Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly OT: At what point in the VAT discounted at the Hut?

I'm about to order 4 Disney movies.....

there is NO VAT reduction at THE HUT - the price you see is the price you pay + 2.35pds ($A4.70 approx) per item for shipping.

EDIT - 17.83 for the 2 titles + 4.70pds = 22.53 GBP = $ 41.5059 AUD approx (may differ for bank and CC charges)

Edited by tonyjg

if you order is over 35 pounds you can enter HWALK in the coupon spot and you get 3 pounds off. might be of interest to someone ordering 4 discs.

a couple of titles have sold out already so it might pay to get in soon if you are interested.

Edited by bensl

if you order is over 35 pounds you can enter HWALK in the coupon spot and you get 3 pounds off. might be of interest to someone ordering 4 discs.

a couple of titles have sold out already so it might pay to get in soon if you are interested.

thanks, might try.

Not sure if they are region free, but there are a number of twin packs of titles going for about $25 each eg Next/Face-Off (twin pack means $3 less postage).

Depending on the Amazon algorithm, these also tend to show up in the Gold Box deals with a couple of dollars off too.

Thanks Ian.

Yeah, but I already have face off, and Next I have on HDDVD.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Varun

can you order 2x copies of Monsters Inc ? and get 1 free?

Im interested if someone wants to get a copy. I can also Express post the copy aswell (free of charge). Ive just never used the hut before, and just tried adding 2x Monsters Inc to the basket and it didnt discount the second copy ?

Cheers

can you order 2x copies of Monsters Inc ? and get 1 free?

Im interested if someone wants to get a copy. I can also Express post the copy aswell (free of charge). Ive just never used the hut before, and just tried adding 2x Monsters Inc to the basket and it didnt discount the second copy ?

Cheers

I have never tried either, but I would be interested if it worked!

Few cheap Blu's at cdwow (well there is 64 in the bargain basement)

Some of the cheap ones....

Reservior Dogs $14.36

The Golden Compass $14.36

Hairspray $14.36

All the kings men $15.26

Gone Baby Gone $16.95

and a whole bunch at $18.xx

Amazon uk have 2 for 1 on disney titles now too. im not sure what works out cheaper between amazon and the hut.

Here's the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/re...ocId=1000272253

Similar deal to The Hut, and all the BDs ship from preferred merchant so no VAT removal... :(

EDIT... Put two through, works out at AU$21.135 each shipped

Edited by darthhasbro

I think Amazon.co.uk track TheHut/DVD.co.uk prices and adjust theirs to compete, but they move titles to their Preferred Merchant as part of the competition.

Amazon US has a number of twin-packs, not just Next/Face-Off (eg Shooter/Italian-Job, MI 1/2, Patriot-Games/Sum-Of-All-Fears), however I haven't found a way to search for all twin-packs yet. If you can get one of them to come up, then the Frequently Bought Together and What Customers Ultimately Bought sections often include similar items. Alternatively, search on "Paramount Blu" and hopefully the twin-packs will appear somewhere in the list.

Here's the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/re...ocId=1000272253

Similar deal to The Hut, and all the BDs ship from preferred merchant so no VAT removal... :(

EDIT... Put two through, works out at AU$21.135 each shipped

Thanks for the above. Just put through my very first international purchase. Now comes the waiting!!

(The Hut offer wouldn't work for me?!?!)