Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Bro, I already pre-ordered.

Are u migrating too?  I read a lot of Aussie-Vietnam pho in ur posts haha

If you have not paid up, add one for me...

we can discuss this on pm... and do a catch up movie night say this Saturday?

No, I go Oz at least once a year... but maybe if SG pushes me out, I might...

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have not paid up, add one for me...

we can discuss this on pm... and do a catch up movie night say this Saturday?

No, I go Oz at least once a year... but maybe if SG pushes me out, I might...

Already paid up bro.  Actually I wanted to get The Prisoner (old TV series) Blu which is this week's special so added in Jurassic Park too. Also included e 2L Nordic Blu-ray/SACD that u got  ;)

Pm u later abt Sat  ;) thanks for e invitation

Alamak... But I know wizardofoz will grab it haha

PS when I was younger I will never forget what I have bought. All my media inventory is stored in my head. But nowadays, I can sometimes forget so I can understand

Use of gift cards precludes combining orders.

I also had an experience where more funds were debited from my gift card account than should have been: Amazon eventually rectified the issue, but in a less than satisfactory way.

It's very difficult to audit your gift card account as Amazon will not provide a statement: you have to go back through your orders and Credit Card statements and attempt to reconcile debits and credits.

I don't use gift cards now because of the issues.

Just had another example of gift card restrictions: Amazon won't send a replacement title if you paid via gift card and do not have sufficient funds left in the gift card account to pay for the replacement (current value) plus shipping; they only provide a refund to the gift card account, even if you want a replacement.

This appears to be because their policies require an order with shipping to be raised to ease it through customs and if you paid by gift card, they can not do it via Credit Card.

Edited by IanD

huh....? I believe previously I have included such bundled offer with non-promo titles, and I dun recall having problem with the shipment or final cost  8)

So wat's their reply to your reply  ???  Usually, I will xpect Amazon to 'give in', though in my 'dealing' with Amazon UK, UK can be very 'stingy' and quite often dun compromise well  :-\

Latest from them:

The refund will complete within 2 - 3 days and should be credited to your account on your next bank statement.

On the date the refund is completed, you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details.

I hope this solution is satisfactory.

;D

;)

Latest from them:

The refund will complete within 2 - 3 days and should be credited to your account on your next bank statement.

On the date the refund is completed, you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details.

I hope this solution is satisfactory.

;D

Criterion 50% off sale at Barnes & Noble looks set for July 12 (or 13th our time) and will run for a month.

There's been no firm confirmation but by all reports this is the starting date.

I have like 22 discs sitting in my basket just waiting!

Criterion 50% off sale at Barnes & Noble looks set for July 12 (or 13th our time) and will run for a month.

I have three on my wishlist Broadcast News, Sweet Smell of Success and Blow Out

Do Amazon usually match them on price?

Cheers for sharing this one. Keep my fingers crossed.

I see that they currently have a "Buy Two get One Free" on discs already, plus most prices have online discounts already (They have Star Wars box set for $85.59, from RRP of $139.99 at the moment 36% off). I guess they may do "JB Hifi" type deal where they do 50% off, but put everything back to full RRP and remove the B2G1F deal. Make sure you actually see a $ benefit between buying now and during their 50% off.

Will certainly be looking myself

Thanks for the heads up

Woody

Thanks!

Been waiting for this, got a couple I've got my eye on.

This looks like it will be quite a good deal, $60 odd dollars for 7 movies:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Americ...t%2Band%2Bfound

I wonder if the shipping charge on this will be as 1 item seeings it's a box set...

I'm a very happy camper at the moment: I almost bought the Robin Hood/Gladiator double-pack a few weeks ago from Amazon UK for £17.93, but I held off, thinking that it might drop down a couple of pounds. And now they have it for £8.97 (£7.48 minus VAT) in their deals of the week. :)

Unfortunately, just to balance out my good luck, the Blue Thunder blu-ray that I had sitting in my basket just went up by £5. Bugger! :(

No-ones posted in a while whats happening? Got an order coming from Amazon UK.

Halloween 2

The Incredibles

Planet 51

Rec 1

Forbidden Planet

Despicable Me

The Fog

The Fly

The Mummy 1, 2 & 3 Box Set

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology

Planet Of The Apes Collection

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Not sure if anyone is a member of brandsexclusive.com.au on here, i am and have picked up some great deals mainly on designer clothing at a fraction of the price :) anyway they have some BD's on there at the moment being

Fast And Furious Quad $24.99

Sharks 3D $16.99

Dolphins And Whales 3D $16.99

Ocean Wonderland 3D $16.99

Not sure if anyone is a member of brandsexclusive.com.au on here, i am and have picked up some great deals mainly on designer clothing at a fraction of the price :) anyway they have some BD's on there at the moment being

Fast And Furious Quad $24.99

Sharks 3D $16.99

Dolphins And Whales 3D $16.99

Ocean Wonderland 3D $16.99

Fast and Furious isn't bad, shipping kills it though. The 3D titles are overpriced, they were all $14.99 at Sanity last week

Edited by tigersrule10

I have a couple of orders on their way from Amazon UK. Lord of the Rings Extended trilogy for NZ $75 including shipping. Forbidden Planet is in my other order. Blind buy for me but online reviews for this movie are extremely positive.

Sanity has a couple promos atm:

3 for $40 with Free Shipping:

http://www.sanity.com.au/specials/732/3_For_40_Blu-Ray

(i picked up Despicable Me, Life as We Know it and The Expendables)

$9.99:

http://www.sanity.com.au/specials/694/Blu-Ray_Sale

(I picked up Coraline and Nanny McPhee)

Looks like more titles, Predators, A-Team Etc. were added today, just bought 3 more.