Some good value there guys, enjoy

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Guys , Buy one get one free on some UHD and Bluray titles on Amazon.com.au https://www.amazon.com.au/b/ref=mh_5637335051_is_pn_2?node=5637335051&qid=1525955642&tag=ozbargain-22&am

20% off at JB HiFi until Sunday 4 March, there is also a coupon for those who subscribe for tomorrow 2 March only for an extra 10% off.

ps if you go in store you get a $20 voucher with EVERY purchase.   I re used one to buy something else and got another voucher which I used again... and now have another voucher again to use

• Moderators
Hi guys latest Big W

Shooter

Rocky B

POTC: DMC

Fantastic 4

X3

Hart's War

MI:3

Ghost Rider

Last Samurai

The Departed

Chicken Little

Finding Neverland

Hollywoodland

Deja Vu

POTC: TCOTBP

Gone In 60 Seconds

Reign of Fire

Hellboy

wow look at that. things are really getting interesting now ! thanks for the heads up Yo

dont think youd bother importing at that sort of prices ! woohoo !

Hi guys latest Big W

Shooter

Rocky B

POTC: DMC

Fantastic 4

X3

Hart's War

MI:3

Ghost Rider

Last Samurai

The Departed

Chicken Little

Finding Neverland

Hollywoodland

Deja Vu

POTC: TCOTBP

Gone In 60 Seconds

Reign of Fire

Hellboy

Good find. Are these the only one avaialbe from BIG W or the ones that are on sale?

Thanks

Benthx

Brilliant value wow what a find - do staff get store discount on top of that too..? (not like I'm greedy or anything sub 30 bucks is great value). Damn I wish those cheaper sony players would hurry up and get here!

Looks like I may have to cancel my Amazon order for Shooter. The Big W price is virtually the same as the marginal cost of importing from overseas. Just hope my local store has stock.

All of them! These are sold in Australia, so no region issues to worry about. That is a great price BTW.

cheers,

Silkman

Mark has an oveseas PS3 so unfortunately region coding is an issue for him to verify this time round Silkman. :blink:

Edited by Felix.

All of them! These are sold in Australia, so no region issues to worry about. That is a great price BTW.

cheers,

Silkman

Unfortunately that is not true for either regular DVD or Br. DVD has regional coding applied as standard. The players however may be region free. With BluRay, some movies and studios tend to pick and choose movies. Fox movies are defo region coded.

Unfortunately that is not true for either regular DVD or Br. DVD has regional coding applied as standard. The players however may be region free. With BluRay, some movies and studios tend to pick and choose movies. Fox movies are defo region coded.

Yes, only HD DVD is region-code free : P

Damn these format wars!

cheers,

Silkman

Now where is momaw so I can try to tell him he's better off locally.

Oh my! You got me there. Why oh why did I just import The Fifth Element, Wild Things - Unrated, The Host, Infernal Affairs, Wings of Honneamise and Patlabor when I could have got them for $25 at Big W? I better cancel my orders for Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor 2, The Crow, Oldboy, Pans Labarynth, Memoirs of a Geisha, Troy Extended Cut, Underworld unrated and Blade Runner Ultimate Edition and grab them in this $25 dollar sale. :rolleyes:

Actually mo theyre $29 each, not as much a bargain as your mistype makes out!!! ;)

What!!!! That's more than I paid for my imports delivered to my door!!!!!! The outrage!!!!!!

Given the choice of buying locally or overseas, even for a few dollars saving buying overseas, I would be happy to wait, Having spent the last 7 odd years buying DVDs online, Im just used to it. Thats not to say I have never impulse bought locally, but I also hate to support big stores like JB. Odd, but just habit Im afraid.

But how much of a premium would you pay for instant gratification? :wub:

Pete, I think you may have missed the sarcasm in Mo's post, and the fact that none of the title's listed are actually available in Australia ;)

At the risk of being a lazy bugger, is the local XMen 3 region free, or playable on Region A machines?

I think local Xmen 3 is region locked. Out of all the titles at $29 I will probably get 300 which is a warner bro title and from the box I saw at Blockbuster it is region free.

Given the choice of buying locally or overseas, even for a few dollars saving buying overseas, I would be happy to wait, Having spent the last 7 odd years buying DVDs online, Im just used to it. Thats not to say I have never impulse bought locally, but I also hate to support big stores like JB. Odd, but just habit Im afraid.

Err Mark.....would you rather support that 'little guy', Amazon? :rolleyes:

don;t forget at 3:30pm on the day before the sale starts ie Wed for Thursday the sytem usually changes over to the sale prices when it scans. So you can get there early before they run out. You didn;t hear that from me and shhh don't tell anyone hehehe.

don;t forget at 3:30pm on the day before the sale starts ie Wed for Thursday the sytem usually changes over to the sale prices when it scans. So you can get there early before they run out. You didn;t hear that from me and shhh don't tell anyone hehehe.

Your secret is safe with me. I promise i wont tell anyone.

Guest Danny Boy

Whoa! I just received the BigW catalogue and what a huge score for BD. Not only is there no mention of a rival format, but the whole back page goes into detail about BD. A huge percentage of the population receive this catalogue. Average joe is gonna take notice. $29.48!!!! I'm still in shock. And for the hard of reading I'm talking about PRICE not range. Next thing they'll tell me is 23.99 USD plus P&H is cheaper than this. And you can shove your limited discount too.

If I can get movies locally for <$30 I will get an Aussie release Blu player. I was considering importing a US player so I could get my movies at a reasonable price.

The most i have paid for a HD DVD is $38 for the 300 combo, I have about 30 others that were $25 or below.

Hakka.

Went to K Mart Fountain Gate today - neither format in stock - DSE had a BR stand and a few HD DVD's all at arm and leg prices but at least they've got them, Big W aren't putting out the advertised one's until the sale begin and didn't go to Target as they make DSE look cheap,.

Apparently I need to post this here so it becomes relevant

.....And for the hard of reading I'm talking about PRICE not range. Next thing they'll tell me is 23.99 USD plus P&H is cheaper than this. And you can shove your limited discount too.

But I thought you died in the wool blu-boys said it was content that mattered? Now content doesn't matter, it's price? i suppose that irony would be lost on you.

I also thought this BigW sale was a "limited discount". So this limited discount is more valid than another? You are a very confused little Danny boy. You can't even keep your arguments straight.

Oh and yes, I am paying less than $29.48 for most of my titles and as nearly all local titles are region free, when sales like this come up I can purchase from that range as well. I'm sorry this somehow offends you. But I informed myself before purchasing a player and am now reaping the rewards.

Sorry guys, I know I shouldn't converse with the trolls, but there is literally nothing else on the boards at the moment and he is so daft it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Guest Danny Boy
Sorry guys, I know I shouldn't converse with the trolls, but there is literally nothing else on the boards at the moment and he is so daft it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Was waiting for a line like that. Can't help yourself can ya?

Was waiting for a line like that. Can't help yourself can ya?

Don't worry about them, they just keep on trolling along.......................... :D

----------When Blu-Ray is the only format left standing them people will eat those words me tells ya!-------

Edited by plasmafreak
and you have nothing to say to my comments. Not such a smartarse when faced with facts are you?

I do, like Mike Myers (when he plays the Scottish father) in So, I Married An Axe Murderer, In Scottish accent "SHUT IT!" :P

Edited by plasmafreak