Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

PS: She was a top sort as well

This is the problem when you go out mate you start slutting yourself left, right and centre :ph34r: ......any pics B)

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southland owns for everything. Better parking than Chaddie, more eye-candy than the city and its huge.

... and you might get to see Kath and Kim wandering around. In fact you're guaranteed to see Kath and Kim lookalikes.

On topic though - might try the local EzyDVD for price matches on copies of 300 and POTC later this arvo.

Man everywhere I have asked about price matches they have looked at me like I was threatening to kill a kitten (which I have no problem with if it means cheaper prices). Seriously as soon as you ask about a price match you are no longer a valued customer and get treated like dog crap on the bottom of their shoe.

Man everywhere I have asked about price matches they have looked at me like I was threatening to kill a kitten (which I have no problem with if it means cheaper prices). Seriously as soon as you ask about a price match you are no longer a valued customer and get treated like dog crap on the bottom of their shoe.

Thats Canberra for ya!

Elitists...

:(

Dont' worry mate, I have calledd them and the sale lady there told me they have sold out 300 and will be getting more next week and they won't be able to match the price of BigW on 300 but the best they can do is $34. They can however price match on some of the other BR titles. ED Southland is much better than Knox they won't even try to price match.

Edited by jliang70

picked up shooter and 300 from bigw today, shooter looks amazing.

Picked up Shooter myself earlier this afternoon. Glad you rate it as an amazing look as I couldn't find a picture quality ranking for it on the AVS thread. But earlier comments in another thread here said it was good.

On another matter I've got to say the organisation of shelves at the fairly new BigW Bankstown was pretty bad. I spent ten minutes looking for a Blu-Ray section before asking for help. They have interspersed the BD's amongst the DVD's and it makes it a pain in the ass to find what you're looking for in what is a very large range.

That said the staff were great. At one stage I had one of them race up and show me the last copy of 300 they had - shame I got it from Amazon last week. Couldn't find Shooter so I asked at the counter and at first she said no but then went 'oh' and found one in unopened box of new stock.

Called BIG W Civic this morning & put theses on hold (300 was already gone!):

Reign Of Fire

Gone in 60 Sec

Ghost Rider

Hellboy

Rocky Balboa

Shooter

When I got there this afternoon they didn't put Shooter on hold cause the only copy they had vanished while I was talking to the sales guy this morning, no biggy, said they are getting more in & will hold one for me.

Decided to nip up to JB & see if they had 300 & if they would price match -_- .............Bingo! they did & I got Shooter as well for $29.48 :D

Funny thing is I don't even have a Blu Ray player yet! :P

EDIT: Got my tax refund after I posted, PS3 here I come :lol:

Edited by Priory

Went during my morning tea and got shooter asap, they had all the titles as well, wich was good to see.

Then, after work thought id go again and browse a bit more due to no time restraint(and hopefully buy some more)...and what do ya know! half the titles were gone!

So they must be moving pretty good!