Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Meanwhile, Paramount titles that used to be expensive have suddenly dropped in price. Iron Man, Tropic Thunder, Cloverfield, Shooter, Aeon Flux and Sahara all seem to be between $22-25 at the Warehouse and Whitcoulls. The upcoming Star Trek movie box set is only $130 for the first six movies, yet someone somewhere still thinks it's OK to charge $60 for a Fox catalogue title!

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did the sums on several titles at Amazon US & UK comapred to Mighty Ape at the weekend and the latter was just ridiculous - even Band of Brothers works out cheaper with postage and you don't have to wait another 5 months before getting it!

When they were Gameplanet with a retail shop in Dominion Rd I used to purchase the occassional item from them as the pricing was competitive and just down the road from my work. Since they did away with the retail shop and made the name change, I can't say I have ever purchased off them again. It amazes me that an online only shop can not be a bit more price competitive with the lower overheads. Sure they don't have the bulk purchasing power of the likes of JB Hifi, but when most items are at RRP what is the incentive to buy from them when you have postage on top plus the delivery time to contend with.

Adam;89134 wrote:
Meanwhile, Paramount titles that used to be expensive have suddenly dropped in price. Iron Man, Tropic Thunder, Cloverfield, Shooter, Aeon Flux and Sahara all seem to be between $22-25 at the Warehouse and Whitcoulls. The upcoming Star Trek movie box set is only $130 for the first six movies, yet someone somewhere still thinks it's OK to charge $60 for a Fox catalogue title!

Damn that is a good price for the Star Trek Movie box set, even though number 5 was an absolute stinker.

Speed Racer is currently in the Sanity 2 for $50 sale. I almost picked it up today but could not decide on The Bank Jon or Man on Fire as my 2nd title

I would grab the other two (although I reckon the Bank Job is a better movie than the one you mentioned :P) and leave Speed Racer right were it is.

That's one of the reasons I did not pick it up. I rented it as I was not sure if I would enjoy it. It's an ok movie but not one which I would watch all the time.

I would grab the other two (although I reckon the Bank Job is a better movie than the one you mentioned :P) and leave Speed Racer right were it is.