolby Digital is default track, try pressing the audio button and you should be able to select PCM (unless for same reason as previous)

his point was that affiliate links are not permitted on this forum.

Looking at the DTV Forum Guidelines it states the following:

Definition of "Advertising"

For the guidance of forum participants, gratuitous advertising means advertising that is not called for in context. Where ONF forms the opinion that some advertising is uncalled for and appears to be coming from a supplier or an associate, ONF will apply the following penalties - an initial suspension of supplier and/or associate for a first offence for one month, with a ban on the creation of threads for one month after reinstatement, to (2nd offence) suspension for three months, plus a ban on thread creation for further three months, to (3rd offence) 6 months suspension etc, to (4th offence) final banishment.

Account Misuse

Misuse of your account by being an annoyance or hindering the experience of other forum members is not acceptable. Such misuse may include, but is not limited to:

* Non-adherence to the Forum Advertising Rules;

* Spamming (malicious or not) any forum or subforum;

* Misuse of the Private Messaging System and/or Email System;

* Harassment of other members;

* Use of a sign-on name or avatar to impersonate another member or an unrelated person;

* Continually ignoring the description of a forum. That is, posting non-related threads in non-related forums.

If people are posting affiliate links in this thread it is IN CONTEXT to the topic at hand thus deemed to be ok. If the affiliate link was coming from the supplier directly then that would be prohibited in my understanding.

Personally, I would rather the link as I don't have to search the site for the title myself, saving me time. I'm guessing alot of people post links they have found from other sites as well which may already have affiliate links on them. I wouldn't expect them to remove the affiliate link before posting here. If people are taking the time to post in this thread and let others know about the bargains out there then who cares if they earn commission from those sales. It has no effect on the user buying the product.