Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Alright man... I think u r e only guy I know who watched this and love it. I have e entire MIC boxset of Homicide but haven't found e time to go into it yet

That's unfortunately rather true: I have friends who are fans of The Wire, but I don't know anyone else who watched Homicide.  The "problem" is that unlike most police procedurals, Homicide wasn't 'flashy' and is relatively slow moviing, indeed one of its most acclaimed episodes took place almost entirely in the interrogation room. 

I actually double dipped on this, first on individual seasons, and then on the complete series boxset that comes in a mock filing cabinet, because that also included the TV movie that capped off the series, as well as the three crossover Law & Order episodes.  Speaking of which, Munch on L&O SVU started on Homicide, and apparently is the character that has appeared on the most different TV shows yet played by the same actor (Richard Belzer). 

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it has been posted or not (couldn't see it) but JB Hifi has Hero's seasons 1 ,2 and 3 for $15.98 each and they are part of the 2 for $30 deal.

Probably not the best deal that has been on them but that's pretty good if you ask me so I picked them up

Edited by hd-abc123

Not sure if it has been posted or not (couldn't see it) but JB Hifi has Hero's seasons 1 ,2 and 3 for $15.98 each and they are part of the 2 for $30 deal.

Probably not the best deal that has been on them but that's pretty good if you ask me so I picked them up

or you could get Season 1-4 boxset for ~$62 delivered from amazon.uk.

I noticed that Unstoppable (Blu-ray+DVD Copy+Digital Copy) was only just released in Oz on 9th of June, and EzyDVD are selling it for $39.97.

I purchased it with free shipping from Amazon UK for only 14.11gbp on the 27th April and it was ex-stock!

I received it weeks ago!

Is this usually the case?

I mean, are BD discs released way earlier overseas than Oz?

If that's the case, you would have to be nuts to buy locally.

You pay 100's of % more for the privilege of waiting months longer for the title!

Surely the local on-line retailers are on borrowed time.

I noticed that Unstoppable (Blu-ray+DVD Copy+Digital Copy) was only just released in Oz on 9th of June, and EzyDVD are selling it for $39.97.

I purchased it with free shipping from Amazon UK for only 14.11gbp on the 27th April and it was ex-stock!

I received it weeks ago!

Is this usually the case?

Short answer - No!

127 Hours

The Fighter

Unstoppable

all released overseas prior to here on BR, in fact I had The Fighter about 1 week after it's theatrical run started in Oz, Super 8 has opened here two days ago and US this weekend, does not release theatrically in the UK until late August, Fast Five premiered here before the US (about a week), so it's anyone's guess.........

Last week I was teaching in e Farrer Park area and ventured into Mustafa after class. They have lots of those made in Singapore stuff for sale at retail prices of 10% off other places. So if u noe it cost $29.90 at e usual places, here would be $26.90

I was holding in my hands A.I., Shakespeare in Love, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (so so love this comedy) for e longest time but finally didn't buy em.

Also tested 3 Idiots on Blu - one of e best if not best film abt e purpose of education - 5.1 DTS-MA and 1080p. Looks solid but can't hear much in their lousy setup amidst the din. Only $39.90 and I was very tempted but decided not to becoz there's no special features

Mustafa is not a bad place for budget BDs at all

Finally all the OT chatter is over ...

It's an indictment of local prices if these prices are considered cheap... Our disc sales forum probably gives you better deals for new and old discs.

But having this thread also helps keep our forum prices in check as people know how much to pay.

Although sometimes you still see ridiculous prices here and there.

Look like Amazon heard about Wow's deal on Back To The Future Trilogy and have dropped there price to $14.99

Also The Fighter,True Grit Remake and The Rite are down to $14.99 and Red Riding Hood,The Kings Speech,Tron Legacy and Battle Los Angeles are down to $17.99

Con Air and Man On Fire $7.99

Cheers Ryan

Edited by Ryan

Look like Amazon heard about Wow's deal on Back To The Future Trilogy and have dropped there price to $14.99

Cheers Ryan

Isn't it $24.99 and not $14.99? If it is I would buy it in a flash.

Sanity have a sale at the moment, and there a re few bargains there. i picked up after waiting for ages for a decent price bee movie and star trek for $18 each. they also have bdps370 blu ray player for $99 ...CHEAP

Isn't it $24.99 and not $14.99? If it is I would buy it in a flash.

Yeah its finished now but i can say if you like the movies then grab em at $25,i was astounded by the PQ when i watched the first one a while back :) i was happy enough when i grabbed at JB's 20% sale for around $38

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6647

Cheers Ryan

Edited by Ryan

Sanity have a sale at the moment, and there a re few bargains there. i picked up after waiting for ages for a decent price bee movie and star trek for $18 each. they also have bdps370 blu ray player for $99 ...CHEAP

They also have Patton for $20 which I bought. The movie has a great performance from George C Scott which deservedly won him an Acadamy Award (although he didn't turn up to collect it!). The blu ray transfer is excellent.

Regards

The Hound

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_356556342_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000372481&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=goldbox-ads2&pf_rd_r=1WPDMS6AYYYKQYMH83DR&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_p=1302684262&pf_rd_i=20

Hi Def week at amazon, but so far the only interesting things (to me) are Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 on Friday and Toy Story trilogy for Sat Gold Box

what shipping do you guys usually use from Amazon US?

Direct from amazon, standard shipping. Occasionally it gets upgrade to expedited. The latest was shipped on 9th Jun and received a failed delivery notice from Speedpost at my doorstep today.

Sorry for late reply but Iron Man 2 was at my local Blockbuster,i grabbed a copy for myself and one for Mel so none left at mine but try your local :)

And taken from another forum i frequent and from a dude who works at JB and is a good fella so i would see no reason why it isnt so :)

Just letting you all know it's 20% off all DVDs and bluray at JB from Wednesday till next Sunday!

Cheers Ryan