Blu Ray Bargains Thread

You're a legend man

Haha thx B)

Just corrected my post with the - $ :P

Edited by stew181

As mentioned that price on the Die Hard Quad has been around for months and yes its definateley wrong,i carnt believe they still havent fixed it LOL oh well good for those of us who snapped it up,well c'mon Sanity we are due for another price stuff up after Rambo Trilogy and Die Hard quad......howz about Bourne Trilogy for $29.99 :D

Cheers Ryan

The only BD I've bought from Sanity. Rambo & Die Hard box sets.

Was tempted by 2 for $50 but have controlled myself.

39.98 ???

It might drop again... keep on the lookout :)

It might drop again... keep on the lookout :)

Yeah, stick it in your cart and keep checking every day. It;'ll let you know when it drops.

Also, on other bargains, cash convertors have a web site now that sells blu rays. I got a copy of Heroes S1 for under $50 last week, sealed.

Edited by napalm68

JB have a few boxsets on sale now.

Matrix

X-men

i just imported from amazon UK though. Got Matrix Collection (no Animatrix) and X-men for AUD$120 shipped.

Woohoo! Shipped within 24 hours. Hope to get it next week (from my past experience with Amazon UK).

Woohoo! Shipped within 24 hours. Hope to get it next week (from my past experience with Amazon UK).

If its been sent by Deutche Post World Net rather that Royal Mail then give it an extra week. Deliveries are taking an extra week with Deutche, which my last 3 orders have been sent out with. Seems they are using that more than Royal Mail. Or maybe it has to do with where sock is...i dont know. I got my Xmen trilogy last week. Nice set.

If its been sent by Deutche Post World Net rather that Royal Mail then give it an extra week. Deliveries are taking an extra week with Deutche, which my last 3 orders have been sent out with. Seems they are using that more than Royal Mail. Or maybe it has to do with where sock is...i dont know. I got my Xmen trilogy last week. Nice set.

I find in my experience, it's mostly based on size of box and weight - ie a really heavy box with TV Box sets are sent via UPS

I find in my experience, it's mostly based on size of box and weight - ie a really heavy box with TV Box sets are sent via UPS

I have made a number of orders from Amazon Uk in the last 5-6 months. All about the same amount size wise(approx 5-6 titles. The first 2-3 orders came in the smaller cardboard package they use which resulted in quick delivery but a few damaged items. Since i complained they now all come in a box via Deutch. So not sure if they were having issues with Royal post and damaged items or what. Though the last box i got looked like it had been kicked down the street. Thankfully the items inside had been cardboard backed and shrinkwrapped in hard plastic that protected them. The inflated protection stuffing they used had all popped so the box just crumbled in transit.

Still 2 weeks isnt to bad from OS.

Batman - The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997 [blu-ray] ~ in amazon.co.uk

29.39 pounds for 4 movies, works out around $60 in AUS prior shipping.

Pre-order taking now.

zavvi.co.uk has a mad monday sale with some cheap Blu-Ray titles (all 8.45 Pounds + postage for tonight and a little bit of tomorrow only)

Die Another Day

Jumper

Rocky

I-Robot!!!!!!

Daywatch

Hills have Eyes 2

Day After Tomorrow

Independance Day

28 Days or 28 Weeks Later

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/zavvi/offers/mega-monday.list

I think amazon is cheaper cos some of these titles are 9 pounds and it is the buy 2 get 1 free offer, or dvd.co.uk as well for buy 2 for 18 pounds and the shipping is 1 pound per disc

It's well known in the forum that amazon uk and dvd.co.uk have good specials. But for some of these titles, they may not be available for these prices. Also, dvd.co.uk is not always 1 pound per disk (a number are 2 pounds). Some people also do not wish to order 2 or 3 titles, so can order from stores like zavvi or The Hut.

Mentioning something like this directly to another PM is also not the friendliest way of saying there are cheaper deals out there. It's up to the individual members to decide if it is cheap or not.

EDIT: wording change from other to individual members to clarify meaning

I think amazon is cheaper cos some of these titles are 9 pounds and it is the buy 2 get 1 free offer, or dvd.co.uk as well for buy 2 for 18 pounds and the shipping is 1 pound per disc
Edited by mfedley

Amazon.co.uk currently has 42% off the Sin City 2 disc special edition blu-ray for £13.98 which is roughly $27.66 AUD before postage. Isnt even out in Australia till June.

Amazon.co.uk currently has 42% off the Sin City 2 disc special edition blu-ray for £13.98 which is roughly $27.66 AUD before postage. Isnt even out in Australia till June.

LOL Just put an order in (Earth to the Moon - widescreen DVD and X-Men Trillogy BD) ... Glad I didn't see this, I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself

LOL Just put an order in (Earth to the Moon - widescreen DVD and X-Men Trillogy BD) ... Glad I didn't see this, I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself

Just do it. Postage from amazon UK is quite cheap considering it comes all the way from the UK!

Just do it. Postage from amazon UK is quite cheap considering it comes all the way from the UK!

Its not that cheap. A single title will cost $7 to ship. So in the case of Sin City it is acutlaly about $37 shipped which really isnt worth it. Your better off making a bulk order to even out the postage.

Evil Serpeant :D

Was that you selling apples in the Garden of Eden?

If its been sent by Deutche Post World Net rather that Royal Mail then give it an extra week.

Mine has just been sent via them. Don't care about it taking longer, as long as they get here. Thought it was interesting that hey weren't using Royal Mail. Guess complaints, level of service and price could all be factors.

What's the best price for the Star Trek movies ? dvd.co.uk has the 6 for £68.95

but also has 2, 3, 4 and 6 for £12.95 each

http://www.dvd.co.uk/search.htm?search=sta...;type=CAT100008

I can't remember which of the movies were best, probably the ones before it became Geriatric Trek

Wrath of Kahn or the Search for Spock ?

What's the best price for the Star Trek movies ? dvd.co.uk has the 6 for £68.95

but also has 2, 3, 4 and 6 for £12.95 each

http://www.dvd.co.uk/search.htm?search=sta...;type=CAT100008

I can't remember which of the movies were best, probably the ones before it became Geriatric Trek

Everyone will say Kahn. So I say Kahn. :)

Generally the even's were the pick. I have only seen Khan twice and not for a long time so looking forward to seeing it again. I haven't seen the extended footage so don't know what is lost for the Blu-ray release. There's a bit of stuff online about it though. My fav is The Undiscovered Country.

Edited by Redav