Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow what a great price i hope its the BD version and not dvd,if so deal of the year :)

That's what I was thinking when I purchased it, so I took a copy of the jpeg picture they used for advertising it and saved it in case of any arguments

It clearly shows their price label on the Blu-ray cover

got the same email from them. Is that Eastern Promises any good? seems to have a good rating on IMDB.

I loved it, but then I have no idea what kind of movies you like. It's not a thrills and spills, shoot 'em up move, more of a slow boiler drama like Syriana or Michael Clayon.

JB have just started a new 2 for $50 deal.

A quick check of my BD collections shows that I paid under $20 for 21 of my BDs, and 9 were over $20 but under $25.

So the JB 2 for $50 offer is not very impressive.

Just goes to show how badly we do in our stores compared with what we can get mail order from overseas.

Cheers,

Michael

PS The Wrestler is just in the stores. The back cover says this is 26P :rolleyes:

Just got The Wrestler from JB, they had it for $29.98, so screw Big-W. The only problem I had is that I realised the case I got had a rip on the middle top of the slip-in cover. I went back to check, and all their cases had the issue. Must have been in packaging, this was at West Lakes, SA. They are gonna try get in another copy, I know it sounds like a silly little issue but if I'm buying new I expect it to be near perfect.

Just got The Wrestler from JB, they had it for $29.98, so screw Big-W. The only problem I had is that I realised the case I got had a rip on the middle top of the slip-in cover. I went back to check, and all their cases had the issue. Must have been in packaging, this was at West Lakes, SA. They are gonna try get in another copy, I know it sounds like a silly little issue but if I'm buying new I expect it to be near perfect.

Do you know if it's region locked mate??

I hate that jb at westies. The staff are all emo's. LOL. I was gonna get The Wrestler, but its missin some extras from the US version. Do u know if they had in stock South Park S12 on bluray there.

I hate that jb at westies. The staff are all emo's. LOL. I was gonna get The Wrestler, but its missin some extras from the US version. Do u know if they had in stock South Park S12 on bluray there.

Yep had about half a dozen South Park S12 there.

jbl540, it's listed as Region B on the back, so it might be locked.

Edited by Sambo90