Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re: Special Features on Avatar BD.

Im the same, not the BIGGEST of fans of special features. But I mean its movie of the bloody century, I wouldve liked to see the Making of.

I saw a short "making of" in Big W the other day, looked awesome and made me stop in my tracks to watch it... very interesting. As for it being movie of the century, apart from that being impossible (it's only 10 years into the century :P ) i have to agreee with:

Oh please! It's a fantastic use of new technologies but it's as substantial as a hand full of rice bubbles. :lol:

Regarding special features in general, i think they are great, i love watching the deleted scenes and actor director interviews... like stalone's interview of rocky, that was awesome

Trick R Treat $9.99 USD at Amazon,lowest price ever :)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Trick-r-Treat-Blu-ray/5161/

It said Rambo Box Set 1-3 was Gold Box of the day deal for $25 but it comes up as $28.99,Gold Box may have expired but still nice and cheap :)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rambo-1-3-Box-Set-Blu-ray/773/

Saving Private Ryan down to $19.99,lowest price

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Saving-Priva...n-Blu-ray/8683/

Edited by Ryan

Just picked up "Rendition" on Blu Ray at my Local Video Ezy (In WA) for $15, and that is for a new one, not ex rental. I did see it about a week ago, but seeing it still at that price got me today, as there were no new releases I was interested in (Have to leave with something)

Mark

Saw Sherlock Holmes at JB (Northlands homemaker center) for $39.xx :o Though I've noticed they tend to be more expensive than most JB's <_<

Anyone seen it cheaper around the traps?

cheers

$27 from CD Wow and you could use a $2 voucher and get it for $25 Delivered.

$27 from CD Wow and you could use a $2 voucher and get it for $25 Delivered.

Personally, I would just wait. The rpice will be down in a week or two. I am not paying more than $20 for a bluray ever again. Of course that means that most of mine are imported but c'est la vie...

Saw Sherlock Holmes at JB (Northlands homemaker center) for $39.xx Though I've noticed they tend to be more expensive than most JB's

cheers

See below from the Aus bargains thread :)

target

Starts 05 May - Ends 12 May

Sherlock Holmes

$30

limit 2 per customer

page 17

http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/port...&gotopage=1

edit

$28.98 at big w

This post has been edited by mcduck: May 3 2010, 10:26 AM

Saw Sherlock Holmes at JB (Northlands homemaker center) for $39.xx :o Though I've noticed they tend to be more expensive than most JB's <_<

cheers

I picked it up at Target for $30.

Has anyone found Sherlock Holmes cheaper than BigW's $28? JB HiFi are pushing the regular edition at $35 and the tin box edition for $40.

just walked into The Strand JB and noted the above - how does a steelcase justify a $5 premium ontop of the high price of the standard ??

what happened to the 'predictions' of New Release titles under $30 ????

just walked into The Strand JB and noted the above - how does a steelcase justify a $5 premium ontop of the high price of the standard ??

what happened to the 'predictions' of New Release titles under $30 ????

There's a few new releases - 50 Dead Men Walking was another one I saw - that were $39.95 standard edition price at JB. Prices seem to be going up, at least for the titles that won't sell a million copies.

I noticed that boogie nights has dropped to $16.99 at amazon if there is anyone placing an amazon order and would like to grab it for me I would be forever grateful :) reason being is that I placed an order last week and then a couple of days later 3 or 4 other titles dropped heaps on price so I placed another order and then boogie nights dropped a lot :( anyway if anyone can help let me know. Obviously I will pay you for it lol

cheers Ryan

Edited by Ryan