Blu Ray Bargains Thread

Amazon.co.uk currently has 42% off the Sin City 2 disc special edition blu-ray for £13.98 which is roughly $27.66 AUD before postage. Isnt even out in Australia till June.

Ordered this on Saturday night with a few others, sin city was out of stock when i placed the order, so they told me 2 weeks before they were getting more stock. Then Sunday night they e-mailed me telling me they had received some more and were posting separately to the rest of my order (some of the titles aren't released until the end of the month). So i just got home from work and there's a package in my letterbox, woo hoo, sin city, nice. What i cant understand is 2 days to get this from half way round the world, yet amazon us takes weeks. Anyway i know what I'm watching after lunch. :D

Cheers

Peter.

What i cant understand is 2 days to get this from half way round the world, yet amazon us takes weeks.

Probably because Amazon UK is closer to the coast and flies direct to you, while Amazon US gets shuffled around before it comes on the slow boat.

Edited by broadbean

Amazon UK is closer to the coast and flies direct to you, while Amazon UK gets shuffled around before it comes on the slow boat.

Wat??

Amazon.co.uk currently has 42% off the Sin City 2 disc special edition blu-ray for £13.98 which is roughly $27.66 AUD before postage. Isnt even out in Australia till June.

£11.98 now. Placing an order now while the dollar is strong against the pound :)

£11.98 now. Placing an order now while the dollar is strong against the pound :)

If mine isn't shipped will i get charged the lower price or will i have to do something?

for preorder from amazon uk

Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Skynet Edition Steel Tin [blu-ray] [1991] - Linda Hamilton

£15.30 (after VAT removal)

mmmm, nice tin.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Skynet Edition Steel Tin [blu-ray] [1991] - Linda Hamilton

mmmm, nice tin.

Damn you Lionsgate with your improved DTS HD-MA 6.1 track!

I am stuck with the old DD-EX pffffft.

If mine isn't shipped will i get charged the lower price or will i have to do something?

You get charged at the price you bought it at. Just bad luck it dropped after you clicked in the confirm button. You're only option would be to cancel the order and re-do it.

You get charged at the price you bought it at. Just bad luck it dropped after you clicked in the confirm button. You're only option would be to cancel the order and re-do it.

Yes, unfortunately this is now the case since Amazon dropped their "post order price guarantee".

Just ordered, cheers

wonder if they cancel

For ordering that title, they should :lol::lol:

mmmm, nice tin.

Do you know if this would be region-free, Mo?

Edited by Super Greg

For ordering that title, they should :lol::lol:

One of the funniest movies ever:

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

went in to my local cash converters today to see what crap they had and saw they had a handful of bluray instock. bloke said they are all $15 of if you buy more than 2 he can sell for $12 each. good deal i thought but the only movie i wanted was there will be blood. not bad for $15.. so if you pop into your local stolen goods warehouse you may pick up a bargain too.

Edited by sol381

about 2000km from you mate at stafford here in brisbane.. only had about a half dozen and some tv series, heroes and lost

Which one is that sol?

Most cash converters have a decent stock of BD's. They quite happily bend on price. I picked up Firefly in pristine condition for $40.

Most cash converters have a decent stock of BD's. They quite happily bend on price. I picked up Firefly in pristine condition for $40.

Dropped by my local CC last fri - they got no bds at all.

no movies were $15 tv shows about $40-$50

Heroes for $15, nice! :)

Dropped by my local CC last fri - they got no bds at all.

Been into 4-5 random CC around melb and they all had at least 20 titles. Some had 50+