Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Place a decent-sized order on Amazon UK last night, picked up The Mummy trilogy, Godfather box set, Wallce & Gromit's new film, Extras Christmas special and Downfall all on blu-ray for about AU$200 including postage. Given that Godfather RRP in Australia seems to be around the $150 mark, that's a fairly decent deal.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place a decent-sized order on Amazon UK last night, picked up The Mummy trilogy, Godfather box set, Wallce & Gromit's new film, Extras Christmas special and Downfall all on blu-ray for about AU$200 including postage. Given that Godfather RRP in Australia seems to be around the $150 mark, that's a fairly decent deal.

I picked up the godfather trilogy last night as well, as well as pans labyrinth, shawshank redemption and 13 going on 30 for the missus.

$131 all up including shipping.

Can't argue with prices like that.

Extras Christmas special

That would a great watch! My only concerns are that the customer reviews are saying that it may only be in 1080i and have 5.1DD in stead of DTS-HD. Hope it works out for you!

;)

I picked up the godfather trilogy last night as well, as well as pans labyrinth, shawshank redemption and 13 going on 30 for the missus.

$131 all up including shipping.

Can't argue with prices like that.

Very shrewd - getting a flick for the misses to avoid said argument! :D

That would a great watch! My only concerns are that the customer reviews are saying that it may only be in 1080i and have 5.1DD in stead of DTS-HD. Hope it works out for you!

;)

I'm sure it'll do... :P

Do a search on "Planet Earth" in the thread title. If you're a doco fan, definitely worth it - almost a must-have in any Blu-ray collection. If you're a doco fan, you probably already know what it's all about...........

What's the best price for it here in Oz?

What's the AQ of Planet Earth like? Is it in 5.1 lossless sound?

What's the best price for it here in Oz?

What's the AQ of Planet Earth like? Is it in 5.1 lossless sound?

Think it's like $90 in OZ

And audio is DD only. Sounds reasonable enough when justified (waterfalls etc have a bit of bass going on) but it is a nature documentary so the DD track suffices.

As a natural history doco, a lot of the shots are long shots, so it's not like you're submerged in deep jungle territory with crickets chirping all around you...

The packaging from the UK is slightly different from the Aussie one. The claim to fame of this series was that most of the vision was filmed in high-def. Don't think they mentioned the audio was recorded in high-def though! :D

As a natural history doco, a lot of the shots are long shots, so it's not like you're submerged in deep jungle territory with crickets chirping all around you...

The packaging from the UK is slightly different from the Aussie one. The claim to fame of this series was that most of the vision was filmed in high-def. Don't think they mentioned the audio was recorded in high-def though! :D

While not a bargain as such, I highly recommend the BBC High Definition Natural History Collection. It contains:

Planet Earth

Ganges

Wild China

Galapagos

All in the one boxset. Some amazing footage in that set.

after all that did anyone have time to get a bargain at big w

I'm over Big W and trying to time it to the minute to pick up titles on sale, if you're there a day early they aren't on sale a day later you turn up only to find them sold out, from now on I'm just going to grab their catalogue and get dj, jb, kmart etc to price match

Oh, and on the subject of Bargains, it is debatable as a bargin, but kmart and target are having 10% off Disney DVD & Blu-ray this week... again another saga go to the local target discs are price at $42 so no real saving, kmart had prices of most titles at $37 but no stock :angry:

Edited by matthewa

That 2 for $50 deal at Sanity is pretty good, some quality titles in there.

Whilst I was there I noticed the Die Hard collection on bluray for $64.99. I think they got their DVD and Bluray price tickets mixed up as the guy at the counter said that its dearer than that on the screen here. But he had to give it to me at the ticketed price. Hope he doesn't get his arse kicked though as it probably wasn't his fault.

OK Matt.

Last time I went to the shops it was still $116 or something.

JB have a few boxsets on sale now.

Ultimate Matrix - $99

Bourne - $79

X-men - $89

etc...

i just imported from amazon UK though. Got Matrix Collection (no Animatrix) and X-men for AUD$120 shipped.

This has been this price at Sanity for months, and also the same price on Sanity online

Just on their site then,

http://www.sanity.com.au/search/search.asp....x=0&I1.y=0

BLU-RAY: Die Hard Quadrilogy: M15 4DVD A$149.99

The DVD version is $64.99.

:)

No way would anyone pay $149 in their right mind for it. Big W had it for about $83 which is still pretty good imo.

Edited by Legoman

As mentioned that price on the Die Hard Quad has been around for months and yes its definateley wrong,i carnt believe they still havent fixed it LOL oh well good for those of us who snapped it up,well c'mon Sanity we are due for another price stuff up after Rambo Trilogy and Die Hard quad......howz about Bourne Trilogy for $29.99 :D

Cheers Ryan

Edited by Ryan

So what is the exchange rate and shipping rate ?

Shippin rate of AMZ.UK is 2.09  per order charge and 1.49 per item charge - all figures in GBP.. Its actually cheaper than amz.com but amz.ca has the cheapest shippin rates of de  3 thou'..