Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

not quite true I scanned behind enemy lines and it came up as $38 something. but yes a lot of $29 titles

At my local Big W that happened on Rocky 1 and I said 'I thought all movies were $29' and she said 'yes you are right' and changed it.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to be kidding. I was there the other night and they flat out refused the price match, saying "we can't even buy them for $29 each".

No, I am not kidding, I went there last night and I did not think they would follow BigW in reducing their price and was just checking out their

price on Music DVDs then I found in their BR section they had 300 reduced to $29.40. Chesty can certainly back me up on that since he has

been to JB this morning.

No, I am not kidding, I went there last night and I did not think they would follow BigW in reducing their price and was just checking out their

price on Music DVDs then I found in their BR section they had 300 reduced to $29.40. Chesty can certainly back me up on that since he has

been to JB this morning.

Maybe I should get down there in my lunch break.

I'm chasing Shooter and 300 and don't think they'll last the day!

Well, as I promised myself I wouldn't buy blu-ray discs for more than $30, I was naturally quite excited when I heard about the Big W offer. So now, I can finally play movies on my PS3.

I went in the Ezy-Dvd store (Sydney City) and they price matched the movies on the Big W catalogue - picked up The Departed, MI3 and Deja Vu.

I then went in into my local Big W store as I was looking for Shooter. There were none on the shelves so picked up Xmen the Last Stand. I then took a punt and asked the sales girl about Shooter. She disappeared for a while out the back and came back with a copy - must have just unpacked. I was stoked!

Saw it last night - great movie!

just got back from big w southland and they had everything. i picked up Reign of Fire and Deja Vu. then went around the corner to EzyDVD and they price matched not only the big w listed titles but EVERY Blu-Ray title in stock. so i couldn't help myself and picked up Monster House (for momaw), The Rock, Enemy Of The State and Hellboy (for yorac). then i decided to push my luck and asked if they would match the Sanity offer on HD-DVD of 2 for $50, she also said yesso i grabbed Mummy and Mummy Returns.

i had a good day

PS: She was a top sort as well

Yep she served me to, slim little cute brunette.

She gladly matched the BigW sale price for all BDs.

You've got to be kidding. I was there the other night and they flat out refused the price match, saying "we can't even buy them for $29 each".

EZY-DVD Southland for you.

yes it was JB in Lonsdale. But as i said it was only the titles in the big W catalogue that were reduced. All the other jb Blu ray titles were full price.

Not at EZY-DVD Southland :)

Maybe I should get down there in my lunch break.

I'm chasing Shooter and 300 and don't think they'll last the day!

Are you far from Southland? ;)

Edited by the joz

Yep she served me to, slim little cute brunette.

i softened her up for you.

we also had a chat about Island Fever 3 on HD too. i invited her over to watch it with me and told her to bring the gimp mask and handcuffs too but she slapped me and called me a pervert so i just run out of the store quickly :ph34r:

i softened her up for you.

we also had a chat about Island Fever 3 on HD too. i invited her over to watch it with me and told her to bring the gimp mask and handcuffs too but she slapped me and called me a pervert so i just run out of the store quickly :ph34r:

Funny I used the same lines.........................i'M A HAPPY MAN :lol:

well I felt the pull of the dark force this afternoon and decided to drop in on my local BigW.

I was going to pick up Shooter (after having to drop the HD DVD version from my amazon 300 order to get it to ship).

There were a few copies of each of the sale titles on display, but no Shooter or 300.

I asked the sales guy and he said "we sold out of 300 and shooter yesterday, and we won't be getting any more in".

Oh well, I'm sort of glad, it's one less sale for the dark side :P

I went JB in Melb tonight apparently their price matching sale of BR only lasted for 1 day, the price for BR are now all back to $39+.

Really? Gee i jagged that one then by going today. This was this morning though.

Just brought 300 and shooter from JB in Penrith same price as big W as they price matched it. Big W sold out and the guy there said that they would get more in but the price wouldn't be the same. So after i brought Peal Harbour from them for $12.87 as all their dvd's are on sale. The guy there also rang Riichmond store to see if they have it in stock which they didn't.

Then went to Ezydvd store but they wouldn't price match 300 as they said it costs more for them to but it for $29. Told them that other people have brought it from them at that cost and the girl said that there diffrent shops. So then it was to JB to show catalog and the manager went out back to ring to see if Big W have it in stock to see if they could matvh the cost. After 5 mins the lady behind the counter said they could do it. So either they didn't ring or just decided they would do it. I also herd the lady talking to the manager that if it was a just a dollar or two difference it would be ok but such as it was such a bigger margain they would ring Big W. Also asked if i had been there which i said i hadn't yet and was wgy i came here 1st as its at the other end of the Plaza.

So try JB 1st as they have more there but big W looks like they have already sold out.

Went to Big W in Karingal shopping centre, Frankston today - They had 17 different titles, but no 300 or Shooter.

Actually, first time I have been to that shopping centre in years - The new Village complex is amazing

Has anyone tried JB Preston, to see if they will price match ?