Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Called BIG W Civic this morning & put theses on hold (300 was already gone!):

Reign Of Fire

Gone in 60 Sec

Ghost Rider

Hellboy

Rocky Balboa

Shooter

When I got there this afternoon they didn't put Shooter on hold cause the only copy they had vanished while I was talking to the sales guy this morning, no biggy, said they are getting more in & will hold one for me.

Decided to nip up to JB & see if they had 300 & if they would price match -_- .............Bingo! they did & I got Shooter as well for $29.48 :D

Funny thing is I don't even have a Blu Ray player yet! :P

EDIT: Got my tax refund after I posted, PS3 here I come :lol:

JB civic told me they would not match shooter! Bastards! I put a copy of shooter on hold at civic too and when I turned up to get it at lunch it was gone too!

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suggestion. I think all of us who have bought discs from Big W in this sale should enter the competition and in the 25 words or less tell us why you bought this blu-ray disc from Big W, we all put in that the price was the reason. It might be our best chance to let people know that lower prices will mean alot more discs sold.

JB civic told me they would not match shooter! Bastards! I put a copy of shooter on hold at civic too and when I turned up to get it at lunch it was gone too!

At first the sales girl said the same thing to me, she wasn't sure about 300 so she rang the manager & decided to asked about Shooter as well & he told her I could have both. :P

Edited by Priory

Yeah i might pick up a couple tomorrow.

Even though I have most of them, at least the ones i want. $30 is too hard to resist. Even though i pay only about a buck more for importing. I just hate those damn thick cases.

Its worth paying a couple of extra bucks just to get the thin cases...

Edited by Chesty

Yeah i might pick up a couple tomorrow.

Even though I have most of them, at least the ones i want. $30 is too hard to resist. Even though i pay only about a buck more for importing. I just hate those damn thick cases.

Its worth paying a couple of extra bucks just to get the thin cases...

For those of you in Melbourne city head straight to JB Hi-Fi DVD shop, they have reduced a lot of BR disc down to $29.40 including titles such as Shooter and 300. Don't worry about hunting around BigW for those advertised titles. I picked up 300 for $29.40 this evening.

Edited by jliang70

For those of you in Melbourne city head straight to JB Hi-Fi DVD shop, they have reduced a lot of BR disc down to $29.40 including titles such as Shooter and 300. Don't worry about hunting around BigW for those advertised titles. I picked up 300 for $29.40 this evening.

Cool thanks for this. Only 5 minutes from work too. Clearly in response to Big W as they were not that cheap last week.

I wonder how many PS3's Sony will sell with this promotion ?

I seems to me they are just selling BR movies to those that already have the PS3 ....which does little to promote PS3 sales.

Get 'em while their cheap ! It may be a while before such a sale happens again.

C.M

I wonder how many PS3's Sony will sell with this promotion ?

I seems to me they are just selling BR movies to those that already have the PS3 ....which does little to promote PS3 sales.

Get 'em while their cheap ! It may be a while before such a sale happens again.

C.M

Seems to be just part of what has become a semi-regular DVD supersale.......

This is the second one of these sales in the last few months by BigW.

I must be the only person to not have any luck yesterday.

I went to Big W and they had sold out of 300 and Shooter which are the only titles I am really after at the moment.

I moved on to Myer and they refused to price match.

HMV also refused to match.

Ezy DVD was closed.

David Jones WOULD match, but they didn't have the titles.

Target refused to match.

JB Hi Fi were on the verge of matching when the sales girl ruined my chances. She was about to put it through when she asked the staff member on the register next to her if it could be done. She said to check with a manager who told me they would ONLY price match if the Big W I went to had the DVD in stock. She made the call, told me they were out and that she wouldn't do it for me. I asked her what she thought of a budget family discount store outpricing arguably Australia's largest DVD retailer and she just got snippy and said it was a head office issue, not hers.

It makes me even more mad to hear the JB matched prices for other people here. I might have to try again tonight but feel I might be wasting my time.

By the way, is it just me or does every JB Hi Fi employee look exactly the same? And by that I mean, dressed in emo clothing, several tattoos on arms and stomach and no fewer that seven piercings in the face. They look horrible.

I picked up a couple of titles at BigW - plus my 8 discs from my July 30 amazon order finally arrived. :D

The BigW price looks pretty good value against Amazon ATM - Aussie $ has dipped below 80c this morning. :o

Gee, Aussie $ is getting a hammering and it is sad because I was hoping it would stay at least about 84c level

so I can make some serious purchase but now that decision will be delayed. Bluray disc such as 300 and

Shooter are now cheaper here than US and I would never think that would be the case for a new format.

Gee, Aussie $ is getting a hammering and it is sad because I was hoping it would stay at least about 84c level

so I can make some serious purchase but now that decision will be delayed. Bluray disc such as 300 and

Shooter are now cheaper here than US and I would never think that would be the case for a new format.

Yep, however the aussie will bounce back. Its a tough little bugger...

I have a suggestion. I think all of us who have bought discs from Big W in this sale should enter the competition and in the 25 words or less tell us why you bought this blu-ray disc from Big W, we all put in that the price was the reason. It might be our best chance to let people know that lower prices will mean alot more discs sold.

That's a great idea Mo! Pity I didn't see your post until I go back. If I go back I will enter the comp and do this!

Its not just the Blu-Rays in the catalogue that are $29

Its very Blu-Ray movie in the store.

not quite true I scanned behind enemy lines and it came up as $38 something. but yes a lot of $29 titles

Which JB? If you scroll up a bit you will see the bastards refused to price match for me.

It is JB Hi-Fi DVD store on Lonsdale Street in Melbourne that have reduced the BR to $29.40.

If you scroll up a bit further you will see my post last night. Not all JB stores have reduced

their price.

It is JB Hi-Fi DVD store on Lonsdale Street in Melbourne that have reduced the BR to $29.40.

If you scroll up a bit further you will see my post last night. Not all JB stores have reduced

their price.

You've got to be kidding. I was there the other night and they flat out refused the price match, saying "we can't even buy them for $29 each".