Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just one quick bargain...

(note - there are reports that the UK version has been cut by a few secs here and there - and that the US is Region locked (for those who care))

Saw the first 3 episodes and liked what I saw. Will defiantly get the US release if I ever get around to picking it up. Thanks for heads up..

Cheers

Saw the first 3 episodes and liked what I saw. Will defiantly get the US release if I ever get around to picking it up. Thanks for heads up..

Cheers

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Then the 2nd was rubbish and sloppy and just down right careless directing. I was surprised because I had heard that Frank Darabont directed it... turns out he only did the first episode.

Too bad that the Grindhouse set isn't out yet...

I can not think of anything that I want at the moment from JB... any good deals floating around that are not in the 2 for 20 (i've already checked over and I don't think i want anything from there)

just one quick bargain...

THE WALKING DEAD - 12.50pds (after VAT price) from AMAZON UK - about $A18.76 - cheaper than the US, and better if you can order it to get free shipping.

(note - there are reports that the UK version has been cut by a few secs here and there - and that the US is Region locked (for those who care))

Thanks for the heads up...this is an awesome show

Too bad that the Grindhouse set isn't out yet...

I can not think of anything that I want at the moment from JB... any good deals floating around that are not in the 2 for 20 (i've already checked over and I don't think i want anything from there)

Couldn't think of anything that I really want from JB as well, but still planning a trip to JB after work - the wallet-unhealthy addiction! :-)

Amazon USA

Deal of the Week:  Rambo- The Complete Collector's Set (USD27.49)

Deal of the Day: The Ultimate Matrix Collection (USD26.99)

Also for those who are uninitiated (like me), prices shown in Amazon UK are inclusive of 20% VAT. But when you check out & select your SG address for shipping, VAT is removed from the final price. :)

First time buying Bds from them (for fear of buying region locked discs previously). so was pleasantly surprised when the final transaction price was less than calculated. ;D

Couldn't think of anything that I really want from JB as well

Some customer service would be a good starting point, followed by some droids with some knowledge and then some decent regular pricing........ :ninja:

Couldn't think of anything that I really want from JB as well, but still planning a trip to JB after work - the wallet-unhealthy addiction! :-)

I got The Mist for $10 after discount (it's not in the 2 for 20) and saw the new release of Taxi Driver is $15.98 before discount. Good I thought.

snorree... walked away from local JB with nothing. Noticed that Animal House and American Graffiti were out for 12.98 - no sign of Blues Brothers (but I'm sure that we'll get screwed on the audio locally as what the US has had)

worse.... I was after a car CD tuner - only to find that the prices I had in hand were ONLINE prices - and that INSTORE prices were significantlly DEARER.

Noting - there wasn't much of a crowd there - I think many people are still keeping their wallets / purses tightly shut.

Some customer service would be a good starting point, followed by some droids with some knowledge and then some decent regular pricing........ :ninja:

20% off Sustomer Service this Wednesday only! Family and friends night!

:D

Edited by brake

20% off Sustomer Service this Wednesday only! Family and friends night!

:D

very subtle indeed :)

I bought four titles yesterday. I have quite a few crack BD cases so I asked one of the "male" staff to see if I can grab a couple of spare empty cases off them. He didn't want to entertain the idea at all, telling me they don't have enough as it is and was very quick to walk away. Myself included, there is hardly half a dozen customers in the store at the time. Now, I am not saying they are obliged to give me (since they don't sell them) a couple for free but the crap/lies he gave me about not having enough empty cases in their store is just plain rubbish. I am very disappointed with their poor customer service :( I came home whinging to my wife about it, spending close to $100 and I can't even get a couple of empty BD cases. This is just my observation, I find that 9 out 10 "male" staff are very unfriendly and unhelpful when you genuinely wanted help. I have had much better customer service with the female staff. I made the mistake of asking a male staff yesterday, arrggh

Edited by sschen

picked up bugs life, once and rain man from jb,

and got on order,

transformers revenge,

thin red line

platnoon

sarahs key

the jackal

misery

tears of the sun

all pretty cheaply. and not a lot of money, but overall apart from their 2 for $20 promotion most other discs seem a bit over priced for my liking..

Anyone else having issues with B&N checkout? In the shipping options it keeps saying at the top 'Your order is now shipping to an international destination; please choose an appropriate shipping method' but there's nothing to choose from other than Standard or Express and neither let me proceed to next checkout step.

picked up bugs life, once and rain man from jb,

and got on order,

transformers revenge,

thin red line

platnoon

sarahs key

the jackal

misery

tears of the sun

all pretty cheaply. and not a lot of money, but overall apart from their 2 for $20 promotion most other discs seem a bit over priced for my liking..

Ive got both platoon and thin red line on order too, at sanity though, and the fighter in their 3 for $40 sale atm.

Just picked up Apocalypse Now at Big W.

Two discs for $27.

Can't wait for home alone time :D

Paul.

Managed to pick this up at JB's friends & family sale, $24 after the discount, happy with that :D

Anyone else having issues with B&N checkout? In the shipping options it keeps saying at the top 'Your order is now shipping to an international destination; please choose an appropriate shipping method' but there's nothing to choose from other than Standard or Express and neither let me proceed to next checkout step.

Not recently but did order 4 criterion BR during their sale. Order placed 15th July and shipped 19th via standard intl shipping.

very subtle indeed :)

I bought four titles yesterday. I have quite a few crack BD cases so I asked one of the "male" staff to see if I can grab a couple of spare empty cases off them. He didn't want to entertain the idea at all, telling me they don't have enough as it is and was very quick to walk away. Myself included, there is hardly half a dozen customers in the store at the time. Now, I am not saying they are obliged to give me (since they don't sell them) a couple for free but the crap/lies he gave me about not having enough empty cases in their store is just plain rubbish. I am very disappointed with their poor customer service :( I came home whinging to my wife about it, spending close to $100 and I can't even get a couple of empty BD cases. This is just my observation, I find that 9 out 10 "male" staff are very unfriendly and unhelpful when you genuinely wanted help. I have had much better customer service with the female staff. I made the mistake of asking a male staff yesterday, arrggh

Oh mate, you've seen the JB hifi thread I made did you? Some crackin stories in there!

Oh mate, you've seen the JB hifi thread I made did you? Some crackin stories in there!

honestly, no. But if it is a thread for ranting or venting our frustrations, count me in!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, SHOW ME the thread :)

Edited by sschen