Blu Ray Bargains Thread

Do they take Paypal? because I would love to have this at that price

thanks

paul

You could click on the link and have a look...

But the answer is no, credit card only

got my Troopers Trilogy just after lunch :D

need another one :D

creditcard now under lock and key :o

but there are other ways :ninja:

meet me in the trades thread :D

Edited by mcduck

got my Troopers Trilogy just after lunch :D

need another one :D

creditcard now under lock and key :o

but there are other ways :ninja:

meet me in the trades thread :D

mcduck,

I have the perfect way for you to satiate your blu ray purchase needs. Preorder (from any of the Amazons) for titles that will be released "way down the track". You can have all the enjoyment of ordering, but - if in the "cold light of day" - you find the credit card melting, you can just cancel and feel in control and relieved :D

mcduck,

I have the perfect way for you to satiate your blu ray purchase needs. Preorder (from any of the Amazons) for titles that will be released "way down the track". You can have all the enjoyment of ordering, but - if in the "cold light of day" - you find the credit card melting, you can just cancel and feel in control and relieved :D

it is the owner / payer of the cc that has put it under lock and key :(

all i want is another starship troopers on the sly :ninja:

and edit

Godzilla's coming :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Godzilla-Blu-ray-M...5677&sr=1-2

Edited by mcduck

Neon Kitten - good point that seems to have been LOST on a few local distributors is the HUGE GAP in price in this new release.

JB has the DVD for $29 and the BLU for $69.

Is it REALLY worth $40 more ??????!!!

I guess it's not lost on them any more...just not to our benefit. Was in JB today and saw the DVD version of True Blood was now selling for $49.95....Hope those that saw it as a bargain at $29 got it at that price.

Air Force One @ Inetvideo $5 but is it Region Free???

Yes, BUT out of stock! :)

*Edit* Also their postage is quite expensive - US$7.95 for the 1st item, US$3 per additional item.

Edited by Adelaideltpc

They do currently have 50% off postage if you spend over 65 USD. It's normally worth a look for people who like Region A disks cheap. Also, you'll find that Air Force One is also back in stock. My guess is that it's region locked (disney title)

Yes, BUT out of stock! :)

*Edit* Also their postage is quite expensive - US$7.95 for the 1st item, US$3 per additional item.

EzyDVD has become sneaky, they just a few days ago made a 2 for $50 BD sale to start in August, now they have gone and split it into 2 separate 2 for $50 BD Sales both to start in August, so if you get a BD from 1 sale and another from the other sale, you'll pay full price for both.

I guess it's not lost on them any more...just not to our benefit. Was in JB today and saw the DVD version of True Blood was now selling for $49.95....Hope those that saw it as a bargain at $29 got it at that price.

just heading to Miranda Fair - will 'confirm' these prices (though of course it is the DVD here and not the Blu)

Correct - NEW PRICE is $49 - spotted - some left at $29.... a case of GREED by the DISTRIBUTORS / JB - leave it at a reasonable price !!!

some $20 discs coming up for sale at aldi

Lady in the Water

10000BC

Blade Runner The Final Cut

Ant Bully

Fool’s Gold

Superman Returns

The Fugitive

Scooby-Doo the Movie

Polar Express

Under Siege

Lethal Weapon

Unforgiven

The Bucket List

The Prestige

Troy

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_9251.htm

Edited by bensl

They do currently have 50% off postage if you spend over 65 USD. It's normally worth a look for people who like Region A disks cheap. Also, you'll find that Air Force One is also back in stock. My guess is that it's region locked (disney title)

I just checked 10 seconds ago - "This Item is Temporarily Out Of Stock."

BTW - it's region free according to http://bluray.liesinc.net/

Additional Items (6+) $1 per item postage.

Postage costs, even at full price are more reasonable when amortised over say 10 items.

But beware box sets or titles containing 3 or more discs: these are charged at $9.95 each postage (which may not be included in the numbers above).

Inetvideo have been good, but I'm currently having a running battle getting a response to a damaged case issue and so they have dropped in my personal estimation.

I paid new but received used discs from inetvideo once and after I honestly said the discs play fine then they ignore any of my further complaints. I thought it is fair to give me credit or refund for the difference but obviously they don't really care.

Amazon is offering today 'Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition', which only today can be bought on Blu-ray for $56.99 US (Roughly $71 AU), which works out at an average of $11.4 US (~$14.20 AU) per movie. The Dirty Harry Collection is region free and available to purchase here.

Just for piece of mind can you let people know that the links you're giving aren't affiliate links? Your website is pretty much full of them and I think, in fairness, you should let people know.

FWIW I personally don't have any objection to people posting affiliate links as long as they're up front about it. Other people might though.

Cheers.

Just for piece of mind can you let people know that the links you're giving aren't affiliate links? Your website is pretty much full of them and I think, in fairness, you should let people know.

FWIW I personally don't have any objection to people posting affiliate links as long as they're up front about it. Other people might though.

Cheers.

Whats the go with affiliate links? Do they get something out of Amazon for taking you there?

Whats the go with affiliate links? Do they get something out of Amazon for taking you there?

i don't even know what one is :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the idea and they're pretty common. They're a click through so if the person is directed there and buys something then the person providing the link get's a little kickback.

Like I said, I have no great objection to the practice provided it's totally transparent.

Deep Discount have their 25% off DVD and Blu Ray sale on now.

Code i used is DVDTALK.

Just spent 410AUS on dvds...

STREET SWEEPER SOCIAL CLUB: STREE $ 11.47 Pre-order

DVD : SHIELD-7TH SEASON $ 23.92 In-stock

BLR : GENERATION KILL $ 47.62 In-stock

DVD : CORNER, THE $ 18.56 In-stock

BLR : MAD MEN-2ND SEASON $ 23.17 In-stock

BLR : WEEDS-4TH SEASON $ 18.67 In-stock

MORELLO,TOM/NIGHTWATCHMAN: FABLED $ 11.47 Pre-order

DVD : SPORTS NIGHT-COMPLETE SERIE $ 28.42 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 183.30

Tax: $ .00

Shipping & Processing: $ 29.95

Total for this Order: $ 213.25

2nd order:

BLR : NIXON-ELECTION YEAR EDITION $ 20.15 Backorder

BLR : DR STRANGELOVE (45TH AE) $ 19.03 In-stock

BLR : SAW 5 (UR/DC) $ 17.15 In-stock

BLR : W $ 17.15 In-stock

BLR : THE ARCHITECT $ 11.53 In-stock

BLR : BARAKA $ 14.15 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 99.16

Tax: $ .00

Shipping & Processing: $ 16.95

Total for this Order: $ 116.11

Edited by BbP2k

Interesting, coupon doesn't apply to Watchmen Blu-ray, I assume this is because it's a pre-order? Will have to wait for the 21st before ordering then.