Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got half of my order in 4 days, stoked!! If anyone is a Disney fan I would recommend they pick up all the classic titles before Disney lock them up in their vault. Some good buys for 10-12 pounds on Amazon UK, Beauty & the Beast and Alice In Wonderland 11 pounds each.

Want to pick up Metropolis (1927) as well, looks really nice and so does the packaging.

Thanks!

Has anyone used that yet?

Yes discount worked shipping on 3 titles was $10.49

There is also a 15% coupon but can only be used on one title and can't be used at the same time as the 10% coupon. shipping on one title was $8.49 so using the 10% coupon in bulk order was beter value. I don't thimk the coupons work on pre-orders

Last year they ran out of stock on some titles so I decided to get in early :lol:

Edited by Mel

Last year they ran out of stock on some titles so I decided to get in early :lol:

Definitely a good idea to get in earlier because the coupon codes can become defunct at any time as well

My confirmation email says shipping not happening to me until Aug 2 though so I must have ordered 1 or more that just went out of stock.

Blew 450 bucks all up. So long xmas!

Yes discount worked shipping on 3 titles was $10.49

There is also a 15% coupon but can only be used on one title and can't be used at the same time as the 10% coupon. shipping on one title was $8.49 so using the 10% coupon in bulk order was beter value. I don't thimk the coupons work on pre-orders

Thanks!

And I was also wondering what the deal is with preorders... I'm pretty sure the 50% off doesn't apply.

O yes!!! Here I go for Fat Girl, Cronos, Videodrome, If, Dressed to Kill, and e Louis Malle stuff etc

Thanks for e heads up

here's a 10% off coupon code: J3M9D8K

If you find any "non-meaningful" shows - more like the Action types, then maybe I can ask you to buy for me....

I found most of the Criterion series to be the "deep arthouse / meaningful" shows... :p

here's a 10% off coupon code: J3M9D8K

If you find any "non-meaningful" shows - more like the Action types, then maybe I can ask you to buy for me....

I found most of the Criterion series to be the "deep arthouse / meaningful" shows... :p

Alamak... I just missed ur post for e discount coupon  >:(... No worries la  :D  Other bros, can go for it

Some price drops at Amazon

Planet Of The Apes Collection $40.49

Scream Trilogy $19.99

Deep Impact $8.99 I like Deep Impact i reckon its a great movie with great PQ and awesome AQ on BD so if your a fan grab it for sure in your next order :) or you could grab it from JB for $38.99 but you will be supporting local buisness :D

Thanks!

And I was also wondering what the deal is with preorders... I'm pretty sure the 50% off doesn't apply.

I haven't tried it but I believe the 50% off applies to a preorder if the title is being released during the sale period however the 10% off coupon won't work, at least that the gist I got from my speed read of the bluray.com threads

Looks like more titles, Predators, A-Team Etc. were added today, just bought 3 more.

Also it seems if you add Transformers 2 on Blu Ray to any order, shipping becomes free.

Mind you, I'd have to be paid to watch that again so probably fair enough too :D

I'm in the US next week so am thinking of picking up a few of the Criterion blu-ray disks while I'm there to save on postage & get them shipped to my hotel. Are there any must have titles in the B&N list worth checking out (more obscure titles, foreign or older overlooked classics) as I only recognise a few of the titles? Does the same discount apply if purchased in-store?

I'm in the US next week so am thinking of picking up a few of the Criterion blu-ray disks while I'm there to save on postage & get them shipped to my hotel. Are there any must have titles in the B&N list worth checking out (more obscure titles, foreign or older overlooked classics) as I only recognise a few of the titles? Does the same discount apply if purchased in-store?

My 5 favourite Criterion blu releases would be:

Red Desert

Pierrot Le Fou

Mystery Train

By Brakhage Vol 1 and 2

Night Of The Hunter

Everyone will tell you something different though. Just check out the trailers and info at criterion.com and pick a few at random, it's hard to go wrong

I think the discount codes are online-only though.

Edited by belgavion

Perhaps have a read through this thread on Bluray.com http://forum.blu-ray.com/movie-tv-deals/17...7-12-8-1-a.html it seems like people are definetly receiving the discount in store and going by some of the posts its more than the 10% that we can achieve online not sure how they are going about it perhaps printed coupons from somewhere

B&N Criterion sale is now LIVE

go nuts!

edit - also here's a 10% off coupon code: J3M9D8K

Bewdy - thanks for posting this - it worked well. I just ordered the following all with an extra 10% off:

The Great Dictator

Seven Samurai

Le Cercle Rouge

Paris, Texas

America Lost and Found: The BBS Story

8 1/2

M

Charade

À Bout de Souffle (Breathless)

Definitely Yojimbo - It's the only Criterion BD I've seen unfortunately and it's one of my favourite movies, I own a few more Criterion BD's but have not seen them. I've also noticed that Kiss Me Deadly seems to be a very popular title. As Does Seven Samurai and Che.